[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever regressed on your opinions of gay people? Lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 63778171.jpg (101 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
63778171.jpg
101 KB, 400x400
Have you ever regressed on your opinions of gay people?

Lately I've been kind of uncomfortable around my close gay friend. I just hate how he gets so touchy and is very open about his emotions. I don't know, something about it just really makes me feel anxious. I've also had dreams where he is doing gay stuff and in my dream I yell at him to "stop being such a fucking fag." It's been to the point where I even want to smack him upside the head for it. I feel awful I have those dreams because he's my friend, but at the same time I've discovered I just don't like gay people. It's weird, I came into college accepting gay people and near the end of it I"m just tired of dealing with gay people.

>inb4 sound like you're the gay one if you have the dreams

I don't think so. Repression comes out in different ways, so if I was gay I'd be having dreams where I"d be doing gay stuff in them. Instead I think the repression here is me getting angry and being cruel to him in my dream while in real life I"m trying my hardest to be tolerable and still hang out with him.

>TL:DR I wish my friend wasn't such a stereotypical gay.
>>
nigga u gay
>>
Op sounds like you are the one with problems.
>>
>>16802102

I think you're getting annoyed by this specific guy's actions and personality, your only mistake is applying those feelings to "the gays" as a whole. You're not obligated to be friends with every gay person you meet. You're not a homophobe just because you find this guy obnoxious. Just stop generalizing
>>
>>16802114

Nice Sherlock. Nice deduction, considering this is a board where people come to talk about their problems.

>>16802120
Yeah you're right. I guess it's just easier to lump the gays together and say they are all bad. I've just had a bad year with the gays.

I like my friend and he and me are close but it's hard for me to say "stop doing those things that gay people do" because he is sensitive. I don't like it when he leans his head on my shoulder, or when he pokes my sides and says he likes my fat (he likes bara or bearmode guys). Also he kissed me once on the forehead when I was drunk and I stayed over at his house.

It's just really easy to dislike all gays.
>>
>>16802188

Well shit man. I would never be touching my straight friends like that, objectifying them, making them uncomfortable. That's not even a "gay" thing it's a basic human respect thing. You should call him out on that and tell him not to do it anymore. If he annoys the shit out of you and disrespects your personal space, maybe you guys just aren't destined to be best friends.

Basically, not all gays are feminine stereotypes, and the stereotypical behavior annoys EVERYONE, even other gays. But comments like yours are a bit annoying. It's like a guy who gets his wallet stolen by one black guy and goes "aw the goddamn blacks!"
>>
>>16802232

It's hard not to make comments like these. Almost very gay person I've encountered I've had a bad experience.

Touchy gay guy.

Flamboyant gay guy.

Gay housemate who tried poisoning my roommates because he got tired of them telling him to do the dishes, pick up his trash, pull his weight in our household.

Can you blame someone for being prejudice to another group of people if all they've ever encountered were the bad specimens of their group?
>>
There's nothing wrong with gay people because they're not technically doing anything wrong;

However; being gay comes hand in hand with psychological issues or trauma. You might lump a lot of gay people together because let's face it- there's a lot wrong with them.

These are usually the people that do drugs, go clubbing or can't keep a proper / stable relationship.

There ARE people who do just like the same sex that have dealt with the mental illness aspect- but they are very rare.

TL;DR: Being gay is acceptable, but dealing with bad behaviour is not. You don't have to tolerate anyone who is obnoxious.
>>
>>16802268
>Can you blame someone for being prejudice to another group of people if all they've ever encountered were the bad specimens of their group?
But you haven't. You probably interact with gay people every day and you don't know it. Gays are just like everyone else; most of them are normal, a few are annoying or toxic.
>>
>>16802102
SERGIO NOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>16802285
>However; being gay comes hand in hand with psychological issues or trauma. You might lump a lot of gay people together because let's face it- there's a lot wrong with them.
>These are usually the people that do drugs, go clubbing or can't keep a proper / stable relationship.

Watch out- 90's stereotypes coming through!
>>
>>16802288
This isn't true. Gay people are quite rare still. They're also very obvious when they're not still deciding.
>>
It's funny how my college years made me less tolerant. Or maybe that was 4chan that did that.

>>16802288
Maybe there's one gay person at school who I'm fine with. But to be honest I don't know him on a deeper level other than just being acquaintances.

>>16802285
Yeah, probably that. It's just been a negative experience through my encounters. Maybe that'll change, but who knows. All the gay people I've met have no boundaries.
>>
>>16802294
I see you've never left the house
>>
>>16802295
>Gay people are quite rare still. They're also very obvious when they're not still deciding.
0/10 apply yourself

>>16802300
You cannot say you hate all gay people if you base your assumptions off of a handful of experiences with one or two gay people. You just sound very stupid.

>>16802301
Another 0/10
Troll harder
>>
>>16802268

I think everyone's prejudiced based on their own experiences, I'd be full of shit if I tried to say I'm not prejudiced. The important thing is that you can set it aside if you meet an exception. The truth is, you've probably known a few other gay people without even knowing they were gay. I don't try to keep it hidden, but I don't bring it up unless it comes up, and I've had coworkers and casual friends who knew me for over a year before knowing I was gay. I'm not trying to say "the good ones are closeted" or whatever because I'm not closeted, but if it isn't obvious in your voice/mannerisms, it's just really easy to let it be a non-issue sometimes.

I will honestly say though, that in my own experiences, pretty much all of the "flamboyant" gays I've met have turned out to be insane. I think most of them have awful relationships with their families and crappy childhoods full of bullying, so they turn out hating themselves, or hating everyone else, or both. So I can empathize to a certain degree, and recognize that I was very lucky by comparison. But I can't say your experiences were uncommon or unheard-of to me, and I can't blame you for getting a bit wary if people show certain behaviors.

But you're wrong to think it paints an accurate picture of the gay population as a whole. There's "the gay scene," and then there's everybody else that lives in the real world and maybe has a boyfriend instead of a girlfriend.
>>
File: Crippling_Demon_(Pi)_-_Priests.jpg (58 KB, 344x512) Image search: [Google]
Crippling_Demon_(Pi)_-_Priests.jpg
58 KB, 344x512
I live near Hillcrest and my employer recently tried to send me to San Francisco to work at the super bowl event.

THERE ARE ONLY GAY PEOPLE IN THESE LOCATIONS.

The fact that my dad is a unmarried alcoholic nigger who accidentally stuck his dick in a woman is the only reason why I am alive in these god-forsaken towns.
>>
>>16802320

I'm tired of the "We gotta accept everybody because we are all diverse and that's beautiful!" mentality. Is it not okay just to not like somebody because of conceineved prejudices?

Stereotypes exist because they are based on some truth.
>>
>>16802346
>I'm tired of the "We gotta accept everybody because we are all diverse and that's beautiful!" mentality.
no one in this thread has said that.
>Is it not okay just to not like somebody because of conceineved prejudices?
No, it's not ok.

>Stereotypes exist because they are based on some truth.
Stereotypes exist because of a PERCIEVED truth.
>>
>>16802320
See
>>16802322

Even the smart dude knows that flamboyant ones are bonkers. Unfortunately- that's 75% of them.
>>
>>16802357
No; I'm pretty sure it's true.
Gay people that are smart avoid the psycho ones.

Why do you think it's so hard to find a relationship as a gay person? It's a fucking struggle.

Even ways to find nice people like online dating are convoluted with people who's parents didn't love them enough.
>>
You have a constitutional right to hate gays. Just make sure you don't get caught discriminating against them on the job.
>>
>>16802368

I don't want to say "flamboyant ones are bonkers." I have one friend who's extremely flamboyant, works in the fashion industry, goes to the pride parade every year, but he's a genuinely great person. One of the smartest, nicest, funniest people I know. He's stereotypical but he picked the good stereotypes - he throws great parties, he helped me pick furniture, etc. But again, he was lucky enough to have very accepting, supportive parents like I did. So he turned out OK. He's got his shit together. Luck plays a huge factor.

But yeah. In my own social life, he's an exception. I've met a lot of the unlucky ones, too. And you can empathize all you want, but you can't let a crazy person fuck up your life or grope you and molest you just because their parents were assholes.
>>
>>16802374
>No; I'm pretty sure it's true.
That's just your opinion, which means shit.

>Gay people that are smart avoid the psycho ones.
PEOPLE who are smart avoid psychos, so I don't see your point.

>Why do you think it's so hard to find a relationship as a gay person?
>It's a fucking struggle.
It's no harder than it is for straight people.

Even ways to find nice people like online dating are convoluted with people who's parents didn't love them enough.
>>
Consider the reason that his openness ticks you off.

When people are irritated by others, it's because there's something in their behaviour that threatens you.

If you're bothered by his emotionality, I'm supposing there are emotions within YOU that you're not allowing yourself to be open about. The reason he ticks you off is that he gets away with something that you don't.

It may just be a good old case of projection, anon.
>>
>>16802869

I think he's ticked off because the guy touches him, hits on him, and objectifies him even though he's aware the attention is unwanted and uncomfortable. If a straight man was treating a woman this way, it'd be considered unacceptable behavior no question
>>
>>16802976
Ops problem isn't just with this one guy. He said he does not like gays in general. He is a bigot and a homophobe.
>>
>>16803168

I don't think he's a bigot, or even a homophobe really, just a bit ignorant. There's an important difference. He said he'd always been cool with the guy until he started touching him and disregarding his comfort zone. It's a bit dumb that his conclusion was "I changed my mind about gay people" rather than "I changed my mind about my creepy friend," but I think it's just a matter of a small sample group
>>
>>16803176
>I don't think he's a bigot, or even a homophobe really, just a bit ignorant. There's an important difference.
No, he knows. At the very least he is willfully ignorant, which is very different from being simply ignorant.

>>16802102
>I"m just tired of dealing with gay people.
>>16802188
>It's just really easy to dislike all gays.
>>16802268
>Can you blame someone for being prejudice to another group of people if all they've ever encountered were the bad specimens of their group?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.