[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If not with cutting/burning/self harm, how do you deal with feelings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
If not with cutting/burning/self harm, how do you deal with feelings of inferiority and worthlessness?
>>
Crying? Doing something positive about it?
Cutting is for attention, it has no practical effect.
>>
>>16829323

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9jXPGTc5TU
>>
>>16829327
>Cutting is for attention
lol
>>
>>16829323
fantasy and dissociation
>>
>>16829337
Makes sense that most people would think that. What kind of cutter is the average person going to run into? The ones looking for attention.
>>
>>16829323
Improve yourself, or die trying, it's what men do.
>>
>>16829345

Hey, some people bleed their sins and their guilt throught personal punishment and mutilation.

But we all know OP is not like that...
>>
>>16829345
most cutters try to hide their cuts. what kind of bizarro world do you live in

although i don't personally approve of self mutilation because it's counterproductive and causes more issues in the long run, they do it because it makes them feel better. it's similar to those hopeless morphine addicts, or those always looking for a new high
>>
>>16829342
Sooo world of Warcraft?
>>
>>16829382
That makes no sense. Pain isn't a high. As someone who used to do drugs this is absurd. We are biologically conditioned to avoid pain.

Moreover there is no reason why it should relieve aby sense of dread.

It's for attention, stop rationalizing something so retarded. It's not a coincidence that cutting only exists among teenagers.
>>
>>16829323
smoke crack
>>
>>16829323
Therapy and possibly medication if your depression is resistant to treatment.
>>
Internalize it and cry alone on my bed until I can't cry anymore
>>
>>16829382
>>16829382
>most cutters try to hide their cuts. what kind of bizarro world do you live in

One where most cutters successfully hide their cuts so the only ones you see are the cutters who want to be seen.
>>
>>16829323
tell em all to go fuck themselves! literally or figuretivly and tell whoevers telling you that to fuck off.
>>
>>16829323
Drugs. Lots and lots of (legal) drugs. Psychiatry is amazing like that.
>>
Vigorous exercise. Running long distances will give you an endorphin high and the fact that you're improving yourself may even make you feel less worthless. It also helps to set small achieveable goals in all aspects of your life. I recommend making a checklist of things you want to accomplish each day to keep your mind off of your depression. Of course I'm no expert these are just things that helped me.
>>
>>16829416
do you actually know any cutters or are you going to keep shitting up the thread with I'M RIGHT YOU'RE WRONG
>>
>>16829416
>That makes no sense. Pain isn't a high.
>We are biologically conditioned to avoid pain.
then why do we have people who enjoy cock and ball torture and edgeplay
>>
>>16829409
please love yourself and play demon's souls
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.