[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What advice would you give to a 23 year old girl who's never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
What advice would you give to a 23 year old girl who's never been able to get a date but really wants one
>>
>>16810195
Lose weight, fatty

/thread
>>
use a web service for that purpose. if you live in a city of decent size and are willing to put the time in you'll find a date online eventually. might not be a good date, but it'll happen
>>
>>16810202
Without online services.
>>
>>16810208
Just lose weight, dress nicely, learn to put on 'natural' make up, be attractive or/and interesting.

Lose weight though, honestly
>>
>>16810215
I'm not overweight and I wear makeup

Now what
>>
>>16810208
explain yourself
>>
>>16810217
What do you do?
>>
>>16810217
>Now what
use one of those websites. they're free and easy
>>
why is everyone telling a girl with 1.5 million insta followers to lose weight? no wait. that cant be. could it be? maybe its not her
>>
ask a guy out.

/thread
>>
>>16810217
Now stop being ugly or boring, whichever you are

If not both
>>
>>16810221
I want my first date to be from irl after my first date I'll use the internet. But it's for my self esteem to get a date irl.
>>
>>16810235
Sounds to me like you're romanticising dating and relationships. It's not like your Disney fantasies, honey.
>>
>>16810239
I know it's not

But I already have low self esteem from never having a date at the age of 23, I don't need the added humiliation of having my first date being from the Internet because I can't get one in real life like other girls.
>>
Your either chubby, tall, ugly, have bad hygiene, make yourself very difficult to approach, or simply don't do anything.
>>
>>16810245
You're making this out to be a bigger deal than it actually is. I can understand getting this obsessive over your virginity, but it's just a fucking date. Chances are you're going to end up sitting across a table from a guy you don't really like but are desperate enough to go on a date with, make awkward small talk, he'll walk you home, try to kiss you and then you'll never talk to him again.
>>
>>16810257
That would still be a boost to my crippling lt low self esteem.

It's just a date to you but it's not something trivially easy for me to get.
>>
There's gotta be something going on here. Plenty of men get to age 23 without ever going on dates, purely because they never took the initiative in asking somebody out (for whatever reason), but for a girl at that age there's something going on.

Is there something very off-putting or unpleasant about your appearance? Are you reclusive or cripplingly shy? I'm not trying to subtly put you down here. We can't help if we don't know what's going on.
>>
>>16810270
Normies will never understand
>>
>>16810274
I don't have the prettiest face but I do have a good social life.
>>
>>16810301
I'm assuming posting a picture is absolutely out of the question? I understand if it is, dude, I'm just trying to understand what's going on. You do live in America, yes? (or at least a western country)

Have you ever been asked out? Turned a guy down? Known anybody who liked you?

If you live in a decently-sized city (basically just not a tiny rural town), there's almost certainly quite a few men within a several-mile radius of you right now who'd be thrilled to take you out on a date. Assuming you're not somehow broadcasting high-frequency "DO NOT APPROACH ME" vibes, which plenty of men just ignore anyway.
>>
>>16810315
Don't bother trying to help, she's just here for a whine. She's like the guys here: she'll insist there's nothing wrong with her, she's not willing to change anything, and even if she is, she'll change for a week or two and then fall back into her habits. She has preconceived notions about what she expects, and has standards higher than she can afford to have
>>
gonna have to show us what we're working with, Op>>16810195
>>
>>16810274
girls dont need to do anything just signal to guys they are available.
>>
>>16810315
I live in the uk

I've never been asked out or been aware of anyone liking me

I used to live in London and even then there was no one near me who wanted to take me on a date
>>
>>16810325
What habits do I need to change? I'll do whatever it takes

I don't have very high standards at all really
>>
>>16810325
damn that's deep
>>
>>16810195
post face and full body
real advice here is don't be looking for it just do things that you enjoy that involves meeting others
>>
>>16810341
If you are not asked out that means that thing that prevents you from having a relationship is either looks or some awful vibe that is very visible.
Is your face hideous?
Do you have a really nasty resting bitch face?
>>
>>16810195

post a pic of ya,no face if u don't wanna do it
>>
>>16810351
I've been told my friends/roommates etc that I have average looks, 5-6/10.
>>
>>16810347
Thread right there.

Alright, he called it; time to go home.
>>
>>16810195
Approach a guy you like and ask him out. Don't be a fucking pussy.
>>
>>16810362

let's see dat body,lets decide if u are fuckable
>>
post face, blurry yor eyes if you want to.
>>
>>16810362
OK, but if you don't want to post pics, break that up.
What's your weight, how tall are you, what are your measurements, is your skin clean and good looking, what is your hair like, what are your facial features like. For some reason men look at you and make the judgement asking that girl out isn't worth the risk. That either means you don't look desirable enough or look so crazy that a rejection from you would be a scene they don't want to endure. So something is wrong with your looks and behavior.
>>
>>16810325
Starting to agree with this, yeah.

You have to give us something to work with, dude, not just reply with the minimum information required to answer our questions.
>>
>>16810384

or maybe she looks like crack whore who would stab ya an take yo money
>>
File: cancer.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
cancer.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>16810362
Pics with timestamp or GTFO
We need some idea of what were working with.
>>
>>16810195
lose weight
>>
>>16810390
Told you. People in these threads aren't forthcoming with information mostly because they don't want to change, they just want someone to fall into their lap who loves them just the way they are. She's just going to tell you that she's pretty average but not ugly, she's not fat and that she has a good personality, she's educated, and that she has a good social life. She's not going to tell you anything that's going to enable you to actually help, because she doesn't want to change a thing about herself.
>>
>>16810454
Shots fired. OP, are you going to prove him right or wrong?
>>
File: 1454981976482.jpg (340 KB, 940x1280) Image search: [Google]
1454981976482.jpg
340 KB, 940x1280
>>16810454
What puzzles me most is the fact that she's just waiting for a guy to sweep her off her feet instead of taking initiative and asking a guy out. How hard is it to approach someone, introduce yourself, have a short bullshit conversation, then ask for his number? Then you text him later saying something like "I really enjoyed talking with you. Are you free this weekend?"

NOT HARD AT ALL!
>>
>>16810464
Like I said, she doesn't want help, she wants to whine. Asking for help is just a pretence to make her blog post. She's got these fairytale expectations, and she'll settle for nothing less.

>>16810458
I wasn't aiming to mock or insult her, I'm just telling you how this thread is going to play out.
>>
>>16810478
You're the one whining. You're in denial with your lack of insight to help OP with and are projecting it instead while having the thread side with you using rhetoric meme arguments.
This is unproductive, flaming and without purpose. You are the attention whore.
>>
>>16810552
Go on then. Give OP some productive advice based on what she's told us. Lead by example.
>>
>>16810559
> You're in denial with your lack of insight to help OP with and are projecting it instead
>>
>>16810195
Fellow UK inhabitant, OP, male though. Have you been to uni? Very surprised if you'd gone through uni without a date.

Anyways, the advice part, there isn't as big of a "date" culture over here, if you hadn't noticed by now, so that could be an issue? You seem to have a Disney-esque view on how this should go, nothing wrong with that but you will need more patience.
Good news is that guys are easy af, if a woman makes it obvious to me that she's interested, and I'm interested in her, then I'll go for it. So, youre options:
1. Go out to clubs/pubs, pick some guy early and flirt hard.
2. Directly ask someone if they want to grab a coffee, coffee doesn't sound like a date so any guys who have a problem with the girl making the first move might find it less intimidating, but that's your decision.
3. Put yourself in more social situations with guys you don't know, like friends of friends, not complete randoms
>>
>>16810597
I just want a boyfriend, it doesn't have to involve going on dates

Could you give me flirting tips? By flirting hard what do you mean?

I do flirt and make it as obvious as possible if I like a guy.
>>
>>16810603
Post your bonobos
>>
>>16810603
That's not a tall order, but try not to come across that way, act like you couldn't give a shit if you're single or in a relationship.

Flirting hard as in just really obvious. Light physical contact is always a giveaway, eye contact too, a lot of people associate playing with your hair while talking is a sign a woman's into you, just a few examples.

What do you usually do to flirt? Like what do you say and how do you use your body language?
Specific examples would help if you want direct advice on flirting.
>>
>>16810627
I play with my hair, maybe touch their arm and smile a lot at them
>>
>>16810632
Imo you sound fine with flirting, maybe the guys that you go for.
Do you have a specific type that you usually go for? If they're shy they might just be being chickenshits or if they're Chads it might be a case of wanting to just fuck
>>
>>16810643
I don't now I don't really have a type

I give up.
>>
>>16810651
Well I gave advice a go, got Kik?
>>
>>16810195
Just make eye contact with the cute guys around you. One will almost certainly take the bait
>>
>>16810651
Hello; please present your coconuts thank you
>>
>>16810195
dont have high standards
>nice car
>money
>social statues
>>
>>16810195

S
E
A
T
T
L
E
>>
>>16810222
>being this new
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.