[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best country to live in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1437772026447.jpg (42 KB, 600x476) Image search: [Google]
1437772026447.jpg
42 KB, 600x476
Aussie here, and looking around Australia is looking like a worse and worse country to live in (high cost of living, shitty infrastructure and culture unless getting drunk and eating overcooked meat suits you), curious about people's experiences moving from one country to another and wherever they currently are.
>>
Go live in the US. Now that is a based country. PS, UK sux don't come here.
>>
>>16808142
I assume you want to move to an English speaking country, right? Everywhere else in the western world is worse than Aussie and NZ.
>>
>>16808168
Fuck, forgot to say that. Yeah, don't know any other language, though after experiencing aussie internet I'm prepared to learn any language to use proper internet for a change.
>worse than Aussie and NZ
Australia just has this attitude of "that'll do" and sooner or later shit is going to get much worse (survived the GFC pretty well but now are in financial shit because "she'll be good" government the last few years)
>>16808163
Shit posting aside, your UK? How is it?
>>
grass is almost never greener if you live in a first world country. I'd stay there if I were you.
>>
>>16808419
>Australia just has this attitude of "that'll do" and sooner or later shit is going to get much worse (survived the GFC pretty well but now are in financial shit because "she'll be good" government the last few years)
Yeah, I get that, I'm a kiwi myself. I do have family in both the UK and the US, and I've heard from them that it's less...moderate over there. Everyone just seems to have stronger views about everything. I don't know about you, but I'd rather our apathy than that.
>>
Let's see. From all of the BS I am hearing the US is significantly better than the other English speaking conuotries. If you are willing to live in a non English speaking country then your options get better. I hear good things about Poland, Ukraine, Russia, The Philippians, and South Korea. I think the Cato Institute has a list of the most free countries in the world.
>>
>>16808437
Can confirm, people like me can't be in the middle. You're either far left or far right. My conservative friends call me an SJW cuck, while my liberal ones call me an insensitive bitch. I like this country, just not the politics.
>>
United States will be the best country if Bernie Sanders becomes president.
>>
>>16808425
Have you travelled/moved countries though? I understand the risks, but as i said in the OP, most of Australia kinda sucks, and the chief advantage is the weather (which I prefer colder weather) and not being shot or being killed in a natural disaster (bushfires aside).
>>16808437
Kk, I spent time in the US (when i was 6-8 so it doesn't really count) but i remember my parents saying stuff like that. Our apathy just means everything is so-so, and i just want to consider other options rather than just saying "eh, Aussieland is good enough".
>>16808451
Interested in that list too.
>>
>>16808142
Have you tried places like Denmark or Sweden or... Uh... Finland? Some Nordic country where prostitution is legal, the women are naturally beautiful, the country is beautiful, etc. Fuck don't come to America that's for damned sure. This place is fantastic if you're rich and good looking but other than that it's shit tier.
>>
>>16808472
I hear that they're meant to be godtier places, but i always assume that's just an online thing, if you get what i mean.
>>
>>16808142
So OP you're a highly qualified, attractive and somewhat well off dude?

Because that's what you need to be to live anywhere else other than Australia, with the same quality of life or close thereto.

If you're a poor or average fag then you won't find better in a holistic way but maybe small things are better while other things are worse).
>>
>>16808142
It varies based on how much money you have, where you're from, what education you have etc.
>>
>>16808142
I've lived in US, England, and Japan. I've spent a few weeks in Israel, Costa Rica, and Germany.

Each and every place is what you make of it. People are people, it just depends on which side that particular area or culture shows you. I've met Australians abroad. They were exactly the same as US citizens in that some were drunken messes of people. Some were thoughtful and quiet. Some were hilarious and very Indian.

Before you run off living anywhere, I suggest visiting places. Backpack around. Do a guided tour. Study abroad. Do what you gotta do to exposure yourself to multiple places. Each place and people has a feel and culture and it's important to find a good fit.
>>
>>16808142
Now is the time to move to Syria. I hear land is cheap.
>>
>>16808638
What, you need to be 2% to get the same level quality of life as in Australia? Have you lived in Australia and other places? Because otherwise I'm calling BS on that.
>>16808652
Not planning on going off anytime soon, finished up a bach of Elec Eng and wanna get a proper job locally for a bit before considering going elsewhere.
>>16808665
I know people always say Australia is a great place to live, but they either don't say why, or are clearly cashed up people living in Sydney or Melbourne, ie the two places that somewhat resemble proper cities. My main point of view of Australia is here: >>16808419
>>
File: aay.gif (409 KB, 400x230) Image search: [Google]
aay.gif
409 KB, 400x230
>>16808668
>>
America is just brainwashed do not bother.
>>
Aussie here, would kill to live in the US but if you're white and from a good country it's almost impossible to get citizenship without marriage/sponsorship
>>
>>16808869
Why would you trade in to be american?
That's fucked up if you really dont believe in our eagle powers anon
>>
>>16808865
Care to expand that a little bit?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.