[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My mother, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: IMG_20160215_224228.jpg (2 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160215_224228.jpg
2 MB, 2560x1920
My mother, who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, is starting chemotherapy soon. I shaved my head a few days ago in support. She loved it.

I know it's not as bad since I am a man, but I feel like people treat me differently because of my new appearance. My coworkers have teased me, since only a few friends know my motivations. Strangers seem less friendly. It's probably all in my head, but I feel like a significantly less attractive person because of all this. It really makes me hurt more for what my mother will have to endure.

Should I keep my head skinned until my mother is done with treatment, guys?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1455594211665.jpg (28 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1455594211665.jpg
28 KB, 540x960
Before picture. I feel like a vain scumbag for asking this, but my emotions feel awkward.
>>
Nah bro I'm glad you shaved your head, white pride world wide!
>>
You look better with less hair.

I like my guys clean cut personally.
>>
if people tease you about it just explain that you're doing it in solidarity for your mother who has cancer

and yeah I'd keep it skinned until she's done with treatment

(btw I think keeping your hair short would be a better look for you anyway)
>>
>>16811805
Holy shit you look better shaven. You did yourself a favor
>>16811809
You look lame as fuck here. At least I can take OP seriously and you even have a manly reason for it.
Yes its all in your head. People are teasing you because you look different. Its not inherently a bad thing. They just have to get used to it.
>>
>>16811805
You pull off a good chrome dome. Not many people do.
Makes you look much more masculine IMO. Much better than the before pic (wtf is that fluffy thing on your head).

If you do want some hair keep it short and clean cut/well groomed. Not fluffy and sexually questionable.

Also I hope your mum beats it. You're a good son.
>>
It's up to you. Personally I think it would be nice to keep it shaven until she's done though. Plus you have the kind of head that looks good with or without hair.
>>
>>16811805
You look better, to be honest. But depending on where you live, they'll either associate you with military or skinheads (and people tend to look down on both).
>>
>>16811805
I think you look good, man. Is your mom Asian, btw?
>>
>>16811805
Would it make you feel better if people are less friendly because theyre intimidated, because you look like the man in fuckin charge?

Few people can pull off shaved head and you nail it. You look a bit tough which people will react to with reverence, but smile at them. The relief and subconscious affirmation that the boss in the room is being friendly with them: watch them turn around!!
>>
>>16811871
Fuck em they're just jealous cuz OP looks badass now.
>>
>>16811879
Nah, she's white-- my dad's the Asian one.

I guess it was in my head all along. I probably look and feel a little awkward because of how pale my head is compared to my natural skin tone. I'll keep my head skinned for my mom. Thanks, guys.
>>
>>16811805
>Should I keep my head skinned until my mother is done with treatment, guys?
If not permanently. You wear a bald head quite well.

Is your mother comfortable with other people knowing about her condition? If so, then info-bludgeon your tormentors. "I did it to show solidarity with my mother as she goes through chemotherapy" should shut most of them up damn quick.
>>
im a female and i think you look great, post pics of how you look before so we can tell you if you look better now or before :)
>>
File: IMG_20160215_231320_917.jpg (43 KB, 427x720) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160215_231320_917.jpg
43 KB, 427x720
>>16811886
Well, I have this one from a year or so ago. But then I started working at a more polished place and had to cut my hair. I don't really have very many photos of myself.
>>
>>16811906
Oh, yeah, and that is my mom.

>>16811885
She lives eight hours away from me. I just don't like people knowing about my personal life. I don't want others opinion of me to change based on situations outside of my control.
>>
>>16811909
>I just don't like people knowing about my personal life.

I can relate. Just keep it to yourself unless someone is being a real cunt. Then tell them so they feel like a fucking asshole.

If the best people can do to "bring you down" is comment on your head/hair then you're doing pretty good.

>>16811906
You look so much better with a shaven head. Rock it for a while. I bet women show more interest.
>>
>>16811914
I agree

He's shaolin monk material
>>
You look good.
>>
>>16811805
My mother is dying from cancer atm.

Not even rping and I'm crying like a little bitch.

This thread is all feels for me.
>>
>>16811805

honestly when i scrolled by i just thought 'hey, a cute guy' before i read your thread. ur a pretty attractive guy, even bald. it'd probably work better if you were jacked, you do look kind of skinny, but its not the end of the world.

if you didnt tell your mom you'd be bald for the entire treatment, then dont do it. just let it grow out. she probably wont care or notice. she probably assumes you shaved it to be an ally to her, but didnt assume you would keep it shaved the whole time.

got pics of you with hair tho? ur a qt
>>
>>16811809

ur cute, but the baldness looks more flatteering to me than that haircut desu. too long on top compared to the sides. if you balancedi t out you'd be my qt3.14 asian bf tho
>>
>>16811805
If you feel that this way is yet another way to be their for your mom, then continue it. If your co workers still make fun of you, then they can eat shit. My dad got diagnosed with prostate cancer around this time last year. Although he was operated on and heal up good that he didnt even need chemo, the time when we heard till months later leading up to the surgery was hard and uncertain. Cancer is no fucking joke, so I understand. If no one else can, that says a lot about them. Fuck those guys, dude.
>>
>>16811805
Keep it skinned. Who gives a fuck if people don't like it.
>>
Fuck those guys. You're doing it for your mom.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.