[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Releasing information on a sexual assailant?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: 1423598236557__1_.jpg (13 KB, 320x319) Image search: [Google]
1423598236557__1_.jpg
13 KB, 320x319
I know information about a guy who sexually assaulted his female cousin. What should I do with it? Should I report it to the police, or just let the internet do some justice to him?
>>
>>16814671
Go to the police so they can gather facts and resolve it at least somewhat objectively. We're not going to play executioner just because you've already decided to play judge and jury.
>>
Police
>>
>>16814671
Come on, son. Go to the police.
>>
You don't even have to it in person. You can just drop it off at local dp with a note saying "fuck this asshole" or something like this. Turn it in in person and you'll be questioned. Anyone else, is it illegal to drop info on the cops anonymously?
>>
What would happen if I posted his information online as well? This asshole really deserves to get fucked over, as he raped his 12 year old cousin when he was 16.
>>
>>16815533
You don't want to do that. You want to let the police do their thing and do nothing to interfere with their investigation. After the police have done everything they can, put him in prison or not, then you can post the info online, but not before.
>>
You'd probably get hit with a defamation, slander and libel charge.
>>
>>16815899
Wouldn't the guy have to prove it's not true then?
>>
>>16815533
You passive aggressive shit, let it go after contacting police. We're NYPA.

>>16816037
>I made a serious allegation about someone
>it's their job to prove I'm wrong
You should work for YouTube with that attitude.
>>
>>16816103
The guy actually admitted to doing it, but the family is not doing shit about it, and that's illegal in the state I live in (a minor has to have things like this reported to the police, especially if a parent or guardian knows about it). And I know you guys aren't my personal army, but this is more of a justice thing, not being ass mad about shit.
>>
Perufag here.

Are you really, really fucking sure the guy raped her? Based in what accounts? Do you have more testimony other than the one from the suposed victim?

I ask because I was in a similar situation before.
>>
>>16816590
Yes I'm sure. He admitted to doing it, and I also have the entire story from the girl in text. He is definitely guilty.
>>
You going to ruin the case if you don't go to the police first
>>
>>16814683
this.

Get off the power trip.
>>
>>16816037
In cases of slander and defamation the onus is on the person who makes the claims to prove they're true.
>>
>>16817368
Do you have recorded media of him admitting to the crime? Also, just because this girl said that he did doesn't mean that you'll be able to prove that he did. Rape is incredibly difficult to prove because of how easy it is to lie about it and make up facts without any evidence. All you're gonna do is get the cops to harass him a bit. Get off your fucking high horse.
>>
>>16817691
If I was on a high horse, I would have humiliated the guy by sending messages to all his friends and families and shit. I have thought about it, that's for sure.
>>
>>16818346
So you would have made baseless claims and looked like a butthurt nut job? Yeah that would have gone over real well when you get slapped with that slander lawsuit or get hit with a harassment charge if you continuously message people.

All in all, fuck you.
>>
>>16818365
As I've said, I have pictures of texts the victim has sent me describing the events, and there were many witnesses there when the assailant admitted to the crime. Considering that it's impossible to voice thoughts about events because of assholes like you, and to overthink the fact I thought about something, even though the full legal consequences were already spelled out earlier in this thread, means you can fuck off.

All in all, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>16818760
Not OP, just let the cops do their job.
>>
>>16818760
Wow. Screenshots of texts that the victim sent you!! No way! That totally means he's guilty just because someone texted you about it! Please don't ever be a lawyer or you're gonna get a lot of your defendants locked up since you're dumber than a box of rocks.

Also, kill yourself :)
>>
>>16818760
You're just not going to drop this and let this pointless thread die, are you? I don't like doing this, but you're already breaking global rule 4 by asking people to raid this other guy. It'll only get worse if you actually post information.

If you keep pressing this issue, you're going to have an even more bad (and short) time on 4chan. I'll do my part to make sure of it.
>>
>implying the internet even cares
Go to the police if it matters that much to you, but have some real evidence.
>>
>>16818906
You forget that when it comes to rape, it's "guilty until proven innocent"
>>
>>16819007
You got me there senpai. That's why you always get a signed contract, check to make sure she has a legit ID, and make her use a breathalyzer before you give her a poke.
>>
>>16818898
>implying I'd post the information here
>implying I'd let some of you sick fucks ruin the victim's life
>implying I'll let this thread die

But in all seriousness, I'll file a anonymous police report tomorrow.
>>
>>16819099
>all that damage-control
Yeah, you realized no one was on your side and you're trying to play it off like we're the bad guys. But hey, at least you finally took the going to the police advice.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.