[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When I'm around couples either on the street or at some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
When I'm around couples either on the street or at some social event I feel like shit about myself and inferior because I've never had a relationship or come close even though I'm in my early twenties

How do I not get depressed around couples?
>>
>>16803061
are you a guy or a girl? advice depends on gender
>>
>>16803061

you feel like shit because you're fantasizing relationships. You see all these couples around you and you just automatically assume that they're completely satisfied and happy and that they never have issues.

Reality ain't so bright. Couples fight. At least half of those couples you see will be broken up at some point, maybe sooner than you realize. Next time you feel yourself romanticizing some couple you pass on the street, stop and imagine them fighting over some stupid shit (which is what couples usually fight about), imagine them being miserable and imagine them breaking up. Because all of those things are probably going to happen soon.
>>
>>16803100
It's not about thinking that they're happy all the time it's about being unwanted, while they are wanted. I'm just trash

I'm miserable without any of the happiness that they get.

Imagining them fighting and breaking up doesn't make me feel better about myself

>>16803067
girl
>>
>>16803100
How cynical do you have to be to make a post like this?
>>
>>16803162
Do you actually have any idea how many relationships fail? The vast majority of the people you cross paths with every day will go through a handful of romantic partners before they settle down with someone.

Just because I understand that life isn't some rose-tinted fairy tale, does not mean I'm cynical. You'll find that out someday.

>>16803157
So you're just sad because you're not in a relationship. Join the club. You're not special. Stop looking for validation in other people and figure out what it is that you hate so much about yourself that you feel the need to whine about not being in a relationship.
>>
>>16803188
>Do you actually have any idea how many relationships fail? The vast majority of the people you cross paths with every day will go through a handful of romantic partners before they settle down with someone.
>Just because I understand that life isn't some rose-tinted fairy tale, does not mean I'm cynical. You'll find that out someday.
Yeah, but most people are happy most of the time while they're in their relationships. Their relationships may eventually end, but until that happens they're generally really happy. When OP sees couples out and about, they probably look pretty happy and that's because they are. Unhappy couples are the minority.
>>
>>16803188
It's not just because I'm not in a relationship, it's because I've never had a relationship ever, despite being this age. Almost everyone has had a relationship by my age, meaning that I'm inferior and unloveable.

I'm the opposite of special.
>>
>>16803061

>How do I not get depressed around couples?

Pretty much the only way I know is to be in one yourself, and even that's no guarantee. Feels gonna feel.
>>
>>16803061
OP are you pretty?
I mean, why do you think you have a hard time finding a relationship? It seems like being in one is a priority for you, so why not cultivate one and be happy in the achievement?

You're a girl, so it's easier than being a guy.
Smooth your rough edges (inside and out) and you'll be fine

BONUS: post a pic to see what youre working with
>>
Until you have a relationship you gonna feel this way
Like sex, you cannot be confortable talking about sex until you had some
>>
>>16803200
I didn't have my first serious relationship until I was 23. My boss didn't get married until he was 38. Age means almost nothing. Stop acting like there's a time limit.

>>16803201

Also this. Being in a relationship won't magically solve all of your issues.
>>
>>16803207
>Serious relationship

I haven't had any kind of relationship, serious or not, and I'm 25.

That must mean that I'm just inferior piece of shit.

>>16803202
My friends (including guys) tell me that I'm average in looks and while I'm not that pretty there's nothing wrong with me

I wouldn't know how to get a relationship
>>
>>16803247
Do you have a specific type of guy?
Do you know where that specific type of guy usually hangs/goes/resides/etc?
Can you smooth your edges so that average = polished average?
Can you set your expectations appropriately? (ie I deserve someone who is as charming as I am?)
Can you hold a conversation?
Can you force yourself to smile and appear upbeat? (no one likes to hang out with a sack of wet 'tatoes)

Can you learn to give yourself a break, cut yourself some slack, and realize that if you don't have what you want right now it's not the end of the world. As long as you have desire for what you want and are willing to formulate a plan and execute, you shouldn't shit on yourself.
>>
>>16803294
>Do you have a specific type of guy?
No
>Can you smooth your edges so that average = polished average?
I'm already polished average I wear makeup and lift weights and eat clean etc
>Can you set your expectations appropriately? (ie I deserve someone who is as charming as I am?)
I just want someone who's not diseased or a bad person
>Can you hold a conversation?
I think so
>Can you force yourself to smile and appear upbeat? (no one likes to hang out with a sack of wet 'tatoes)
Yes

>Can you learn to give yourself a break, cut yourself some slack, and realize that if you don't have what you want right now it's not the end of the world. As long as you have desire for what you want and are willing to formulate a plan and execute, you shouldn't shit on yourself.

The fact that no on has wanted me by my age means that I'm just inferior garbage, whether I eventually get a relationship doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of people my age are better than me. I'm just leftovers.
>>
>>16803306
shiiiiiiet
You sound like somebody i would fucking date
>>
>>16803312
Hah, what do you mean.
>>
>>16803322
>no specific type of guy
Implies you're open to new experiences and hopefully aren't shallow, which implies you may have a personality worth getting to know
>polished average
You're probably selling yourself short. most people don't have an accurate read on themselves. And besides, polished average sounds nice.
>Can conversate
Thank GAWD. too many people (guys and girls) just don't know how to hold a conversation. shit sucks, especially if you like to talk, which I do
>Can smile
Great! cuz hanging out with a sack of wet potatoes is indeed a drag

Cut yourself some slack, you seem cool. What else are you into?
>>
>>16803362
Obviously not that great if no one has wanted to be with me at the age of 25.

I'm into a lot of different things.
>>
File: nboo0mubsw.jpg (23 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
nboo0mubsw.jpg
23 KB, 500x300
>>16803398
>>
>>16803398

pls post pics OP
>>
>>16803398
the other thing to consider is that others were into you but were too puss puss to do anything about it. This is a common occurrence.
You tried dating sites?
BTW you sound perfectly dateable.
Care to share your pic?
>>
>>16803247
you whining little bitch, no one is going to want to be with you if this is the way you act.

BOO HOO I CANT FIND A BOYFRIEND EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE FOR ME IM THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD WITH PROBLEMS

that shit is grade-A dick repellent.
>>
>>16803510
This dude is negging
>C- for effort
>>
>>16803523
are you calling me a negger?

no but really this bitch is fucking dumb.
>>
>>16803061
Relationships are overrated. I miss the days when I was single and didn't have to give a fuck about some selfish dude.
>>
>>16803606
You sound selfish ass fuck
>>
>>16803645
That's not what my boyfriend says after his 1000th blowjob, while he's leaving me dry.
>>
Seriously OP, just live an awesome life and do everything that you want because before you know it, some random person will have an opinion on those things and will take up your time and money. Focus on yourself and enjoy this time to grow and invest in yourself. Become the best of you that you can be.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.