[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't know how to car accident
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 11c-400x400.gif (71 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
11c-400x400.gif
71 KB, 400x400
I was in an accident about two weeks ago. I was driving down my lane and the drive on the other lane coming opposite of my direction turned left into my lane and I hit him. The police were called and the officer said that the other driver was at fault. I, on the other hand, received a ticket for not having a licence and for not having insurance on me (I do have insurance, I just didn't have the paper to prove it).

I got off the phone a little while ago with the other driver's insurance company. They told me they weren't going to accept liability because I wasn't supposed to be driving in the first place because I didn't have a license.

So my question is, should I lawyer up and try to get my insurance money? Or should I just forget about the whole thing, cut my losses, accept liability and move on?
>>
>>16813725
In my country if you dont have a license you are doing a criminal and you are not insurenced at all

why the fuck do you even think that its ok to drive without a license you fucking retard?

You do mean you do not own a license right? or do you mean something retarded like not carrying a license at the time?

you are lucky you arent in jail if you drive without owning a license and making a accident
>>
>>16813742
Answer the question. I don't care what country you live in.
>>
>>16813725
It depends on how much the repairs would cost you vs how much hiring a lawyer would cost you. Most lawyers will give you a free consultation so I'd at least meet with one and see if he thinks he can win and how much it would cost.
>>
Depends on how much damage you'd be looking at paying for.
>>
>>16813725
To clarify, you do have a license, you just didn't have it on you?

If you don't have a license at all and were driving I wouldn't even bother meeting a lawyer for a free consultation.
>>
Why do you not have a fucking license. Like wtf go get one
>>
File: 20160204_122119.jpg (186 KB, 1094x1944) Image search: [Google]
20160204_122119.jpg
186 KB, 1094x1944
>>16813775
>>16813778
Thanks. My truck is dead, I think, but I bought it off my uncle for only $1500. So I'm really not sure what to do. I mean, what exactly comes out of my pocket and what would come from my insurance?

I'm 18 so I really don't have a clue as to how this works or how it will go down.
>>
>>16813796
No, no I don't have a licence
>>
>>16813806
I don't know. I never felt the urgency to get one. My mistake..
>>
>>16813814
>>16813820
The fact that you don't have a licence probably means that your own insurance company won't cover you, let alone theirs. You're going to have to eat the cost. Why the fuck are you driving without a licence anyway? Who in the world has insurance but not licence?
>>
>>16813824
>>16813820
You're actually retarded. Be glad you didn't didn't get arrested.

Go get your license you fucking moron and cut your losses. Your insurance isn't going to cover shit even if the other people admit fault since you don't have a license. They can't insure you to drive a car if you don't have a license. They can only give you insurance if you're NOT driving the car or you're paying for a licensed driver.

Also your car is probably totaled, the damage looks like more than the car is worth.

I seriously have trouble believing how stupid you are at 18.
>>
>>16813841
>Texas license plate
It's all becoming clear now.
>>
>>16813827
So it doesn't make a difference at all wether or not the the accident was my fault?

Because I'm a silly goose. I just didn't feel like I needed one to drive, ok? Yeah I know the law and stuff but the people I'm around me so regularly drive without a license that it made feel less important and more like, "yeah I'll get one when I feel like it." But I get it now. I fucked up.

Now I gotta pay for it and I accept that.
>>
>>16813854
>I just didn't feel like I needed one to drive, ok?
>I didn't feel like I needed a drivers licence to drive legally
>I didn't feel like I needed to follow the law that is in place to keep people safe
Jesus Christ. Seriously, stay off the roads because no one needs people like you on the roads.
>>
>>16813862
Hahahaahahh

Wow

So you needed a licence to get around, huh? You'd rather walk to everywhere and take shitty metro because feel like you need a piece of plastic to tell you can use a car? Come on. Do you want me to get a license to ride a bike? Do I need the state's permission for that too? Do I need to take some government course for that?

It was the guy WITH the licence that said fuck being a smart safe driver, I'm gonna turn left no matter how much traffic there is.
>>
>>16813854
>>16813876
This has got to be a troll
>>
>>16813880
Answer me buddy please
>>
File: navy-officers-fuck-yeah.jpg (20 KB, 380x253) Image search: [Google]
navy-officers-fuck-yeah.jpg
20 KB, 380x253
>>16813854
> Now I gotta pay for it and I accept that.
Don't be surprised when the other insurance company comes after you for the entire value of the other guy's car.

You piss on the law, and the law doesn't have your back. The insurance company can not only charge you, they can attach liens to any assets you have - bank accounts, paychecks, car loans, student loans, cars, right down to your underwear if they want it.

If you live with your parents, they are financially responsible as well. The insurance company can attach a lien on your father's house, and make your momma homeless. And there's nothing any lawyer can do about it. By driving without a license, you just bent over for the professionals to fuck you as hard as they want.

The ONLY way you can get out of this is if you disappear. Join the Navy.
>>
>>16813933
I'm gonna pay for it and I accept that.

I've been doing some googling. From what I've read, driving without a license is completely separate from the accident itself. Can anybody tell me if there's any validity to that?
>>
>>16814060
It's a completely different offence, obviously
>>
>>16814062
But I meant that not having a license does not affect the who's liable for the accident.

I also just heard from a lawyer. He said that the other driver's insurance company is liable and that them saying they weren't liable because I don't have a licence is a lie.
>>
>>16813725

If you don't have a licence, and since you don't, you're completely at fault even if the guy crashed into you and you had multiple witnesses to testify on your behalf.

/thread
>>
>>16814118
>But I meant that not having a license does not affect the who's liable for the accident.
No, it doesn't. I said it's a completely different offence.

>He said that the other driver's insurance company is liable and that them saying they weren't liable because I don't have a licence is a lie
What sort of lawyer did you talk to? Because the insurance company isn't 'liable' - liable means that someone is legally responsible, which they're not. It'd either be you or the other driver who are legally responsible for the accident. No lawyer would make a mistake like that. Also, even if they do cover it regardless of the fact that you don't have a licence, they can still come after you to recover their costs. No insurance company likes to have to pay out and they'd be willing to come after you for this.
>>
>>16814118
That's right! They are still liable for your losses. You already were fined for driving without a license, that's the police's matter, not the insurance company's one. The insurance company knows you're only 18 and inexperienced and tried to scare you off. You definitely have a stronger case than they have! They might even settle before you actually go to court. So go for it, anon. This is coming from a law student.
>>
>>16814245
Either I'm terrible at picking up on sarcasm, or you're a shitty law student
>>
>>16814324
Whatever mate. At 18, I had my driver's licence like a fucking grown-up.
>>
>>16814245
Yeah I can't tell if your just fucking with me or not
>>
>>16814830
that's cool dude
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.