[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need tips for staying warm while sleeping in a car tonight.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1450128384862.jpg (3 MB, 3747x2998) Image search: [Google]
1450128384862.jpg
3 MB, 3747x2998
I need tips for staying warm while sleeping in a car tonight. Also places to park.
>>
>>16812117
Park in a neighborhood.
>>
>>16812121
Just in front of somebody's house? I don't want to freak them out...
>>
>>16812117
Wear lots of warm clothes, get a warm sleeping bag or a ton of blankets. This is really something you should have been able to figure out yourself.
>>
>>16812117
park under a dark bridge and roll your windows down
>>
>>16812117

insulate yourself. wear as many layers as you can, and have htem overlap. tuck oyur pants into your socks, throw on extra pairs, and put on your boots over that.if you have the resources, create a little tent area around your heater, blast the heat for a little while, then just let that go through the night.

if you got a sleeping bag, get in there on top of everthing else you have. get tube bigger than a straw, but smaller than scuba gear. poke that our the sleeping bag, and close off the rest. keep mouth on straw, breath in through straw, but out through nose. body heat + breathing out will keep warm, and you'll still be able to breath comfortably.
>>
Walmarts are famous for car sleepers. Go for that.

Also layers.

Trust a Canadian who grew up with out central heating.
Wear socks, tuck your hands in close, and have a few shirts on.
>>
>>16812129
I was hoping for more than just that
>>
>>16812137
Unfortunately I don't have a sleeping bag. Only blankets and somewhat warm clothes
>>
>>16812163

ur not giving us many options here mate. tuck everything in and try to recreate the sleeping bag with all your blankets, leaving only a hole for a tube. chances are you wont have much luck in guessing you got no tubes that would be comfortable to sleep with.

just bundle up, blast the heat and see what happens. invite a homeless to sleep with you if nothing else.
>>
drive into a lake
>>
>>16812117

you in los angeles?
>>
>>16812137
>breathing through a straw
>comfortable

lol no.
>>
>>16812185

bigger than a straw i said
>>
>>16812184
No. A couple states away
>>
>>16812192

bummer. thats rough. maybe find an all night mc donalds and jsut sip some coffee if you cant keep warm
>>
>>16812163

You may be in serious trouble mate, risking frostbite and respiratory problems. If you don't have sufficient warm clothes, including foot wear, you need to put your car somewhere close to a place like an all night maccas, Walmart, where you can go and sit if you become hypothermic.

If you have a shit box car be careful running the engine and heater as your could poison yourself. Even a good or new car can kill you if the fumes are entering it.

If you get hypothermic you will not be able to drive. You won't even have the physical ability to start the engine or operate the heating. So if you are shivering uncontrollably you are in trouble.

You need to position yourself where you are best insulated, so lying on the back seat with covers both under and over you may be best. Make sure your feet are well covered. Make sure your head is covered as this is the greatest heat loss area.

Curl into a ball if possible.

The feasibility of your survival will depend on how good your coverings are. You may need to drive around from time to time to keep the car warm and your body active.

Good luck.
>>
Go to the nearest hostel
>>
>>16812125
My friend is worried about this all the time when we smoke....

No one is watching cars park or pass their place, they're all in the backroom watching tv or in their rooms on their tech. There is nothing illegal about parking in front of someone's house unless the car isn't registered, you can even sleep and even if cops come, you politely explain you're homeless and don't have friends, they'll tell you to move along and you find another quiet, nice waspy neighborhood.
>>
>>16812117
Go park your car in grade school parkng lot and sleep. You will be real safe. As to staying warm you could always use a hose to pipe in the warm car exhaust. After a few minutes you won't be cold anymore.
>>
Crumpled newspaper in socks and jumpers.
>>
Ask four tramps to rape you continously through the night. Rub their goo in your hair , as it dries and hardens it will insulate your massive head. If you want to stay really warm , wear a wedding dress and put on a little makeup to keep them aroused.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.