[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or does it seem to be a Hell of a lot easier to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: CLwczpOUMAAsT-_.jpg (10 KB, 229x250) Image search: [Google]
CLwczpOUMAAsT-_.jpg
10 KB, 229x250
Is it just me or does it seem to be a Hell of a lot easier to be a girl?
>>
Just you.

I, for one, am glad I don't bleed guts once a month and have to look forward to getting my vagina basically ripped in half for like two hours while I give birth. Plus I like being able to do shit at night while i'm alone.
>>
Sure, it may SEEM like the grass is greener. The fact is, different people struggle with different things, and some of them may be related to gender, and some of them may not. You can't just generalise and say "it's easier being a girl", because not every girl experiences life the same way. Even if we are generalising, men have a harder time in some things, and women have a harder time in other things. It's comparing apples to oranges, you really can't say one is better or easier than the other, and you're a fuckwit if you think you can.
>>
>>16823590
But no girls are socially autistic and if they really wanted they could marry rich and never work.
>>
>>16823593
A girl who does that isn't taken seriously or respected by her peers, and she's called a gold digger or manipulative bitch for doing so. A girl could do that, sure, but she'd lose credibility and integrity.
>>
>>16823593
>But no girls are socially autistic and if they really wanted they could marry rich and never work.

kek.

Seriously? You're saying that on 4chan on /adv/ of all places? Please. All you have to do scroll down the catalog to see all the autistic girls.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/19/us/19marriage.html?_r=0
>More Men Marrying Wealthier Women
>>
>>16823588
As a girl studying engineering, I sometimes wish I was a guy so that my peers would take me more seriously and actually listen to me.
>>
>>16823606
>Goes into a field filled with men who haven't been treated well by women their whole lives
>Expects to be treated equally
While I agree that you should be frustrated with the situation you had to have seen it coming.
>>
>>16823588
I suppose if a girl has a problem relating to mental health there's always someone to talk to where's it takes a bunch of school shootings to acknowledge males are human beings rather than vilified monsters.
>>
>>16823617
You make it sound like it's women's fault that men aren't as socially inclined as women and you make it sound like it's women's fault that it's not socially acceptable for men to express emotion. Is this what you're implying?
>>
>>16823615
Not her, but how attitudes towards women in male-dominated fields are not going to change just because women avoid them. It's not her fault that men don't know how to act around women.
>>
File: MalePrivilege-Copy.jpg (35 KB, 500x262) Image search: [Google]
MalePrivilege-Copy.jpg
35 KB, 500x262
What's this "Male Privilege" all the Western Civilization hating good goyim women are talking about?
>>
>>16823621
Males act that way because that's what women expect of them.
>>
>>16823621
No it's societies fault for not supporting men and actually blaming them for accepting help. No one is born a good socializer but if you make it a performance exercise and blame men for practicing and making mistakes, they will only become avoidant and bitter.
>>
>>16823628
Men don't confide in other people, including other men, because women expect it of them. Right.
>>
>>16823633
Yeah.
>>
>>16823630
What do you expect society to do? There are plenty of opportunities to make friends and social connections throughout your life. You can't blame society if you don't take those opportunities.
>>
>>16823588
It probably isn't any easier than being a bloke, just different. It's human nature that we focus on the hard stuff in our own lives and only see the sweet parts of everyone else's.

I'm a foreman for a fairly large carpentry firm. I've got a couple of 18 year old labourers, sometimes I look at them and think "I wish someone would pay me 15 grand a year to lean on a broom all day, doing nothing but talk and play with my phone". They probably look at me and think "I wish someone would pay me as much as he gets just to walk round telling everyone what to do instead of actually working", just like I sometimes look at my managers and think "I wish I got to sit in a comfy chair in a warm office talking on the phone all day".

It's kinda the same thing with men and women. Sure, it'd be nice if people would carry heavy things for me or buy me a drink without asking, but when I get up in the morning I just throw on the same dirty trousers I've been wearing all week, pick the t shirt with the least holes in it, jump in my van and go to work. There's no worrying about how to style my hair, or whether the outfit I want to wear matches the colour of my nails, if my makeup will look like I'm trying to copy my boss, none of that crap. To me, it seems like a fair trade off.
>>
>>16823638
This is what I was talking about, there is disproportionately less opportunities for men and society gives them disproportionately less room for error. This is why less men are socially adept than women.
>>
>>16823646
Tell me how there are disproportionately fewer opportunities for men than women. Are boys individually quarantined at schools? Are they not allowed to join clubs and groups like Boy Scouts? Are there no sporting groups they can join? Are they actively prevented from making friends?
>>
Being a person is hard and this thing where both genders think the other one has it easier isn't helping anyone
>>
It's just you. Now go back to /r9k/.
>>
>>16823654
Society is much more tolerant of social awkwardness from girls than boys. If a girl is socially awkward, she's cute and let's help her. If a guy is socially awkward he's a creeper and get away from me, thus the less opportunities. Once people close up and judge you, you have a very hard time turning that around with limited social skills.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.