[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
College is fucking boring
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: college.jpg (86 KB, 600x459) Image search: [Google]
college.jpg
86 KB, 600x459
Holy shit, I just started my second semester of college and I regret it already. The classes are ridiculously easy, the people are boring as hell (as in a lot of them are fucking pussies and frown upon screwing around) and I'm broke/carless, meaning I can't do anything worthwhile with people.

How the hell do I make college more interesting? Where do I meet the kind of people that are actually willing to fuck shit up and have fun instead of just drinking and doing their boring, normie bullshit?

I need to hold out for three, four more months until I'm drop out and enlist in the military, so give me some ideas. I don't want to enlist in the military as a virgin loser with no good stories to tell from college.
>>
>>16809077
It's what you make of it. If you're bored and lonely, that's on you. Take more interesting classes, make some effort to make friends
>>
>>16809091

I am. My saving grace is that I know how to talk to people, somewhat. Classes are non negotiable, since they're mostly general classes that count as credits that I actually need.

>make effort to make friends

How? I talk to people, I get acquainted with them and we greet each other every time we come across each other. but that's pretty much it. How do I meet people with a similar mentality? The only group of people I've actually gotten along with are veterans and a few people that come from poor backgrounds, and that's only because they aren't the dimwitted pseudo intellectual college grounds are cursed with.
>>
Having the same experience OP. only that next semester I begin my third year. Made some good connections but have not met someone that I can call on a Saturday night to get some drinks.. Everyone always seems so busy with work or has something going on. Anyone have some advice?
>>
>>16809077
>Where do I meet the kind of people that are actually willing to fuck shit up and have fun instead of just drinking and doing their boring, normie bullshit?
Take drugs
>>
Wait until you venture out into your major.

Chances are if you think you're smarter than everyone else, you're probably dumb.
>>
>>16809141

Woah, wait, I don't think I'm smarter than everyone else. I'm taking a handful of courses related to my major and while they're not hard, it's interesting at least. Hell, I'm enlisting soon, I know I'm a dumbass.

My complaint is that everyone I meet is so tame and boring.
>>
>>16809145
You either need to look a lot harder at people, or just wait till youre deeper in your major. People in ge classes are idiots, it just does something to you
>>
>>16809148
And i forgot to add, what the hell do you expect non tame and non boring to be like? People arent just gonna be their real awesome selves in front of someone they just met, they dont know if youre chill or not. Maybe you arent interesting to them.
>>
>>16809077
Let's translate your post into reality, shall we?

>The classes are ridiculously easy
- Meaning: you are missing most of what goes on in them and just skimming the surface.

>the people are boring as hell (as in a lot of them are fucking pussies and frown upon screwing around)
- Meaning: They've decided that college is primarily a place to learn and not play, and since their parents are paying thousands they figure they should get their money's worth.

>Where do I meet the kind of people that are actually willing to fuck shit up
Meaning: You really think the military will be a place for fucking things up?

Why wait 3 months? You are obviously in the wrong place for you. Get out now and begin your search for a place that weclomes people who fuck shit up.
>>
>OP actually thinks college is like Animal House
get your head out of your ass and calm down, faggot. if what you want to do with your life is not something you have to achieve through a college degree, then just fucking drop out now and leave your classmates alone because they actually give a shit about the material and their futures unlike you.
do you really think joining the military will be all fun and games? it's the exact opposite.99% of it is extremely grueling training and work. literally none of it is easy, both mentally and physically. maybe you should find a job as a carpenter or something where you can literally get paid to fuck shit up and put it back together. if not, then sit down and do your god damn homework like everyone else.
>>
>The classes are ridiculously easy
Maybe you should have picked a good major in a non shit college.
And before you pull some stuff about how you're just too smart, you're going to enlist in the military, lol.
>>
OP here, I fell asleep.

>>16809404

> And before you pull some stuff about how you're just too smart, you're going to enlist in the military, lol.

Err, re-read >>16809145. And I come from a tough high school, so I expected that college was going to devastate me, so I picked the relatively safe History. So. yeah, I'm probably going to change to a STEM major or at least something like business or politics.

>>16809400

>do you really think joining the military will be all fun and games?

Hell no, but at least I have the advantage of knowing what to expect instead of the lies I was fed about how college was going to be great and totally worth the price tag.

>>16809162

>Why wait 3 months?

I could use the additional credits. But then again, if I could find a full time job to keep me occupied, I'll probably just end up doing what you say.

In regards to everything else that everyone has said, maybe you're all right. I'm probably just lost and disappointed, I'll sort myself out.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.