[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop using alcohol as my main/only source of relaxation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: concept.jpg (68 KB, 400x500) Image search: [Google]
concept.jpg
68 KB, 400x500
How do I stop using alcohol as my main/only source of relaxation and recreation?

Also, is there a way to stop being excessively talkative? I literally never shut the fuck up.
>>
>>16800816
stop purchasing alcohol?

learn to listen. i have a friend that never shuts the fuck up. i can't get a word in, always interrupts. he catches himself interrupting me and apologizes and says "i really need to work on that, sorry man." it's fucking annoying. if you just want to jerk off to your own voice then make a vlog or something.
>>
>>16800821
I do listen, or at least I think I do, but nobody else ever seems to have anything to say. I don't interrupt. I don't know if I'm talking over anyone if nobody else is talking.
>>
>>16800816
That bird is cute as hell.

Maybe try and ask direct questions? "How do you feel about that". Then listen.
Maybe people like to listen to you? I'm a listener and I love it when the other is more talkative.
>>
>>16800832
I don't know. I'm always like "ok, this time I don't chat peoples' ears off" but always end up on a 3 hour lecture about covergent evolution.
>>
>>16800816
You need to substitute another activity or hobby whenever you feel like drinking alcohol. Whenever you get the urge to drink, just go do your other hobby until the urge goes away.

If you don't know what other hobby to start, try carpentry.
>>
>>16800849
How do I do carpentry socially?
>>
>>16800848
What expression do people have when they're listening to you? Does it feel like they want to desperately get away? Are they following what you're saying and giving input every now and then?
>>
>>16800863
how can I tell?
>>
>>16800928
By reading their facial expressions?
If that's too hard just ask, "sorry, is this boring?"
>>
>>16800940
I don't know how to read facial expressions that good. I'm mildly autistic. Hell, I have a few cousins I can only tell apart by the tattoos.

Is it socially acceptable to ask that? Would they tell me the truth?
>>
>>16800948
Ah, that makes it harder then. Most people can tell from social cues what a person really means but it's hard if you can't do that.
I don't know, man. You might need to look at a specific conversation guide for autistic people.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.