[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats up /adv/ I've been having a straight up shit time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n595reAwcg1sxudx7o3_400.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n595reAwcg1sxudx7o3_400.gif
1 MB, 400x300
Whats up /adv/ I've been having a straight up shit time with my college roommate, lets call her N, lately. I looked though the catalog and couldn't really figure out where to put this so....forgive me.

Heres some backstory:
I've been friends with this girl since I was 10. I thought it be a good idea, since I was transferring to the same school, that we should live together.
This shit ended up being the worst decision of my life. She has been pissing both me, and my other roommate, B, off for months now. She's constantly passive aggressive, sloppy, egotistical, and just generally awful to live with.

Last week:
I'm at an anime convention with group of friends, and roommates (N and B). N and B are both senior film majors and N is doing her thesis on cosplay. She has a shit ton of equipment, wont stop bitching about the ride. I'm beyond sick of it at this point and make an arrangement with her that I will pay for a rental car going down to the convention and she has to pay for the car back to school, everything seems find and she agrees.
>>>> Friday
I'm a really messy, disorganized person, but I know when I need to be on top of things. The car rental reservation is at 8AM on friday, I wake up to get the car at 6:30, making sure the night before I have everything ready outside the front door so we can leave at 9. I take an uber to the station so I can pick it up. I get there at 8:15. FUCK YES. It was supposed to be 39 dollars for the car. Suddenly everything starts piling up. Bill turns out to be 100 dollars more than I anticipated. There's no going back now.....hands guy the credit car. My heart is a little broken but it's okay, this is what being an adult is about. Drive back to apartment. B and N seem ready. We start packing the car. Everything is okay. N is really weird about money, but I feel dishonest not telling her that it's going to be more money than we thought. She gets pissed as fuck at me, screaming how she's not gonna pay for that shit.
Continued>>
>>
>>16810320
>Weeaboos
Fuck off. Nobody cares about your stupid over imagined drama.
>>
>>16810320
Alright, stop right there. You can spare us the blog post. Call her a cunt and find your own place to live. Preferably a studio apartment. Alternatively, you can just put up with her shit and not hang out with her outside the apartment.

Are you really over 18 years old? A 12 year old could have figured this out.
>>
>>16810320
> a little tangent
>N gets 80 dollars a week allowance from back home.
>She has a "budget" from her gofund me page to finance her film
>ive been living off of a loan refund check since November.

I dont say anything because i feel bad. We start driving down the high way, B,N, and I all made a road trip playlist. Everything seems fine, even tho we had to turn around to get N's extra camera shit, and I scratched the shit out of the bumper taking a u turn. The car ride down is alright, but a little annoying definitely because I forgot to take my adderal. The most annoying part was definitely when she unplugged my phone that had the GPS running to plug her own phone in only to charge it. Then bitched about the car's media thing not being compatible with her phone, leaving me driving totally blind for about 10 minutes till i asked her to plug my shit back in, which she then proceeded to take a portable charger out of her purse. It was honestly beyond baffling.
>Friday night
my friends and I get out of the reg line and meet back up with N and B. N proceeds to tell me about how the cars gonna be fine because she asked her dad to pay for the entire thing, so it's cool she's got the money. Smug ass fucking face. "wow...that's...great". B said my eyes looked dead. I'm pretty upset at this point, because all she ever does anyway is one up me any chance she gets, but now she's rubbing almost 200 dollars that I spent to drive her ass up there in my face. It's a big "FUCK YOU ANON".

>>Saturday
Wake up, there's a fire in the convention hall, everyone is being evacuated. N claims to have sprained her ankle, leaving B to film N's thesis for the day. I'm still not happy about what happened friday. I go around in cosplay, I have an alright day. I dont see N at all and just hang out with my boyfriend the whole time.
>continued again
>>
>>16810345
>Are you really over 18 years old? A 12 year old could have figured this out.
I said continued for a reason.
>find your own place to live.
I'm planning on it
>>
>>16810403
No, fuck you. You could either get to the fucking point or continue with this useless shit. I'm out of this thread. Next time, don't write a massive boring blogpost that's 99% filler.
>>
>>16810320

>sonic underground

such an amazing concept with such shitty execution.

>everything else

this isnt even a good story

>how DARE HER PARENTS GIVE HER MONEY

jesus
>>
>>16810392
>Saturday night
I'm pretty drunk already but everyone wants to go out, N is PISSED because she "can't walk". I'm a little rude to her because I'm sick and tired of her attitude. Other than that we had a great night.
>Sunday
reservation isn't until 6, neither myself or B want to wander around an empty convention hall for 9 hours. I mentioned wanting to try to go home (I live about 45 minutes away) with my sister. N is PISSED because she doesn't wanna pick me up, i never said that she had to. She decides to cancel the reservation, effectively stranding both B and myself. She's trying to get the fuck out of dodge and arrange a new ride behind our backs. B bitches her out, but she keeps hanging up on me. Boyfriend ends up driving me and B back to school.
>she gets to keep the 200 dollars her dad wired her
>doesnt pay ride for gas money

>monday
>has spoken to no one.
>won't stop slamming doors.
>keeps telling mutual friend she's trying to talk to me but I wont listen
>Literally hasnt spoken to me since yesterday

I sleep in the same small ass fucking room as her. our bed aren't 8 feet away from each other. I can live like this until may. what should I do about it. I don't want to be too mean....
>>
>>16810429
lmao okay
> getting 80 dollars a week
>"from my inheritance"
>"my parents literally have no debt"
>"I'm so broke omg i'm so stressed i can't even go to 7/11"
>proceeds to buy 100000 body pillows of anime boys
>gets pissed when I dont treat her to lunch
>>
>>16810451

i get the treated to lunch bit. but the rest is not /adv/ worthy. ur just ranting about ur roommate
>>
>>16810455
I want to know how to address the issue. We're in the same group of friends. I want to know how to bitch her our without ruining the friendship.
>>
>>16810461

i want to know how to get ripped without exercise.
>>
>>16810469
I want to know how to live in this apartment till may without being sent to jail.
>>
>>16810484

barricade, streamline, and cut contact.

you are now always either 'too busy' or 'too tired'. not just for her, but for any events with mutual friends.

scope out new friends, hang out with friends who dont know her, and try to see if any of your friends hate her enough to join you in seclusion.

no matter how tempting the event, dont go with her. hang out at boyfriends or friends whenever you dont NEED to be home to do something.

dont start a conversation with her. when she starts a conversation, find the quickest exit route, then say 'sorry i gotta go'. wear headphones while in the common space. claim its audio books.
>>
>>16810494
parts of this are good. idk..I just want to be able to handle this like an adult and be able to stay sane and cordial with her till she moves away forever
>>
>>16810320
>I've been friends with this girl since I was 10. I thought it be a good idea, since I was transferring to the same school, that we should live together.
>This shit ended up being the worst decision of my life. She has been pissing both me, and my other roommate, B, off for months now. She's constantly passive aggressive, sloppy, egotistical, and just generally awful to live with.

I had a similar experience with my "best friend". It doesn't matter how long you've known your friend. You don't truly know them until you have lived with them. Now that you've seen her true colors, you should figure out a plan to cut all ties with her.
>>
>>16810320
>thesis
>cosplay
How the fuck can you do this !!! USA I guess ! It's a fucking shame
We (europe) built a fabulous thesis system and muhrica ruined it with shitty cosplay thesis
I feel hurt
>>
>>16810795
I'm honestly thinking about it. She's just been screwing me and making herself the victim. She just told me she wants to have a mediation with the RA.....
>>
>>16811237
>She just told me she wants to have a mediation with the RA.....
wat
>>
>>16810320

Quit college and find a man to take care of you.
>>
>>16811286
they came in and kicked me out of the room, talked to her for 30 minutes, where she told them a doctored story of above where it makes her out to be the victim. shes now convinced her logic is sound and that she's the queen of the universe.
I'm going to kill myself or her before the night is over.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.