[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /adv/, I had a little arguement with my gf and im pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Paris.jpg (687 KB, 800x451) Image search: [Google]
Paris.jpg
687 KB, 800x451
Hi /adv/,

I had a little arguement with my gf and im pretty stumped. We are in a position where we can afford going on a vacation for the first time together. So i got quite exited, and tried to find good places we should visit. So one day,about two weeks ago:

>watch some talk about iran
>this looks pretty sweet
>hear on the news that its politically kind of unstable
>tel gf we should go there before shit hits the fan, so we can see it sort of intact
>she declines
>no way, too dangerous

I was kind of bummed out, but in the end i thought it was propably for the best and that she is sensible. Then yesterday:

>see an ad featuring Paris
>ask her if shes ever been to France
>no
>get excited and tell her we should go there for vacation
>tell her how beautiful paris is
>tell her how beautiful the countryside is
>get hyped
>she says no way
>too dangerous, terrorists might attack us(literally her words)
>seems like a scaredy cat to me

So now i just dont see her like i did before. I always thought she was brave, now she just seems like a coward. Im losing respect for her and it shows. I have no idea how to talk with her abou it since anyway i put it would seem insulting.
>>
>>16807227
If she's afraid to go to France then she's probably not very smart. I wouldn't worry about offending her because I wouldn't be worried to lose her.
>>
>>16807277
>HURR just break up with her breh its my go to advice for literally every thread on this board arent i a good and sensible advice giver.

fuck off
>>
>>16807227
>too dangerous, terrorists might attack us(literally her words)
leave her ignorant ass. Dumbest shit I've heard all week.
>>
shit hitting to fan in "iran"? pffftt its one of the most stable countries in middle east. your girl should have read more news and history.
>>
>>16807335
I agree. She sounds like dead weight.
>>
She's right about Iran, but why would anyone in their right mind want to visit that place?

As for France, yeah that's totally retarded.
>>
>>16807287
This girl is a dumb ass. Iraq is one of the more stable middle eastern countries out there but I can see why she could be afraid to go.

>HUURR, if we go to France we'll get rekt by em terrorists!
TOP KEK M8! He should leave her ass. France is more safe than most of the U.S.

you need to fuck off
>>
>>16807348
what's wrong with it? tell me comformist xenophobic white nigger
>>
>>16807359
comparing iran to iraq is like comparing cuba to u.s. dumb cunt
>>
>>16807359
would*
>>
The thing is shes is usually quite intelligent, so thats why this whole affair was such a shocker for me.

Leaving her over this would be uncalled for. She just got caught up in some hysteria.

The real question is how can i get her back on track and out of her irrational fears.
>>
>>16807389
stop her from watching american tv
>>
>>16807398
fair enough. good idea.
>>
>>16807227
Don't go to Paris, it's a shithole anyways. And yes, the disgusting Muslim subhumans aren't helping with that.
>>
>>16807434
your übermencsh ass gonna get raped by a muslim hopefully
>>
Go to Paris without her. Stay in a hostel and hook up with a qt3.14 from anywhere.
>>
Have fun being Allah akbared to death, OP
>>
>>16807227
You sound like a shitty selfish boyfriend.
>>
>>16807471
jeez, give me a break.

>>16807446
They say that taking your gf to paris is like carrying owls to athens...

>>16807434
Ive been there ten years ago and it was like a dream. Stop being so negative.
>>
>>16807227
She sounds beyond scared, she's fucking dumb.

>>16807277
This.

>>16807287
>staying in relationship with dumb people
It's like you want to be a parent before having any kids.

>>16807348
Nothing wrong with Iran from safety POV.
>>
>>16807487
>ive never had a gf so i tell everyone to break up with theirs
>tfw no gf despite giving the best relationship advice
>>
>>16807503
Tons of projecting there, friend. If being massively retarded isn't a massive dealbreaker for you, what is?
>>
>>16807514
I dont need advice on my relationship and even if i did you couldnt give any meaningful one since the information is too limited. From the OP you only get a glimpse and the only thing you see is awful and dumb as fuck, thats the whole reason for the argument after all. It doesnt represent the relationship though.

I only need to know how to sensibly approach the subject without causing her to, retreat and dig in with her unwarranted fears.
>>
>>16807487
"Nothing wrong from a safety point of view?" Just gonna ignore the State Department's travel warning, huh, Anon? We don't have any consular relations with Iran, so if something goes south they can put you in jail and throw away the key (and have, routinely, to U.S. citizens). If you want a "safe" Middle Eastern country, I think you're thinking someplace like Saudi Arabia or Dubai.

If the OP is still thinking France, he could carefully research terrorist events there and maybe convince her. Or suggest maybe someplace else with a lot of culture that doesn't have a recent terrorist attack in the national consciousness, like Greece or Italy.
>>
>>16807227
But Iran is pretty safe and stable.

In fact it's probably going to end up eating all the other mudslime countries within the decade so you should visit those instead.
>>
>>16808527
Even on Saudi Arabia or Dubai make sure you wrap her up in a environment friendly black tent. Unless you want a rape incident.
>>
To be honest op, i kind of agree with your gf. Havent heard a lot of good things about women concerning the middle east and paris is safe probably but the whole terrorist thing would hang over my head and possibly spoil the vacation. I literally do not want any trouble. I'm not a coward dude i stand up for myself, have got bruises and shit to show for it, i just dont go looking for trouble if its not worth it
>>
lol, Iran is more stable than the US.
>>
>>16808527
>and have, routinely, to U.S. spies

Fixed that for you
>>
File: 1454358008430.jpg (20 KB, 406x536) Image search: [Google]
1454358008430.jpg
20 KB, 406x536
>>16808562
>But Iran is pretty safe and stable.

Compared to Somalia, sure it is!
>>
File: 1452110209633.jpg (385 KB, 800x938) Image search: [Google]
1452110209633.jpg
385 KB, 800x938
>>16807389
Well theres a chance there is going to be another terror attack in Europe thanks to these cunts at the EU and France is a big target so your girlffriend doesn't sound irrational
>>
>>16807227
Or alternatively, you could go do something fun like horseback riding and camping out in Sedona, AZ.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.