[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you download music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 1451221395518.jpg (25 KB, 390x478) Image search: [Google]
1451221395518.jpg
25 KB, 390x478
This is probably a dumb question, but how do you download music from youtube without the video?
>>
Youtube to mp3
Google it and the first result should be fine
>>
>>16813218
I think it was with one of those things that came with Atube catcher, which downloads vids from youtube. MP3 something or other it was called.

It did the job just fine. Sorry I can't remember them off the top of my head.
>>
Google is your friend
>>
File: IMG_20160216_144708.jpg (467 KB, 1024x1537) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_144708.jpg
467 KB, 1024x1537
>>16813218
I'm not kidding dude download a program called 4k Video Downloader. It's the absolute best one I ever used. You can pick between audio or video and the quality options are the best. You can even download playlists.
>>
>>16813219
Hahaha

>>16814025
Hahahahah

God, we got some retards here.

Lemme tell you something, OP. Youtube uses AAC as audio codec, which is lossy. MP3 is also lossy. So, if you are going to convert it to MP3, you are degrading the audio quality.

What you want is to separate the video from the audio and then dump the video. For that, unfortunately, you'll have to download the entire video once.

There is a CMD program out there called ffmpeg. It's an incredible powerful, but not user-friendly (at least for Windows-user) interface. With a small command like:

$ ./ffmpeg.exe -i <input file> -c:a copy -vn <output file>

You can save the original audio data without any quality loss.

Note that AAC only supports MP4 or M4A containers to my knowledge. Your output file thus needs the extension MP4 or M4A:

output_file.mp4
output_file.m4a

Why would you use such an inconvenient method? Well, with ffmpeg you can process files in a row - I don't know how to do that on Windows though, only on Linux:

$ for i in videos/*; do ffmpeg -i "$i" -c:a copy -vn "$i.m4a"; done
>>
>>16814069
who cares you fucking weirdo
>>
>>16814075
i do. And people who are not plebs and enjoy decent audio quality do.
>>
>>16814077
>implying all digital music isn't pleb

You retards and your lossless audio meme

nice 40 mbs for 1 song

Get vinyl if you aren't an poser faggot and actually care about having the best quality music
>>
>>16814094
>implying vinyl is lossless
Hahahahahaha!

Also, never heard of FLAC? ALAC? Lossless audio decompression with rates up to 50%.

Welcome in 2016, faggot.
>>
>>16813218
Google search
clip converter

in this website you may take any youtube video, you may also convert the video to MP3 in this same website. I use it a lot. Sometimes it allows me to take the video from other websites, youtube always works.
>>
>listening to audio from an electronic device

you fucking plebs, when I want to listen to a song, I learn to play it on guitar, keyboard and/or kazoo for that 100% authentic sound

get on my level fagets, otherwise you're literal pleb scum
>>
File: 1.png (30 KB, 487x292) Image search: [Google]
1.png
30 KB, 487x292
>>16814104
>implying digital music will ever compare

Step back you cubic cuck
>>
>>16814114
Alright, do you want to come over with Ellie Goulding and your synthesizer and play "Starry-Eyed" for me, authentic-sound-autistic-senpai?
>>
>>16814114
>keyboard

wow you fucking pleb. if you're not playing on a grand piano made from genuine mahogany quality wood then you don't take music seriously. get the fuck out
>>
>>16814116
>implying that 96000 samples aren't enough for everyone
>>
>>16814150
>his brain is content with 96000 samples

Stick to digital and velcro shoes kiddo

I bet you think 24 fps is cinematic
>>
>>16814171
I never said I am content with 96000, just that it's supposed to be enough for everyone. Personally I prefer 192000 samples per second.

And 60 FPS is minimum in video. And we are talking progressive frames, not some interleaved shit. Even better are 144 FPS.
>>
>>16814069
>linusfags
>>
>>16814077

I can't hear a difference between lossy or FLAC. Eat a dick, autist.

>>16814069

Who the fuck wants to learn computer language for all that shit when there are free programs that do it for you. Do you butcher your own cow and weave your own cloth, too?

>>16814025

Thanks anon.
>>
>>16814449
>i dont understand all this, i am a pleb, i will eat shit because thats what i know
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.