[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
my family makes me want to commit what should I do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 1452473013008.jpg (405 KB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
1452473013008.jpg
405 KB, 2272x1704
my family makes me want to commit
what should I do?
>>
I'm too emotionally attached to my parents but they have been verbally and emotionally abusive for most of my life and my dad threatened to kill me with him once.
>>
Commit to what
>>
>>16814088
>my dad threatened to kill me with him once.

And you didn't immediately pick a knife and kill your dad?

Seriously, people, did you not learn fucking ANYTHING from Buddhism? If you meet your father, kill your father. If you meet the Buddha, kill the Buddha.

And no, I am NOT joking.
Fucking hell.
>>
>>16814113
dont do this. why? jail. >>16814076
what you should do is get a good job and move out. obviously this may require going to university. in the mean time become as independent as you possible can.
>>
>>16814113
I don't think that's what Buddha meant. He meant, that if you meet someone, destroy your preconception of that person, and let that person develop in your mind as they truly are.
EX: If I meet OP, throw away my preconception that OP is a fag and let OP prove he is a fag to me naturally.
>>
That's nice.
Live your own life, bruh.
>>
>>16814134
That's just a mere interpretation of these words. I take the literal stance on it. And the literal stance is "Kill your fucking father and kill the Buddha".

And if you'd go to jail for it, you simply run away.

Buddha meant that we are supposed to live life free and unbound. Read Saiyuki for more informations.
>>
>>16814134
Underrated
>>
>>16814177
>basing religious interpretation on a fucking manga

kill yourself
>>
>>16814177
>Buddha meant that
Buddha never uttered those words, koans are glorified shitposting. Furthermore, "free and unbound" means "not tied to your primal instincts", which is violence. So killing your father because you want to kill him is failing to understand the very basis of buddhism
>>
>>16814213
My interpretation is as good as everyone else's. That's the fucking point of an interpretation, you retard.
>>
>>16814221
No, it means "unbound by social constructs".
If you don't like mangas, read Nietzsche if you feel better about that one.
>>
>>16814231
This shows you don't think you know what you're posting about
>>
>>16814231
Nietzsche isn't buddhism you fagtron
>>16814224
Of course not, there are retarded interpretations that make no sense and that you shouldn't talk about.
>>
>>16814236
Of course it is. Now kill yourself.
>>
>>16814243
"buh, but I never met muhself so why to kill muhself?!"
>>
>>16814243
the fuck. have you ever read any nietzche? his philosophy is the complete opposite of buddhism. this has got to be bait or you are an edge master
>>
>>16814254
I read both and they are the same.
>>
>>16814256
what nietzche books have you read?
>>
>>16814265
Geburt der Tragödie
Jenseits von Gut und Böse
Über Wahrheit und Lüge im außermoralischen Sinne
Menschliches, Allzumenschliches
Also sprach Zarathustra

All in German
>>
>>16814076
I'd commit to wrecking the girl in OPs pic with my dick. Damn, them titties. All fucking day, friend.
>>
>>16814177
>Buddha meant that we are supposed to live life free and unbound. Read Saiyuki for more informations.
Getting your information about Buddhism from manga is generally not a good idea. Osami Tezuka's "Buddha" is a notable exception to this rule, as a very good treatment of the subject. Gensomaden Saiyuki is... well... not. It's a very entertaining read, but not a relilgious treatise.
>>
>>16814254
The complete opposite? No. Neitzsche -almost- endorsed buddhism, he says it's the most honest religion there is, because it acknowledges pain and teaches you how to cope with it, rather than denying it exists and shaking a finger at you.

Anyway, OP, family can suck sometimes, but if they're good they'll always have your back.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.