[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/, I decided to try online dating about a month ago and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: profile[0].png (233 KB, 542x619) Image search: [Google]
profile[0].png
233 KB, 542x619
Hey /adv/, I decided to try online dating about a month ago and I posted here for advice about my profile. Since then, I started trying a lot harder and now I wanna know what you think again.

I have 7 pics now, 2 of which are selfies at home and the rest are either outdoors or out with friends.

Any advice or criticism?

1/4
>>
Can you at least take a pic of yourself outdoors and with a different style of hair instead of lego combover. Act a bit dynamic in your pictures like you're actually taking a pic of yourself while out there and doing something.
>>
File: profile[3].jpg (26 KB, 251x584) Image search: [Google]
profile[3].jpg
26 KB, 251x584
>>16825841
I did that, I just thought I should use a normal bathroom selfie for my main picture like everyone else on the site

2/4
>>
>>16825841
This. Your combover is unattractive. You could be way more attractive if you had any idea what to do with your hair.
>>
>>16825846
You have chosen the worst picture of yourself for the main picture.
>like everyone else
You aren't trying to be 'everyone else'.
>>
>>16825848
>>16825841
uh ok, what should I do to it then
>>
File: profile[1].png (98 KB, 898x713) Image search: [Google]
profile[1].png
98 KB, 898x713
3/4
>>
>>16825851
Just be yourself
>>
>>16825838
I like it, particularly the last line. The only thing I would suggest is include a non-digital interest. I don't love the line about being a critical thinker/realist (what do you mean by realist? Philosophical realism? it is trite imo) but I don't have any suggestions and it isn't terrible.

Your pictures sound reasonable. Have you had any success?
>>
>>16825851
First of all smile instead if give a creepy stare at the camera. Second of all stop trying to matte your hair down. Give it volume, shape. The part itself isn't bad. Layer your hair.
>>
>>16825856
>high school choir

OP would have more luck on Grindr
>>
>>16825851
Your hair is fine, but if you want to change the style, go to a stylist.
>>
File: profile[2].png (29 KB, 531x313) Image search: [Google]
profile[2].png
29 KB, 531x313
>>16825856
I didn't get a single message for the first few weeks, but I only started trying harder about a week ago. I did finally get a message yesterday, but I messaged her back and she hasn't replied to that yet. She's kinda butt, too desu
>>
>>16825856
>I don't love the line about being a critical thinker/realist

I'm just trying to say I'm an intellectual and a skeptic, but every way I say it seems wrong. I guess I'll just have to omit that idea entirely. Thanks senpai
>>
Be specific. What do you do to be creative? An example or two that goes beyond the straight-forward descriptors would give more opportunity to connect to you.

Picture lower on the list--plaid shirt and vest? More fun than your bathroom selfie (as far as bathroom selfies...no no no no no).
>>
>>16825883
Hm, could you give examples instead of saying it outright? Like... maybe you enjoy discussing some intellectual topic, like life on other planets, but you also enjoy debating the best kind of pizza? That isn't amazing but maybe it will inspire another idea.
>>
One pic is totally enough! Don't ever tell to much about urself at beginning a blind date
>>
File: profile[4].png (41 KB, 538x528) Image search: [Google]
profile[4].png
41 KB, 538x528
>>16825896
>Picture lower on the list--plaid shirt and vest?
The only plaid I'm wearing in those is the green shirt fishing. Do you mean the last picture? The guy on the right is my roommate

Anyway, how's this?
>>
>22 years old
>when I was young I was an artist

>>16825883
>22 years old
>I'm an intellectual
>>
>>16825853
please tell me more about how you speak C++

That bottom line alone screams narcissist who thinks he knows everything or guy who is way too into coding to be fun.
>>
>>16825935
C++ was a joke, I thought it was pretty obvious.

And what bottom line, this?
>Planning to start my software development business (someday)

Is that really so threatening? I said someday, implying it might not even happen
>>
>>16825930
I love being creative. When I was younger I [painted], now I express my creativity through making software like websites and windows apps. On weekends I like to get together with friends and see a movie, hit the arcade, or watch a fun TV series together - [I just finished...] [I'm in the middle of...]. I love exploring and I've been around the world, but I also love fishing at [my local] beach.
-I sang [specific part] in high school
>>
File: reaction[39].gif (999 KB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
reaction[39].gif
999 KB, 245x175
>>16825934
I have a high IQ, my friends call me smart, waddya want from me
>>
>>16825853
> that music/movie/tv taste

*cringe*
>>
>>16825957

My friend who's got his Pharm.D and is going back for his MD is one of the smartest people I know. He's also one of the most ignorant and least intellectual I know.
>>
>>16825973
>>16825952
Different people have different tastes. Diversity keeps things interesting. None of us are going to date him, but let's help our li'l bro present his best self for some nice young lady who thinks he is cool.
>>
>>16825980
>smartest
>least intellectual
pick one

Also what's your point?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.