[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>cruelty free should I be vegan? Persuade me either to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: ss+(2016-02-18+at+09.10.11).png (104 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-18+at+09.10.11).png
104 KB, 241x230
>cruelty free

should I be vegan?

Persuade me either to be a vegan or to continue eating meat

what's wrong with eating animals?
>>
eating animals is the best kind of eating. Just don't eat too many animals especially red meated type ones Nothing is wrong with eating. They live for you to eat them. Holy shit I just realized how fucking crazy it is that we eat living beings. Fuck it im not quitting my inherited cave man instincts meat gooooood.
>>
>>16825073

>i love nature
>not realising that eating animals is part of the beauty of nature and not doing so for moral reasons is actually unnatural
>>
I would only go vegan if it I'm dating a vegan to be honest.

>>16825125
Can humans be considered part of nature? People often make a distinction between man made stuff and natural stuff it makes me think of humans as something outside nature, with nature being just the back stage, something we can watch from afar and try to damage as little as possible.
>>
>we eat animals
>they grow up on farms

>we return all animals to the wild
>they get killed very very slowly by predators to keep their meat as fresh as possible

What are vegans planning to do with the over1bn cows who aren't adapted to wild life?
>>
File: 1443132799397.png (348 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
1443132799397.png
348 KB, 449x401
>>16825073
>not fulfilling your evolutionary purpose
>>
>>16825135
>Can humans be considered part of nature?
Just because we evolved enough to shit on everything and everyone doesn't mean we aren't the product of the environment we now govern with impunity.
>>
>>16825155
why do you think they call it human NATURE... der... get a load of this guy lmao. Of course we a part of nature doy....
>>
>>16825166
well maybe "human nature" is just another oxymoron people say so much it became accepted
>>
File: 20151225_131048_resized.jpg (4 MB, 2241x3984) Image search: [Google]
20151225_131048_resized.jpg
4 MB, 2241x3984
>>16825135
I dated a vegetarian and she converted me a few months into the relationship. After two years though I got her to start eating meat. Started with fish then chicken/turkey then finally delicious red meat. In retrospect I think we both regretted not eating meat and life was much better for both of us after not being vegetarians.

Hey OP. Keep eating meat. I'm firing up the grill later tonight. Got a 20 oz. top sirloin and some more of those delicious poppers. Pic related.
>>
Eating animals is wrong because you can choose to not eat them and still be healthy, eating meat only causes suffering (and environmental damage) just for some minutes of pleasure.

I think it would be ok to eat animals if farms were like they were before, it would be super nice if humans still hunted to survive... unfortunately our population is too large and we have to do what we do to animals to eat meat and I think it is selfish to eat meat because we don't need it, it's super easy to buy vegetables at the supermarket (cavemen didn't have supermarkets)

>>16825141
lmao, because every single person is going to go vegan in 1 day... if people start reducing their meat consumption farmers aren't going to impregnate as many cows as they do now so less cows are born every time until the cow population is small, nobody is going to return the animals to the wild.
>>
>>16825073
if it's only from a CRUELTY perspective then you should stop eating animals for your personal integrity. (no, animals won't stop being ruthlessly murdered but at least you won't be part of that system)

Alternatively, if it's for health reasons the Okinawan diet and the Mediterranean diet are scientifically proven to be superior to a majority of other lifestyles.
>>
>>16825173
>Eating animals is wrong because you can choose to not eat them and still be healthy,
Not according to quite a few nutritionists, no. Not everybody thinks soy products & beans are all that good for you.

I was a vegetarian for seven years and don't regret it, but I'm not going to claim it was the healthiest choice I could have made.
>>
eat meat but dont over do it
theres plenty of protein thats not meat
>>
>>16825169
yea i was only picking i hope you caught my sarcasm
>>
>>16825151
>Implying evolution has a purpose
Idiot.
>>
I think both that "life eats life" AND that the great goal of all life is the protection and continuation of life.

Do it in moderation, then.
>>
>>16825182
You don't have to eat soy and beans to live as a vegan, and I'm not saying all vegan lifestyles are healthy. You can be healthy or unhealthy as a vegan, you can be healthy or unhealthy as an omnivore too but as an omnivore you cause more pain.
>>
go ahead and be a vegan you giant faggot

reality is what it is. i dont give a fuck if the cow was tortured for hours it still taste like beef
>>
>>16825206
You should care...

Animals that are stressed out and tortured don't taste as good. I mean I want my beef to be the best quality possible. It's why Kobe beef from Japan tastes so good. They pamper the hell out of those cows.
>>
>>16825224
That's why more people should be vegan, if more people become vegan mass production of meat decreases and quality of the meat increases price increases too and everyone's happy because cows suffer less and meat is better.
>>
>>16825238
hmm thats actually solid advice
go vegan OP
>>
>>16825125
Sitting and pissing in a bush is also natural yet we don't see everyone running around like cavemen do we
>>
Meat farms are pretty much the cause of world hunger. If we stopped stuffing our 'food' and instead gave the food to dying children world hunger wouldn't be a problem.

And eating meat shouldn't be totally banned or whatever it just doesn't have to be in every single meal we eat. Kind of like ice cream, you eat it once in a while but you don't literally live of it.
>>
>>16825073
If you really want to be a vegan and do it properly then you need to remember than you have to stop buying all animal products, not just food! This includes things like leather jackets and shoes obviously but also many cosmetics and bath products...
My advice: be a conscientious meat eater!
- cut down on meat consumption
- use tofu or quorn instead of meat some days
- buy your meat from a butcher and not a supermarket
>>
>>16825294
I think it's better to be a vegan (not a super strict vegan) because the message is stronger and spreads better, but reducing animal products consumption is better than not caring.
>>
>>16825276
I don't give a fuck if someone's quality of life is worse than mine... Not my problem.
>>
>>16825313
Wow those meat eaters are so nice aren't they?
>>
>>16825330
I think it's ok, at least he's not a hypocrite. I'm a vegan but I really hate when someone say's they hate when someone hits some dogs/cats and they cause more suffering when paying for meat.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.