[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I achieve emotional catharsis?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: 1445382641684.jpg (182 KB, 442x650) Image search: [Google]
1445382641684.jpg
182 KB, 442x650
How DO I achieve emotional catharsis?

I've been arguing with some people. They're fucking dumbasses, but I've accepted that I can't get through to them.

But now I can't get rid of the internal tension that comes with it. I know I can't finish the job (since they won't listen to me) on a surface level, but it's different inside. I don't want to argue (and I don't feel the urge to) (I feel the exact opposite urge). I just want to get rid of this feeling and move on with my life.

What should I do, /adv/?
>>
>>16803264
Argue with people on the internet about pointless things
>>
>>16803280

That'll just increase the tension. I want the exact opposite of that.
>>
>>16803264
the only way is to "get through" to somebody thus releasing the tension.

Q: what were you arguing about?
Post your stance and see if you can convince someone here. shit should help.
>>
>>16803325

GamerGate. And whether or not it's a hate movement and whether or not Eron was really abused.

Like, it takes all of 5 seconds to look at the GG hubs and see they're not planning to harass women. And a few more minutes to see that The Zoe Post is just a warning from someone in an emotionally abusive relationship to AVOID THE PERSON WHO EMOTIONALLY ABUSED THEM.

This is SO EASY. But NO ONE will actually take to seconds to look any of it up. And won't even take the effort to look at the links I give them.
>>
>>16803457
hmmm still not convinced. where these links at?
>>
Fuck bitches.
>>
>>16803457

Are you talking about Zoe Quinn? I remember reading that thing. He was clearly emotionally abused by her, poor guy.
>>
>>16803465

Here's The Zoe Post: thezoepost.wordpress.com/

Here are the two biggest GG hubs:
www.reddit.com/r/KotakuInAction/
8 ch net/gamergatehq/
I'll say right now that they're off-topic a lot, but they're not making any efforts to dox and harass women

Also here's a neat little timeline video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEMdf8D0lfw

And check out http://www.deepfreeze.it/about.php if you get the chance. It's got a metric fuckton of data on it stored in there.

>>16803487

Yep. At least he got that gag order dropped, though now she's trying to spin it into him THREATENIIIIING HER into doing it even though what she did is clearly illegal.
>>
>>16803526
Stay on redditchan; stop spamming your irrelevant shit here

>videogame journalism
>>
>>16803538

But I thought we were getting through my emotional catharsis here.
>>
>>16803549
If you actually care about gamergate you have legitimate autism

Gameinformer and IGN aren't bastions of journalism its like complaining about the objectivity of onahole reviews
>>
>>16803549

I understand you, some of the stuff you read here and there about those topics can trigger you.

Best bet if not to care about all of this non sense and the sad fools that partake on it.

Its a dumb crusade and time is valuable!
>>
>>16803589

They suck, but when they start petitioning to censor your games and start succeeding, it's a cause for concern.

>>16803599

Wut?
>>
>>16803611

I am saying that you are an idiot for even wasting time on such things.

Idiots arguing with idiots, in other words.

Get your shit together and dont give a fuck about gaming journalism.
>>
>>16803611
videogames are shit now anyway

Nothing decent has came out in the past 3 years
>>
>>16803617

So it's okay when they band together to try and strongarm actually game developers?

Fuck that SJW nonsense.
>>
>>16803638
If you get "strong armed" by a bunch of women you should probably kill yourself
>>
>>16803638

No its not ok, and nobody really cares, at least not sane people.

Instead of complaining and arguing, get involved. If you love the medium that much, hell, instead of being the observer become part of it, start developing what you want to show the world, show them your vision of how things should be without the evil SWJ opression.
>>
What got you so quiet anon, I am still here
>>
>>16803641

>Implying women aren't dominant forces in social media
>Implying they can't use professional victimhood to their advantage

Tripfag pls

>>16803642

Funny enough, I am polishing up some ideas for a game I wanna make.

UNfortunately, I'm a lazy faggot and procrastinating on the art and coding aspect of it. Some day, anon. Some day.

>>16803668

Just reading some manga too. The newest My Hero Academia chapter's out and I'm hype about that.
>>
>>16803676
>caring about social media
>>
>>16803676

Imagine the things you would do if you didnt waste your time among idiots and arguing with them.
>>
>>16803688
>he writes ironically as he tripfags
>>
>>16803694

Hes right faggot, why the fuck do you care about socialmedia?
>>
>>16803688

>Not realizing the impact it can have when there's a generation of zealot children happy to drive someone to suicide just so they can pretend they're cute little heroes without having to get off their asses and put in effort.

>>16803690

I'd probably just fill my time with other things to procrastinate with. Such is the life of a lazy faggot.
>>
>>16803694
Nice argument

Keep failing at programming and blogging on redditchan and arguing with fat stupid women on the internet for 100% no reason and zero results

You really showed them; by being utterly useless
>>
>>16803702

Wrong anon, Trippy.
>>
File: ermey.jpg (39 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
ermey.jpg
39 KB, 600x400
>>16803707
you're all equally worthless
>>
>>16803711

As are you.

I must say, it's nice to be able to wallow in worthlessness without some retard arguing against it just to pretend like they're doing something good.
>>
>>16803720
The idea of worth leads to jealousy and contempt between humans

We are all worthless until we come together as a hivemind and make waifus real
>>
>>16803720

Thing is, I do understand you. And I know what you are going through.

You hate to procrastinate, just like I do. And you probably would like to do great things, like all of us.

But being distracted from the right path, and, again, taking part of a crusade of fools, just degenerates your views and goals more and more.

People, all people, are scum. Its best to stay away from them if you want to Do. Else, they will drag you with them to the bottom of the pit again.
>>
>>16803731
>>16803733

The delusions of grandeur are the worst part.

I like to believe that I'm super special and creative with my ideas. But I bet you dollars to donuts that no one would care and it wouldn't even be done half as well as I want.

>People, all people, are scum.

That I have to disagree with you on. There are some good ones. Though sadly they often become corrupted when trying to spread goodwill.
>>
>>16803761
>good
>evil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyond_Good_and_Evil
>>
>>16803761

And I disagree with you on your point.

People, you, me, are nothing but scum.

Theres levels, but it only goes down from there.

>But I bet you dollars to donuts that no one would care and it wouldn't even be done half as well as I want.

Then do them yourself, dude. I mean, I get ya and all, maybe you dont like to take on such a thing because it takes time.

But thats the key word. Time.

Everything takes more Time than you think. The delusion that theres time to make our dream is nothing but that.
>>
>>16803774
The great delusion is time itself
>>
>>16803785

Ebin views friend XD!
>>
>>16803773
>>16803774

I won't deny that the three of us here are scum, but I do know a few good people. And I hope those people make it on to do good things.

>Then do them yourself, dude.

That's what I mean. I wouldn't trust anyone to do them, but I'm no where as smart as I think I am to make them right. But the former sentiment outweighs the latter, so I'll be running it solo.

Granted I'm still writing down ideas. The combined number of pages from all the documents together is well over 50 (mostly dialogue; shit takes a surprisingly long time). It'd probably take a decade to even make the simple jobber I'm looking to do.
>>
>>16803787
Its not a view its a fact
>>
>>16803793

Ebin brah! LMAO!
>>
>>16803795
What's the point of this post?
>>
File: Anno.jpg (637 KB, 1175x1485) Image search: [Google]
Anno.jpg
637 KB, 1175x1485
>>16803791

>but I do know a few good people

Yeah, we all know some ''good'' people.
>>
>>16803795

U OK, Anon?
>>
>>16803861

We do, and I'd like to believe they are.

It's nice being able to trust someone.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.