[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1447557810669.jpg (17 KB, 350x277) Image search: [Google]
1447557810669.jpg
17 KB, 350x277
Am I immature for cutting contact with a crush after she met another guy and it going out with him? I don't think I can handle seeing them together so I want to distance myself because the pain of distancing myself is alot better then the pain of constantly seeing them together.

Was my choice the right one? Or should I just of manned up and acted like nothing changed but die on the inside.
>>
Do whatever makes you feel better. If they were your friend and you still want to be friends with them, then endure the pain. If it was just some random crush, fuck it. Get away from them.
>>
>>16812320

a bit immature yeah. but you're acting like you really only had the two choices.

by cutting contacti assume you mean deleted her on social media and blocked her and such though.

the correct response is just to back off.f if you see her say hi, but then just go about your business. she'll get hte idea.
>>
>>16812328
So I used to text and talk to her everyday, but now I only respond to texts that she sends and I make it short and dont give it a chance to open up into a deeper conversation. Im not that immature enough to just flat out ignore her but I am going to cut back my conversations with her like 90%
>>
>>16812327
Nah man the feelings I had for her deveolped over time as we talked more and more, found out we had way too much in common for me to just get over this its hard but I had to make this choice imo
>>
>>16812343

yeah thats fine. work ur way into 100%. with her new bf she wont be missing you for too long. ur on the right track anon
>>
Is it immature to not keep potato chips in your kitchen when you really like potato chips but are trying to lose weight?
>>
>>16812354
Yeah was my main ideal for stopping texting her, I dont want to keep texting her and get in the way or just seem like the idiot who can't take a hint and leave her alone, I realize she doesnt need me anymore and I am insenificant in her life now, it hurts alot but it hurts a little less knowing that I am aware of my status with her instead of being in a pissed off day dream of why couldnt she like me blah blah blah
>>
Had a friend told him I'm kinda in love with this girl.My friend told me to help get closer to my crush, but instead he just set up the girl with another guy.

Now I don't talk to my friend even when he greets me every day , removed my crush from fb.

I even switched between groups at uni in subjects we shared, I don't attend lectures because of them.

It helped me to get over my crush

Tldr if u want pain stay with them u died inside already when u saw them together
>>
>>16812320
It's kind of a hard question.

You're mature for recognizing your immature attitude and cutting yourself off before you embarrassed yourself.

So, what you did probably didn't seem "mature", but it was the right thing to do
>>
>>16812320
ha ha ha. oh how i can relate.
I liked a girl for way too long and never did anything about it. guess what? best friend ended up going out with her. best thing was i found out on christmas day. kek.

spend next few days crushed and dying inside. then party, alcohol, good time, get off with someone. that helped. accept what has happened and get over it. less than one month later i'm completely over it, even though i see them on pretty much a daily basis. just let someone else into your life and don't go all tunnel vision. the only way to beat emotions is with newer ones.

imo you shouldn't cut contact, but still accept that it won't happen. if it does then it does
>>
>>16812875
Sadly that option is kinda far for me to just find a new girl right away, im not the best looking guy and my confidence is kinda low and I dont really know where to look for one, like I already know if I start talking to someone else i will be better but its hard to find them. I got a girl on tinder and for the little while we talked I felt so happy and excited I didnt even remember the girl of my dreams was fucking another guy and I cant talk to her anymore so I know what needs to be done just not how right now
>>
>>16812358
But potato chips are so good. I never realised how wonderful life could be before I had potato chips. Now I can't imagine life without them. I do kinda think about them a lot. Even when I'm eating other food. But I don't care - I love potato chips and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.