[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age is dating 18 year olds unacceptable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 2.jpg (49 KB, 600x587) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
49 KB, 600x587
I'm a 19 year old guy and I'm really picky about who I'm willing to date so it's going to take me a while before I find someone who fits what I want in a girl and likes me back. At what age does it start to be too old to date younger girls?
>>
>>16818995
You're the kind of guy that shoves curling irons up his ass aren't you
>>
>>16819011
No, but I'm curious where you got an idea like that from.
>>
Being picky is dumb for a guy. And you're going to say "nuh uh" but I'll tell you why anyways.

#1 You barely get to choose who you're attracted to. It doesn't follow through the logic part of your brain. Women can kinda choose if they have a gaggle of boys they drag along, sometimes they can choose the best one for them. But you don't have that opportunity because you're purposely sabotaging your own dating pool for some reason...

#2 Even if you find the "perfect girl" she may not even be attracted to you and you're going to pour your entire soul trying to get her. You'll be crushed and it won't even be her fault; it'll be yours.

You play the numbers game so you /can/ be picky by making opportunities for yourself. By the way you're being picky is just cowardice because you're afraid to make those opportunities.
>>
>>16818995
As you get older, age difference matters less, I'd say right now you can shoot down to 15 y/o, the issue is when the gap is larger than 10 years
>>
>>16819040
Nuh uh.
>>16819044
I don't want to risk 15, things could turn out ugly if she makes any accusations considering the age of consent.
>>
>>16819044
And I'm also pretty specific regarding who I want to end up with, luckily I can afford it.

Everyone else who says being picky is stupid is either a thirsty dude or a fat/undesirable woman
>>
>>16819057
You can be in a sex-less relationship, well depends, one of my requirements is that she doesn't hand herself out without a compromise or fairly long relationship
>>
>>16819066
That's not the problem, I definitely wouldn't fuck her but she could still lie and say I did if we were already close. Young girls can be crazy sometimes. I'd rather just wait it out. I would never rush into that sort of thing though.
>>
>>16819057
It gets weird to date 18 year olds when you're like 24 or 25.
>>
>>16819078
Well I don't have to deal with that since no one cares about age that much around here as long as it's not extreme, don't even know if there's laws regarding that
>>
>>16819057
Don't fucking be THAT loser that dates fucking highschoolers in his 20s.
>>
Why the fuck would you WANT to date an 18 year old? It's fine when you're within a year or two, but teenagers are fucking stupid.
>>
>>16818995
Half your age plus 8.
>>
>>16818995
If you are a guy any age is acceptable
>>
>>16819084
Yeah if you're like in your mid twenties you've usually matured enough to feel that most people in their late teens still act like children. Sure it's fairly natural to get sexually attracted to people in their late teens but once you actually talk to them you'll often notice how immature they can still be.

Not to mention that the hassle you might get to with her/his parents is more trouble than it's worth. She or he might also just be looking for a quick Sugar Daddy or Sugar Mama to feed them while they finish school and later on just replace you after maturing up.

People usually need to reach the point of independence and self-sustainability to truly grow up, it's not something you can easily achieve by just living off your parents possibly in their basement without a proper job.
>>
If she is a consenting adult, she is fair game
>>
>>16818995
depends. i dated 15 yo girl when i was 20. fun times as i recall
>>
I'm 28 and will casually date an 18-year-old here and there. Like sex and privately hanging out, sometimes dinner in a public place. I'd never seriously date one, though. They're still very immature and these relationships never last long, nor would I want them to. Handle with kid gloves and make sure she's comfortable with the situation.
>>
I dated a 25 yo when i was 16. and a 18 yo when i was 15. Like those older men! Nothing wrong with age difference if both are happy about it.
>>
>>16818995
As you get older, and if you continually improve your life, you will no longer find 18 years olds attractive beyond physical (if at all)

I'm 30...wouldnt never even think about dating a woman younger than 27ish
>>
>>16818995
you'll know you're too old when you can't stand a conversation with one of them. that's when you know you'll have to switch to post-snowflake(>21y/o) girls.
>>
>>16820824
Just because you say things doesn't mean they are true.

Think for a second: what could POSSIBLY be wrong in that situation? I'm on the side of lowering the age of consent to 16, don't get me wrong, but you can't find anything wrong with dating men so much older when you aren't even close to finishing high school?

Legally, it's wrong for one. So to say nothing wrong with it just shows how clouded and useless your advice is. There are very clearly things wrong with it.
>>
>>16820848
This

Listening to a typical 18 year old girl speak, regardless of how attractive they are physically, is like the anti-boner now.
>>
File: 20160111_000325.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160111_000325.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>16819040
This guy is right. Every girl is a potential mate.

I'm 31 and have been dating a 17 year old for like 9 months. 16 is legal in Canada. You're only limited by the law bro
>>
>>16819040
>have no standards, take any girl you can because you don't get too many chances
Great advice, anon, but not all men are poor, ugly and dumb.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455548129890.jpg (24 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455548129890.jpg
24 KB, 480x480
>>16821068
Most women are crazy, have vaginas, and will date you for all the wrong reasons. The sooner you accept it, the better
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.