[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /adv/ how often do you, personally, feel the urge to go out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 16b.png (457 KB, 496x762) Image search: [Google]
16b.png
457 KB, 496x762
Hey /adv/ how often do you, personally, feel the urge to go out and socialize, or invite friends over for socialization?
I used to be a super introvert and spend most of my time alone or with my BF, occasionally going out to see friends of his. I've never had a large social network.
But lately I can't stand being by myself for more than a couple of hours. BF goes off to work, I do housekeeping and schoolwork and whatnot, then by around 5 PM I'm desperate to talk to people. Except people are usually busy, busier than me it seems.

TLDR how do I either enjoy my own company again or get people to come over more
>>
You're just an extrovert. So fuck you, basically. You people are exhausting to be around.

OK, that was a little harsh. Basically, dude, you've just gotta get out there and make more friends. There's no shortcuts, you just have to do it. If you try to pester your friends/boyfriend to constantly hang out it seriously will be exhausting for them.
>>
>>16799700
acquire hobbies
seriously. i have always been socially apt- many friends, well liked and respected, interacting easily with grills, etc. and id rather be at home 90% of the time doing things i enjoy than go out to party. id say maybe twice a month i go out to do shit, and i enjoy it most times, but i ultimately prefer solitude and saving my shekels. that, and drama just seems to increase exponentially as i get older, and i hate that shit passionately. and really, i partied a lot more in the past as a means to meet grills, and that is no longer necessary for me as i have amassed a decently long list of booty calls.
>>
>>16799700

I see people 4-5 days out of the week since I schedule a lot of meals with friends. Relying on your SO for your entire social support is risky since they can't always be around. You should put the effort in to finding other friends. Consider starting a social hobby or sport or volunteering.

>>16799719

Introverts also like and need socialization. You're thinking of people who are asocial, or just so socially retarded they can't interact with others. I'm an introvert, I get tired from social interaction, but I love hanging with with people. It just takes me more effort than it would for an extrovert.
>>
We all seek company and camaraderie.

Just because we die alone, doesn't mean we have live alone.
>>
>>16799700
I'm pretty in the middle. I like my alone time, but NEED to go out (outside of school/work) at least twice a week. Just learn your friend's schedules and squeeze out time to hang out. Try killing to birds with one stone: running errands, going to the gym, etc. with a friend. That helps when everyone's busy.
>>
>>16799846
I have no idea what you're trying to say to me; it's almost like you're replying to a different post. I'm using introvert in the correct sense, i.e. somebody who gains energy from socializing rather than being alone.

>I'm an introvert, I get tired from social interaction
If you can't stand being by yourself for more than a couple hours, then apparently not!

It's a spectrum, obviously. Everybody needs a certain amount of alone time & socialization. You used to be more on the "alone time" end of the spectrum, now you've shifted. So you need to make more friends.
>>
>>16800024
1st para should read "extrovert", obviously.
>>
I am not an extrovert. I only want to talk to people when I want something from them.
There has never been a moment where I've invited someone to hang out with me for no reason. If I don't get anything from you I don't care.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.