[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I force myself to take a shower? Another problem I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 3847849494.jpg (18 KB, 436x337) Image search: [Google]
3847849494.jpg
18 KB, 436x337
How do I force myself to take a shower?
Another problem I have is taking too long in the shower once I'm actually in there
>>
>>16812195

>how do i force myself to take a shower.

by forcing yourself to take a shower. there is no other way around it, im not sure why you thought there was. you are literally asking how to have enough will power to sit under running water.

as for how to get other people to make you take a shower, give them that power. get whoever you live with to hold you to it.
>>
>>16812201
I live alone and I go days without showering and it's fucking filthy
>>
I have the same issue, OP. My hair is greasy and the rain from today and my having to go out into town didn't help matters. I'm not really holding a smell - as I've just hopped in the shower to give my body a quick scrub- but that's it... It's like.. I don't want to take a shower at all. I'm not depressed that I know of... But maybe you are? I don't know.
>>
>>16812202

then shower. if its a matter of will there is nothign to do but shower. if its a matter of remembering, set a calendar notification on your phone, or your alarm or what have you
>>
>>16812195
wake up and shower. its not that hard. are you a NEET? if so i understand your struggle of no job and lack of motivation
>>
>>16812213
Uni is starting soon.
>>
Dont.
http://motherdirt.com/
>>
>>16812195
If you are aware of not taking showers thats more then enough to take one. Grow the fuck up and take a shower its a 5-10 minute process and if you need it they have shower clocks you can set to remind you hey your taking too long. Your probably old enough that you go out once and a while, you will never attract anyone by not taking a shower like a mongrel
>>
You need to talk yourself trough the steps. Now i'm getting undressed. Now i turn on the water. Now shampoo, rinsing out bla bla
>>
Get a habit tracker app on your phone, or a calendar on the wall and cross off each day you shower. Aim to make an unbroken chain of crosses. Don't break the chain! Make it to three weeks and you've succeeded.

Tell yourself you only need to get in and get out again, to make it less of a big deal to motivate yourself to get in.

Set an alarm to get out again. Even if you're still not done washing, rinse down and get out. Dry yourself off. (Your towel may get dirty this way, so extra laundry may be needed)
You'll be back in the shower tomorrow, right? Do you can finish washing then.

Pick a time of day to shower. Stick to that time. Make it a habit. Habits take care of themselves, once you get over the inertia of getting started.

Good luck, anon.
>>
File: 1453341119900.gif (1 MB, 292x323) Image search: [Google]
1453341119900.gif
1 MB, 292x323
>>16812202
>>
>>16813428
Yeah, take her into the shower. That'll solve everything.
>>
I never understood why some people have a hard time taking showers. It's like the greatest/easiest thing, all you do is stand there in the warm water and think to yourself.
>>
>Guy asking how is it possible to get shower every day.
>wtf this thread
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.