[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What you eat matters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: images.duckduckgo.com.gif (26 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.gif
26 KB, 320x200
If I could get some advice (or links) on cooking and eating better/right that be nice. I recently became a lot more health consensus so I'm thinking of going a little vegetarian/organic like but I keep getting told its to expensive.
>>
>>16804257
Ask >>>/ck/
>>
>>16804257

Breakfast: Oatmeal, 2 eggs, vegetable.

Lunch: Rice/Buckwheat + chicken breast + vegetables or salad.

Dinner: Repeat lunch. Tuna, salmon, and beef are also acceptable.

Bananas, apples, almonds for snacks.

Ib4 /fit/ shows up with "Eat every 2 hours."
>>
You cant underplay how bad sugar is for you. Look at the amount of servings/grams on the back of your food labels before buying/eating it. On average a male should consume 36 grams of sugar a day (28 if your femanon). Avoid soda a can of soda has 40 grams of sugar and hurts your teeth. Thats all the advice I know. GL
>>
/fit/ here.

First thing is first, you're going to want make sure that you're eating every 1.5 hours, AT LEAST. Make sure to have a 12oz glass of milk alongside everything you eat. This will help because it will.

The next thing you need to lock down is protein. Protein is the most important vitamin in the universe, you need to make sure you're getting at least twice your body weight in grams, daily. Tuna ribs, chicken face, cow tits - all great choices.

Now that you're eating healthy, you'll want to make sure that all your effort is going to good use. Time to hit the gym.
>>
>>16804343

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

SAUNA
A
U
N
A

GOMAD
O
M
A
D
>>
>>16804343
Now that you're in the gym, it's time to hit it hard. Always start every training session with 5 sets of deadlifts. You need to be lifting heavy enough, that when you pull, you feel as though you are going to pass out and shit yourself simultaneously. Deadlift is the most important thing in the world, because when it counts, in the real world, lifting a large man by the waist to fuck him in the ass requires a lot of strength. Many have been unprepared and have fallen to this task.

Now that you've completed your dadlifting, it's time to fuel up. I personally like to resort to a trusty gallon of melted provolone cheese, but you'll find that peanut butter and cigarette butts work just as well, and provide that charry finish to really push you through your reps.

Next up, the fame and the big daddy pleasure factor - the barbell back squat!
>>
>>16804257

I'd actually advise that you learn how to cook *before* you try 'eating healthy', otherwise you're liable to make shitty food and end up thinking healthy food tastes like shit.

Learn some basic knife work and cooking techniques by following along with youtube videos. You should at least know how to cut an onion in several ways, how to dice different vegetables without maiming yourself, how to peel potatoes, grate ginger, operate hand and stand mixers, deglaze a pan, the order in which different types of vegetables cook, etc. Basically, learn how to do prep work.

Then, get a basic cook book or find a decent simple website. For veggie stuff, vegan stoner is pretty good since it's simple and tastes good:

http://theveganstoner.blogspot.com/ (you may want to start with the ones that look 'good' to you, since tofu can be terrible if you do it wrong and it takes skill to do it right)

Alternatively, you can search youtube for some very simple recipes and just wing it (stir fry is a good option, it's relatively easy and as long as you don't use too much oil it's intrinsically healthy). Or try and find someone who can cook to some degree (your mom? grandmom? aunt/uncle? co-worker?) and ask if you can help them in the kitchen. I did both of these and can cook fairly well.

Once you have a grasp on how to cook well enough that you can look at most cookbook recipes and think "yeah, if I'm careful, I can do this", then worry about making recipes healthier (takes tinkering) and on making healthy dishes or finding healthy recipes.
>>
Check /fit/ for food/recipe threads. A lot of stuff is obviously geared towards just highly efficient protein, but there's also a lot of general healthy substitutes and budget options floating around the place.
>>
File: 1428052210875.jpg (23 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1428052210875.jpg
23 KB, 480x360
>>16804266
This looks great to me. Cut out sugars where you can. Doing so will take self discipline and you will struggle.

If you struggle then you are making progress. If the struggle gets easier then up your goal to cut out more sugar or something else that is unhealthy like larger portions. Your self discipline is a muscle that needs to be worked. That is the only way it grows to be strong as iron.

Never hate yourself. Your goal is to remove guilt and shame from your mental self dialogue. Fight to keep it removed. Guilt and Shame are used by us to keep us from making progress. The part of ourselves that doesn't like what it sees in the mirror will be trying to use guilt and shame to cover it's tracks as it steers you back to bad old habits. Shame and self hate will be what blinds you when you binge or stop going on walks or do anything else that is self harming. Making choices that counteract your health goals is self harm. Don't shame or guilt yourself for going through that process. Breath deep and do your best to wait out that negative mode of thinking.

-from the mind of a depressed man who lost 170 lbs.
>>
>>16804488
What? Like actually what?

Cooking's just not that hard, dude, assuming you're cooking for yourself and don't care about presentation. I don't even own the equipment required to do half the shit you listed and I cook almost every night for myself and my girlfriend, pretty healthy stuff, and all false humility aside, it's generally pretty tasty.

1. What do you feel like eating tonight? Place it in a pot or a pan.
2. Add sauces and spices as desired. Experiment til you find the ones you like the most.
3. The stove should have been on this whole time.
4. Enjoy your meal.

All the shit you mentioned is well worth learning, but everyday cooking's just not that complicated, man. You can make something healthy and delicious with minimal skill and the simplest of ingredients. You're just going to scare people away from cooking with that attitude.
>>
>>16804260
/ck/ is pretty much a fast food circle-jerk, knife arguments, alcoholism threads, and dining experience threads. not a lot of cooking/diet advice to be had there...
>>
>>16804594

>You're just going to scare people away from cooking with that attitude.

see

>Alternatively, you can search youtube for some very simple recipes and just wing it (stir fry is a good option, it's relatively easy and as long as you don't use too much oil it's intrinsically healthy).

I mean, you're right in that cooking food like you mentioned isn't that hard (though you'd be surprised by how thoroughly someone can mess that up if they've never cooked before), but being able to do it well (knowing that you should't put onions and garlic in at the same time, for example) take a bit of tinkering or reading. Plus, what if he gets tired of the monotony? Just learning the technique to making a roux can let you make all sorts of sauces that you'd otherwise have to buy, for example, and gives you greater variation.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.