[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I call it a date
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: tmp_25374-Yq9u0Hqh843200052.jpg (139 KB, 1024x788) Image search: [Google]
tmp_25374-Yq9u0Hqh843200052.jpg
139 KB, 1024x788
Probably autistic anon here, have no fucking clue what I'm doing. I'm going to ask out my friend this thursday by asking "Hey X, I was wondering if you'd wanna meet up next week, maybe go do something fun" - I have a few ideas of what to do (coffee-type low pressure chill scenarios). Only problem is, do I call it a date? I don't want to confuse her, but will I scare her off if I call it a date?

I was hoping we could chill out as friends once then I could ask her on a "date" officially. I've never hung out with her alone before, nor have I ever asked. She's really smart too, surely she'll know what I mean?

If it helps, I'm 21, she's 18.
>>
Why does it need a title? Just go have fun.
>>
Don't call it a date, just meet her and have fun. Let things go where they go.
>>
>>16810154
Don't call it anything
Have fun with her
>>
>>16810556
>>16810561
OP here, this is what I instinctively want to do - I just want to go and have fun with her, get to know her better and see where things go. I'm just worried after reading stuff from women complaining about guys asking to "hang out" and how they think they're just chilling with a friend when it turns into a date, with serious awkwardness. That's just a whole layer of shit I don't want to deal with
>>
>>16810154
It's never a good idea to call it a date.
>>
>>16810583
Then why do so many women say you should ask people out on "dates", specifically using the word?
>>
>>16810154
You sound insecure. She'll say no if you'll ask her out like that.

"hey X, I'm going to this awesome place next week. You know, just to have some fun and shit. Join in, it'll be fun"

Never ask her if she wants something, it just sounds like you are doing it for her. Do your own shit and let her know about your plans, that way you'll have bigger success rate
>>
>>16810154

What this person said
>>16810602
Be more confident and assertive, but not forceful.
Also labelling something makes it seem more final, if you want it to be a date it just needs to feel like a date, not be literally named as one
>>
>>16810602
>You sound insecure
No shit.

>Do your own shit and let her know about your plans

Damn, this is the kind of stuff I never do. I suppose I can put it that way to her
>>
>>16810579
You're thinking too much into it, broseph. Initially, you should be going just to have fun. If you guys are connecting and mutual feelers begin growing, at that point, it will automatically turn into a date.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.