[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
addiction destroying life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: birdybird.jpg (663 KB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
birdybird.jpg
663 KB, 3840x2160
hey /b/, just wondering how many people are/were in the position I am in and what you would do to change it.

I am currently 24, and I have had a 4 year post at a respectable career that has a furture (programming), but I got to a point where I was sick with it. I was smoking weed from about 17 years old, and I have regretted that decision from when I was about 20 years old, yet I still cannot stop. I have now not smoked in 5 days, which is the latest in a long line of give up attempts and I always seem to relapse. I once managed 1/2 a year, but that was the longest by far. I resort to borrowing money and getting myself into a position I cannot afford rent. When I try to give up, I end up drinking more and when I stop that, I end up gambling. I have an addictive personality at the end of the day, but I have no idea what to do to stop it. I know I am destroying my life, but I want that to stop.

Anyone going/gone through something similar, please let me know! would be appreciated!
>>
people like you disgust me
>>
>>16800036
I don't know man. I smoked weed since I was 15. But since I finished first year of university, I smoked less and less, eventually I was only smoking two times per year.Then I had a crazy period when I smoked loads of weed everyday for 7 months, then I stopped out of nothing, cold turkey, without any problems at all. Now I will still smoke a joint from time to time, but only at a party with friends. Weed was never problem for me. And I find it the easiest drug to stop using. My criptonite on the other hand is tabbacco. I have a big problem with cigarettes...
>>
>>16800036
Just grow your own so you're not spending that much money. Problem solved.
>>
>>16800036
i am this guy>>16800057

I trully feel though what you wrote, I forgat to wrote that I also tend to drink a lot. But I like that too much to become addicted (meaning that I'd have to stop that completely)
I don't know you, so I cannot trully help you to find a easy solution. But I can tell you what worked for me though.
My advice for you would to find some other ''addiction'' for your comulssive personality. Get a job or profession that will make you feel happy and passionate about. Find a girlfriend. Start eating healty or training. Get a dog, or find some other inetrest. You don't have to stop completely, but make the list in your head of all the things that are wrong with your addiction to thc. Money, laziness, irresponsability, paranoia, stupid drug dealer, cops, anxiety that you suffer, lack of ambition, all the stoned up people you meet and smoking friends, that care more about that one shity joint than about you, or their life. Change you lifestyle. In the end it is just an another habit.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.