[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw university admittance decision comes in today of afternoon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
File: ohno.png (35 KB, 216x109) Image search: [Google]
ohno.png
35 KB, 216x109
>tfw university admittance decision comes in today of afternoon
I'm freaking out! If I don't get in my life is over!
>>
>>16799601
So what exactly do you need advice on?
>>
if you don't get in your life is most definitely not over
>>
>>16799619
how do i do it? how do i be as cool as you?
>>16799620
it most definitely is
>>
what's your backup plan for when you don't get in?
>>
>>16799633
nonexistent
>>
which university
>>
>>16799638
trying to dox me eh?
>>
>>16799635
What schools did you apply to? Which ones are your safety schools?
>>
>>16799626
Every night I drink whatever booze I can get my hands on and listen to Radiohead.
>>
And a few years later, you get out, and realize your friends who dropped out have better jobs and higher salaries than you.

In fact, they work at famous companies, and you end up with you "engineering degree" at some small family business with old men from 1950 as you bosses.
>>
>>16799645
>trying to dox me eh?
How could we possibly dox you just by knowing what schools you applied to? Even if they were all in the same US state, that only narrows things down to a state: not all that far, really.
>>
>>16799808
I only applied to one school
>>16799856
If all you wanted was a pay check then that's on you
>>
im going to hang myself
>>
>>16799933
Start applying to a community college in the area ASAP if you don't get in. A lot of universities tend to accept second year applications if you go to a community college there.
I know many people who did this. You made a mistake in applying to one university, but at least follow this advise to fix your mistake.
>>
>>16800076
I already have my two year degree
>>
>>16800082
Oh, well you're an idiot for not using any counseling resources. You're done with college for this year if you don't get in right now.
Start applying for jobs. HINT: don't apply to just ONE job. Try getting a certificate in something if you're so mopey about your decision not to apply to a safety school.
>>
>>16800095
what
i dont understand
>>
>>16800097
1. Get a full time job
2. Try taking courses for a certificate in something useful like statistics.
3. You should have known better than to apply to one school.
>>
>>16800107
1. Get a job
Why
2. Courses for certifact
What?

Your advice makes no sense. Why didn't I get in?
>>
>>16800113
A certificate means you're at least certified for SOMETHING. It means you can at least be employable.
You tell me why you didn't get in. You have given zero background. This thread doesn't even have a real question or backstory. You never even mentioned that you're two years in.
You're thread makes no sense OP, I highly suggest you try to get your shit in order.
>>
>>16800128

what does being certified even mean?
i thought if you had your two year degree you were guaranteed into a state college
>>
>>16800135
First of all that's not how it fucking works. They accept whoever the hell they want. You should have applied to more.
And you need to look into certificate programs for community colleges. You can get certified in a certain subject with a few courses focusing there, and you'll have a much more employable resume. Hell, you could try doing a bunch of CS certificates online if you study yourself and pay for the tests.
>>
>>16800147
why is that not how it works? that's fucked up
>>
>>16800135
No colleges hate transferring students. If you were starting from scratch with a high amount of community service and good sat score you would be guaranteed.
Did you tell them you were trying to spend 4 years there and not transfer.
>>
>>16800173
i did have a high amount of community service and a good sat score
i applied as a regular student and let them know i was also graduating with my AA
>>
my life is over
im 18 and ive wasted my entire life
time to become the neet hikki i was always born to be
i was raised on 4chan
molded by it
the closest thing i had to a paternal figure was the various 4chan posters who put up green text stories
i remember reading about neets and hikkis
"ill never be like that"
but then i slowly grew into one
this new latest failure is just further proof that i am nothing
>>
haha teehee
>>
YAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
KIDIDIDIKDICKIDKCIDK
HAHAHAHAHAH OH MAN Y EENUS LOOOOSES LOOOSERS LOOSSSSESSS LOOOOOSSES LOOOSE LOOOSER LOOOSE LOSER
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSER
YAJAO!
>>
Haha oh baby
>>
limp
>>
I'm fucked
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.