[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dry skin on bottom lip
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault-1.jpg (46 KB, 480x255) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
46 KB, 480x255
Advice, how the fuck do I get rid of this dry skin on my bottom lip?
Even when I use Vaseline it comes back quickly. It's like the patches shouldn't even be there as my top lip is soft and smooth. Though this is probably my fault as I used to constantly bite my bottom lip as a kid.
Help.
>>
You're dehydrated. Drink a gallon of water a day.
>>
>>16805799
I've tried drinking more water but nothing. Also my top lip isn't dry so its not water.
Help.
>>
>>16805795
>drink lots of water
>lip exfoliater
>chapstick.
>>
burts bees is really good for this, but you have to keep using it
>>
>>16805803
Chapped lips only happen in dehydrated people.
Drinking one glass of water won't do it, especially if you are chronically dehydrated.
>>
Also, when you use vaseline scrub that shit off with a toothbrush. It might hurt at first but you need to exfoliate that dead skin off.
>>
>>16805832
Mate, my top lip is hydrated so its not a drinking problem.
Help.
>>
>>16805832
That's not totally true. It can happen from elements, allergic reactions, flu or cold. Though it doesn't help if you're dehydrated. But they can still be crusty as fuck.
>>
>>16805842
>>16805841
Google it.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
>>
>>16805841
my top lip is always more hydrated. i assumed its the way my lower lip is positioned and how i breathe.
>>
>>16805795
Lip balm: chapstick, Burt's beeswax, carmex, etc. Take your pick and see what works for you. My lips dry out from blowing my nose, and lip balm always works
>>
>>16805804
The brand Chapstick actually doesn't work. It doesn't allow moisture to be held, but instead offers only small amounts of relief. It could be different for certain people, but my recommendation is that you use Carmex. It's worked for years. >>16805795
>>
>>16805803
Get a 1L water bottle.
-Drink 1L during your morning routine
-Drink 1L before lunch
-Drink 1L between lunch and dinner
-Drink 1L after dinner

If you aren't drinking that much right now, then you aren't drinking enough, especially if you're in a place where it's cold enough to snow (or a dry climate). Your lips should get better in about a week.
>>
>>16805795
Wipe the cum off your lips. Don't let it dry in like that.
>>
>>16805795
Stop smoking crack.
>>
>>16805795

don't use vaseline you stupid fuck, use a product that contains wool grease. there are even medical grade chapsticks. talk to your doctor if you can't figure it out yourself.
>>
>>16805892
are you fucking dense? if OP consumes 5 liters of water in a day they'll suffer from hypervolemia and die.

OP, just drink 1.5-2L a day. no need to go past the normal recommended amount and even if you do, don't go past 3L. also try exfoliating with a really gentle sugar scrub/old toothbrush and moisturizing with something shea butter based. if it's just on your bottom lip, it could be a fungal infection or a localized allergic reaction/contact dermatitis. have you started using any new face products recently?
>>
>>16807226
I drink 5 liters of water a day and its why I feel so good.
The only thing youre not supposed to do is drink more than 1 liter in an hour which I do when Im exercising.
>>
>>16807248
Enjoy your cerebral edema
>>
>>16807226
I drink about 5 liters a day. It's entirely possible to do that and be fine. Especially if you live in a cold and/or dry environment.
>>
I have this problem too, I have big bottom lip if it matters. Drinking so much water I had to pee every hour didn't help.
>>
File: avon barksdale.jpg (35 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
avon barksdale.jpg
35 KB, 512x384
>>16807226
>someone actually believes drinking 5L of water a day will kill you
>>
I have the same thing OP. I have unusually red lips for a boy and one day a nigger girl on the the bus laughed at me so I started chewing on them to make them not so red. Quite the opposite happened. They're still red, but now I'm pretty sure they're permanently scarred from all the heavy chewing. I'm over it and haven't heard any shit about it for ages but the skin on my lips is shitty and it's always peeling. I've been meaning to ask the doctor someday.
>>
Use a lip exfoliator and a lip conditioner afterward. I'm sure there's a recipe for a sugar scrub for your lips online somewhere, and you can get a conditioner for 5 bucks
>>
Lip roastie
>>
>>16805889
I'm one of those certain people. I used to get chapped lips every winter until I started using Chapstick.
>>
>>16805795
Stop licking your lips
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.