[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to euthanize or give your dog away after having
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4
File: fido.jpg (35 KB, 946x663) Image search: [Google]
fido.jpg
35 KB, 946x663
Is it possible to euthanize or give your dog away after having owned it for 3 years?

It's healthy and has the shots it needs (i think).
>>
Give dog away
>>
You can give the dog away. Contact a rescue -- it'll be easy to find one to take it if it's a purebred.

>>>/an/ will be more helpful, I think.
>>
Wow, you actually considered euthanizing it?

You're the worst kind of pet owner. I hope you realize that. Don't ever adopt a pet again, please.
>>
>>16827539
This. What the fuck OP? Didn't you bond with it at all? If you can't/won't take care of a pet for its full life span including vet bills then you can't afford a pet and never should have gotten one. That's why it's such a huge commitment.
>>
>>16827539

Listen, I had the dog and it was a great time. But it has developed some gas problems and I think it's too smelly. Also it snores at night.
>>
>>16827953

3/10

(I hope)
>>
>>16827965
I got the dog for a companion, but I didn't know they snored so heavily. Also, the smell of the gas it passes is horrendous. I live in a small apartment.
>>
>>16828002

Nobody's saying you should keep it, it's totally fine if you give it up for adoption, but it's a living thing and you can't just have it killed because it farts. Especially not when you're the one choosing its food and feeding it, I mean fuck. The farts are your fault, anyway. What is wrong with you?

You clearly don't want companionship, the fucking BODILY FUNCTIONS of another living thing are too much for you to handle. I don't even want to think of what you'd do in a human relationship with emotional entanglements on top of the farts & snoring
>>
>>16828002

>tfw OP only walks the dog once a week
>the dog is just desperately trying to hold in its poop for days to avoid soiling OP's apartment
>farts smell like poop
>WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS THING? CAN I JUST KILL IT?
>>
>>16828012
Well, thats why im asking because I dont want to schlep all the way to a vet with it, only to be told they cant euthanize it because it's otherwise healthy. So I dont know if they actually do that, I just figured I ask here before calling a vet and making an appointment.
>>
>>16828034

This has to be trolling
>>
>>16827427
don't euthanize him you monster
>>
>>16827953
this must be bait
i hope so much that this is bait
>>
>>16828034
I seriously hope you have an accident the next time you leave the house.
>>
>>16828034
giving him away it's not only easier but cheaper dumbfuck
>>
Can people stop trolling my thread. It's like you people think I would kill it myself with a shovel or something. I only considered doing it humanely over at a vet's office.
>>
>>16828092
>people disagree with my suggestion to kill a perfectly healthy animal
>WAH WAH Stop trolling me!
You really are a piece of work you know that?
>>
>>16828092
see, OP, the problem is
>killing it
it doesn't need to be killed, it's healthy and only 3 years old
give it to someone, you can make an announce on OLX or something
if its pure bred people would even pay for it
>>
>>16828092
Would you euthanise a baby if you didn't like it's crying all the time?

This is a serious question.
>>
>>16828123
I know it's not legal to euthanize a baby, so silly question.
>>
>>16828132
But neither if these are morally right...
>>
File: burgerlogic.jpg (63 KB, 700x621) Image search: [Google]
burgerlogic.jpg
63 KB, 700x621
>>16828135
Yeah man, like, killing innocent animals is totes wrong.
>>
>>16828132
>it's not legal
You really are scum. You don't seem to have any morals at all, only caring about not landing in jail.
>>
>>16828147
What I am sayin is that it would be sad, but it's not like I'm depriving anyone of great potential. A pug is mainly just a companion, and if it doesn't do that very well the world wouldn't be any worse off if a pug is put to sleep humanely.

A lot of people are deliberately misunderstanding what I'm saying in this thread.
>>
>>16828935
Aren't you saying that you don't want it anymore? We are just saying let it have another owner. It's the better option
>>
>>16828942
Well, I was just trying to look at my options.

I dont want to put it on craigslist because I dont want strangers coming to my home. But if I can take it to a shelter for free, I guess that's cheaper than taking it to a vet.
>>
>>16828956
Bringing it to a vet to kill it would cost $250 min. I know because I had to put my sick cat to sleep because she was suffering a lot. A no kill shelter might charge you a very small fee to take it in. And if you google around you might find a pug rescue group that will take it for free in your area.
>>
>>16829089
All right, but someone mentioned to me i might be able to sell it. So I think I will try that avenue first, it would be silly to just give it away if someone will pay for it.
>>
>>16829122
You are actually scum
>>
>>16829129
What now? I've already established I'm not going to euthanize it.
>>
>>16827953
Did you actually do research on the dog breed you wanted before getting a dog? Or did you just get one for aesthetic purposes or because you saw a YouTube video of it being cute?

You sound like a very irresponsible owner, you should give the dog to a shelter or give it away to someone who knows about dogs, and someone who has more commitment than you.
>>
euthanizing a pug would actually be a wise decision, its unable to breathe properly and is constantly suffering.

also don't tell me you adopted it because of stupid vines and pug memes on the internet
>>
>>16829190
Of course I did research. I talked to someone who owned a pug, and they said it would be a great breed if I didn't want to excercise it a lot.
>>
>>16829250
evidently that amount of research was not enough to dissuade you from buying a brachycephalic breed that's rife with health issues
>>
>>16827427
You're a fucking cunt, I sincerely hope your dreams go unfulfilled
>>
>>16829289
Well, we didn't go off into latin words when talking about it. It was a friend of my sister's and we met up in a bar. I saw some pics on her phone, and she didn't mention anything about them shedding so much fur and having stomach problems.
>>
That's messed up.
>>
>>16829978
How?
>>
I'm triggered you lazy ass fuck. Jesus, you're the most retarded person I've witnessed on 4chan.

Farts are an easy fix. Change the diet to something more healthy, I've noticed that dry kibble if it's not a good brand and doesn't agree with your dog it gives them horrible gas.

I have two small dogs myself, a shiba and a dachshund. I feed them Acana, same formula except the shiba gets puppy one and her farts smell like she just shat on your face.
And I deal with it.
>>
OK,

OP here

Seems I should just get rid of this one because it was the wrong breed. Mistakes happen.

Do anyone know of a dog breed that:

*doesn't eat too much or are prone to health problems so I dont have to bring them to the vet all the time
*arent aggressive
*doesnt shed fur so I have clean up after it
*is generally lazy and doesn't require a lot physical excercise and walks?
*doesnt snore

Tips are welcome
>>
>>16831605
Sounds like you want a cat
>>
Dude... Dogs are not decoration...You should consider having a cactus or something...That doesn't require much attention.
>>
>>16827953
When the dark comes for you.
It will be as merciless as this dogs fate.
>>
>>16831605
all these attributes fit perfectly for a male cat. of course, there are some breeds that can fit 80% of what you want, because good luck finding a dog that doesn't like to walk
>>
You can give the dog to me you heartless monster.
>>
>>16827953
I hope a hoe breaks your heart like you broke that dog's one

Try to give it into adoption to an actually RESPONSIBLE person or call a shelter.

And dont even fucking think about having another pet, you dont deserve it
>>
>>16831229
Because that living thing trusts you and probably loves you now that you've had it for 3 years. And you contemplated killing it because it has smelly farts and snores.
It's also very cute. If farting was that much of a problem you should've changed its diet. What do you feed it? Pedigree? If its snoring bothers you so much why don't you make it sleep in another room, in a kennel?
You should've gotten a different pet. Like a gold fish.
>>
>>16832250
I tried having a goldfish for a while, but its so boring since you cant pet it. Also it was a pain in the ass cleaning the glass bowl, so I ended up just flushing it down the toilet.
>>
>>16832307
You fucking troll.
>>
Fuck you.
>>
>>16827427

you can give it away. go to craigslist and post an ad, you'll be surprised how many people just want a free doggy. just PLEASE do go to their home and make sure they are real. some peopel give away their dogs not realizing they are being used as bait for dog fight trianing
>>
>>16832329
I've been through that discussion already. But goldfish have no memory, so it's not cruelty to them. They like literally only remember what happens seconds before.
>>
>>16832338
I've decided I'm going to try to sell it first. If not I know my cousin got a kid who might want to have a dog. If she havent changed her mind like kids do. So if the kid doesnt want it, I will just take it to a shelter or something.

But to the trolls in this thread, don't worry, I'm not going to euthanize it. I was just asking to assess my possibilities.
>>
>>16832353
You're the only troll here.
>>
>>16832360
I have actually shown great restraint and been polite to everyone, even though many people have written pretty nasty and mean things to me.
>>
>>16832365
Because you're a douche.
>>
>>16832377
You don't know anything about me, so stop being such a hater.
>>
>>16832386
Douche.
>>
>>16832365
you do a great job in the thread OP

sometimes I forget that is not /b/ here
>>
Everyone who has a soul in this thread:

Just report this guy for animal cruelty. Check the illegal conduct box.
>>
>>16832836
Dude, I am not guilty of any cruelty. I was merely seeking some advice.
>>
gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>16832365
that's actually true, so props for that
>>
OP here. I actually dont think a lot of you have been helpful, so I wont say thank you.

However, just as an update I think I've come to a solution. I talked with a guy who runs a kennel and he's interested in it for breeding. In excange he will give me a bassett puppy in return from his next litter. He says they are less prone to snooring and stomach problems.
>>
>>16833493
I'm still really hoping this is bait.

However, you should know that bassets are extremely prone to ear infections (which stink) and will need to be treated by a vet. Are you ready to deal with that?
>>
>>16833525
Well, the kennel guy was talking someting about wanting to crossbreed the pug with a beagle. Do you think the designer dog breed would suit my lifestyle better?
>>
>>16828935
It's basic psychopathy for people to react this strongly to forms of animal abuse. Sensible human beings will be capable of seeing where you're coming from. To answer your question, giving it away is a lot easier and saves money; if it's purebred you can sell him.
And next time you engage these scum, tell them if their lives aren't bettered by animals dying all the time. Sure, they'll claim that those animals are made for that purpose, meaning that as long as suffering was a decision made for the creature prior to its conception then it's suddenly A-OK! quo all the terrible shit that happens in farms and labs so we can get meat, make-up, medicine, clothes etc. which they must undoubtly benefit in one way or another. They, and not you, are the ones who are truly scum, and hypocrites to top it off.
>>
>>16833538
It would still be likely to snore. It would still shed TONS. With any dog its a gamble whether it will have gas problems, especially since you're not willing to try to figure out the cause of them.
>>
>>16833538
Why don't you get a hamster or something?
>>
>>16833559
Are you kidding, then he'd say it's too noisy at night when he's trying to get his beauty sleep.
>>
>>16828146
hey thats mine
>>
ITT: OP is a sociopath and nobody realizes that no amount of name calling is ever going to change him.

What OP should realize is that he should find the dog an actual fucking home, not a dog pound/shelter.
And never get a pet again because they're not toys whatsoever.
>>
>>16827427
>considers euthanizing his fucking dog
You're literally a sociopath and I hope the dog rips your nuts off in your sleep or something so that you never get the chance to pass on those sociopath i-kill-my-dog genes to your autistic offspring
>>
>>16833981
ffs read the thread, I'm not euthanizing it. I might sell it or trade it for a better breed.

>>16833558
ok, so what breed of dog do you think I should get?
>>
>>16833553
Also, thank you for the only sensible advise given in this thread.
>>
>>16834962
Get a cat.
>>
>>16827953
Top fucking kek
>>
>>16833493
I swear to God, this better be bait or I will find you, steal your pup and euthanize you. You are so horrible. I hope you end cursed for life with worse farts than your pug.
>>
>>16827427
OP just curious what country do you live in?
>>
>>16835154
Implying I would say what county I live in when psychos are out here threathening to kill me >>16835136
>>
>>16827953
Yeah, I'm thinking this is a troll post.
>>
>>16827539
It's just a dog dude. If you don't want it anymore then killing it is the logical thing to do.
>>
>>16832340
That's a myth. Look it up. And then jump off a bridge.
>>
>>16835830
Well, I cal bullshit on any research saying a creature with that small a brain can remember much. Also, fish don't feel pain. So suck a dick you retard.
>>
>>16836413
>implying brain size correlates to memory

Ravens can remember more than retarded humans
>>
On a sidenote, is it possible to declaw a puppy? I really don't like them scratching up the floors. I think a friend of mine told me it works well with cats, so I figured it's something that would work well with a dog too.
>>
>>16827427
if that is your dog and you live near massachusetts/new york, I will gladly take him
>>
>>16836773
Sorry, not quite my neck of the woods
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.