[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Parent Dying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: 1393033176849.png (598 KB, 633x754) Image search: [Google]
1393033176849.png
598 KB, 633x754
Hey, never posted here before. Um... my dad is on his death bed. I was just wondering if anyone else out there has gone through this. I don't really have anyone to call. thanks
>>
>>16805894
And telling me I'm a faggot for typing Um... and I should go back to tumblr is welcome.
>>
>>16805898
Go back to tumblr faggot
>>
I'm sorry to hear this. The only advice I can give you, though, is to leave nothing unsaid. You should be talking to him, not us.
>>
>>16805920
this.
my pap died suddenly - get home from school/find out he's in hospital suddenly dying - no chance to say goodbye or any of that jazz.
sounds twisted but i'm envious of folks like yourself who get to say goodbye.
woulda been nice even though him and I never got along
>>
>>16805894
Get over it. It'll be alright
>>
>>16805894
it's the unfortunate part of life, tell him everything you want him to know and don't forget to tell him you love him
if you believe in an afterlife, chances are you'll meet up again there and by then you'll have some crazy stories to tell him
good luck and god bless
>>
Im fortuante to have not gone through it but apparently we've all been there since the primordial origin

Please read this poem to your father
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfUoLK7G-2Y
>>
http://www.sacred-texts.com/bud/btg/btg94.htm
>>
>>16805894
Yeah, I'm going through this as well. My dad has stage IV cancer. Please tell him how much you appreciate him and love him while you still have the chance. I'm trying to figure out a way to say this myself.
>>
I was in a diffrent situwation
Long story short my stephdad died protecting me and my mother from my dad
I still miss him ever since, i still have nightmares from that day
>>
>>16807346
What i mean is let the ones you love know it
Becouse the next day you might not have the chance, like i did it is still eating me away
>>
>>16805916
Ok. I've never been to tumblr. But ok. >>16805929
>>16805920
Thanks guys.
>>
>>16805898
>Um...
Ah. Yeah. My fault. I apologize.
>>
>>16806177
Hey bro. OP here. Here's a (You). Hang in there. And thanks for the advice.
>>
For better and worse, life continues for those who remain and the world keeps moving. Nature isn't cruel, it just works as it has to.

http://www.audible.com/pd/Classics/Meditations-Audiobook/B004IBRMZS
>>
You will be fine
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDA0Hecw1k
>>
My girlfriend's father died 2 years ago, and they some unsolved problems which they never talked about. So my suggestion would be to talk about anything you want with him while you still can, and if you love him just say that to him. I don't if your fther was a good father or not, but if he was just thank him for everything he did for you and just make him feel better. Be strong :)
>>
File: bowie.jpg (11 KB, 200x206) Image search: [Google]
bowie.jpg
11 KB, 200x206
My dad died of cancer when I was 16.
If he is still able to carry a conversation ask him anything you've ever been curious about him. Ask him for as many details about his life as possible.

If there's one thing I wish I talked to more about my father is his own personal history.
>>
He passed away 2 years ago, and I don't give a shit. He was a deadbeat druggie that resented me since I was born for being better than him.
>>
>>16808179
Just listen to this and everything will be allright
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3217H8JppI
>>
>>16808219

Everetying will be FIRE.

This is a good song though.
>>
>>16808263
Sorry to hear that man. If you want to talk at all... I'm Tyywebb on Steam.
>>
>>16805894
I think you should do or say all the things that you need to get off your chest just so that you won't leave with regret or guilt for not telling him certain things.

I personally have never been in your situation, but I hope this small piece of advice helps you in some way. I think if there's anything you can do to get some closure (not just for you but for your dad) would be good.
>>
>>16805894

Lost my dad 2 years ago after battling multiple health problems for years. Went in to hospice and within 3 months he was gone.

Spend every waking moment you can with him. Don't spare any moment, because even then you'll have regrets that you didn't put in enough time. A day doesn't go by that I don't think about him and want to hear his voice. Same for my mom whom I lost about a year ago.

I agree with the sentiment to leave no question unasked, and nothing left unsaid. But remember to be gentle, and accept that there are things that will have no simple explanation and there are things he may not wish to answer.

He probably just wants you there, anon. So the best advice I can give you is be there. Tell him you love him, hold his hand. Talk about every good memory. Smile and laugh, because everything is so heavy and he will appreciate some levity.

After his passing I strongly advise that you go to grief counseling so you can get help processing things afterwards.

That is all I can think of for now, anon. Feel free to reach out if you need someone to talk to.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.