[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't girls ever passionate in fighting/taking the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
Why aren't girls ever passionate in fighting/taking the lover they want?

You see guys kill each other over girls sometimes. Do horrible things to get her. Even if it makes the girl hate them, there are men who will go as far as to make sure no one else can have her if he can't.

You never really hear about this or see it happen. The only times it's even portrayed in media isn't to get the guy, but to ruin it for some other woman.

Thoughts?
>>
women have inherent value, so they don't need to fight with anyone else to gain anything (although as you point out, they do like ruining rivals). Men, at a starting point are literally valueless, so sometimes you see risky behavior as a result because there's nothing to lose.
>>
>tfw you will never have a crazy qt sing this about you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uINqPnR1BNw
>>
>>16815167
Half the time you see someone fighting a girl to "ruin" it for her? It's the same as a guy fighting for a girl, it's just a different way of doing it. Doing either one of these is dumb to me though, so I could give less of a shit.
>>
>>16815167
Because they have a larger dating pool to chose from.

If a guy they like doesn't like them back they've got 3 or more guys that are interested in them that they don't have to work half as much to obtain.

Whereas we don't.
>>
Women have choice, they have the monopoly on dating. Men are disposable.
>>
>>16815235
>>16815227
I get that, but surely there are women who see something they want and go for it, right?
>>
>>16815246
We women are smart, and know that if you don't love someone, you don't love someone, and no amount of "fighting for it" will change that
>>
Because women who pursue a man like that aren't considered "passionate". They're considered crazy.

Women in our society are constantly taught not to pursue a man too hard, or he'll lose interest.
>>
>>16815251
but how do you know he wouldn't love you? He's never had an opportunity to try. Imagine how happy you would be with him.

By that same logic if someone else got the promotion at work I guess you just quit altogether and go to a different career?
>>
>>16815251
>We women are smart
Nah, we don't deserve that much credit. I've had a few acquaintances go crazy over guys that didn't want them and try to destroy the lives of those around them. I've personally never been that way though. If someone doesn't want to give me the time of day, or value my love and devotion, then I quickly move on to someone that will. I think a lot of these crazy "I have to fight for love!" people are just mentally ill.
>>
>>16815167
>work in retail
>female coworker
>she keeps to herself but is fun to talk to, very sweet
>other coworker has been after her for over a year
>has tried every trick in the book to fuck her
>she's told him no
>a few months ago she got a boyfriend
>she's fairly happy
>guy is still fighting for her
>has resorted to shit talking her boyfriend and trying to plant doubt in her head about him
the only time you see girls doing this is in fiction. i also feel like guys have an underlying love of competition that can fuel that.
>>
>>16815270
>but how do you know he wouldn't love you? He's never had an opportunity to try. Imagine how happy you would be with him.
Different anon here to answer.

Love isn't something you fight for. If it's there, and it's appropriate, it's given freely. I have a lot of people in my life that I care for, but only a select few that I actually love. It's not something you can help.
>>
>>16815270
Maybe that happens in novels, but in real life, if a guy prefers another woman, it's a done deal. It's over for you
>>
girls do that to some extent.
I've heard of girls false-claiming rape on guys who rejected them, and I have people who I know who have started tumors that certain guys are gay or asexual (trying to excuse why he rejected her).

Also the whole "if I can't have her no one can" is not like an admirable "male devotion trait"- it's a crazy vengeful perspective that leads to women getting burned alive or doused in acid.
There are women who are that crazy, but the objects of their affection are rarely men, and if they are men it's usually male celebrities (like that Stephen King movie)
>>
Girls aren't as passionate as men, in general.

Not saying there aren't driven girls, but most are pretty content with whatever so long as they aren't in poverty or diabetic.

For every Amelia Earhart, there were 10 Frederick Cook's
>>
>>16815167
Because fighting over anyone is stupid. Either someone wants you or they don't. Why fight over someone that MAKES you fight?
>>16815251
This the best explanation.
>>16815272
>>16815309
The women who do these things aren't passionate but crazy.
>>
>>16815302
Love takes work to nurture and grow. The only thing that comes naturally is attraction, lust.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>16815316
Women should be exterminated
>>
That feeling of "if I can't have it, no one can" is almost always directed at an object. children do this all the time when they fight over a toy or candy- they'll break what's being fought over just so the other person cannot enjoy it.
When men believe that the woman is something to be possessed, like an object, they are more likely to hurt her out of spite in this childish manner. That is why such forms of cruelty are more common in countries that do not object to the objectification of women.

Women do not objectify men as often, so this behavior isn't as common from a woman being directed at a man. Women exhibit this behavior towards other things that they view as objects.
>>
>>16815324
>Love takes work to nurture and grow.
There are different types of love. Romantic love can be something that grows, but only if other things are present (like mutual attraction, friendship, etc.). Most people can tell early on whether or not it will happen and how things will end up.
>>
Because women are the ones that pick
>>
>>16815316
It's crazy when it comes from men, too.
A woman who doesn't return a mans love does not want her to go to great lengths to meddle in her personal life to "prove his love". It is annoying and creepy unless she secretly likes him back and there's something keeping her from dating him.

The men see it as passion, but externally it's viewed as stalkerish.
Woman see it as passionate when they do it, too. the individual has convinced themself that it is passion out of delusion in order to justify their actions, but in both cases it is inappropriate.
>>
>>16815326
Why?
>>
>>16815376
They can't think rationally or logically
>>
>>16815167
clearly you havent been with a crazy chick yet
you will see
>>
>>16815394
Apparently neither do you
>>
>>16815413
Nice argument

You can join them in the gas chambers
>>
>>16815167
cause girls like to be chased they like the guy to take the initiative.
also women have a primal instinct to select the best male to breed with. they will settle for someone but if another chases her she will be tempted. they are not fighters it is not in their nature to rock the boat.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.