[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously, this double standard needs to end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-02-12-09-56-44.png (224 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-12-09-56-44.png
224 KB, 480x854
Why is this considered common in relationships? (included in my own) any advice on how to put an end to this without breaking up?
>>
>>16798632
You can't.

Dump her. Find someone more like you. Fuck. Marry. Breed. Divorce. Bankruptcy. Die.
>>
>>16798632
If a girl has lots of guy friends and no girl friends, it means she's not girlfriend material.

There's a serious problem if the only people who want to talk to you are people who also want to fuck you. It means her personality is shit and she enjoys the attention and will likely cheat.

If she's hounding you over this, just dump her ass already.
>>
>>16798632
There is no way to reasonably discuss this issue with a woman. She wants you secured while she has backups in case the relationship goes sour. Either you keep your female friends on the low or you break up with her and find someone who is willing to let you have those friends.
>>
File: 1319109895889.png (334 KB, 551x550) Image search: [Google]
1319109895889.png
334 KB, 551x550
>gf has mostly guy friends
>frequently texting or hanging out with male friends
>yours truly texts a girl on a professional matter
>she gets mad

How do I deal with this sort of thing guys? Seriously this shit makes me so fucking mad it's not funny.

There's more too:

>gets mad whenever I look at or comment on another girl
>claims it's wrong and she never does that and doesn't notice other guys at all
>whenever she notices some innocent peculiar thing about someone that someone is a handsome guy
>whenever she makes a bitchy comment about a someone that someone is an attractive girl

It goes on and on.
>>
>>16798632
Talk to her like an adult. I swear I'm repeating myself a lot today.
If she can't see where you're coming from, I think breaking up would be the best option. Either she's incredibly stupid,doesn't care about what makes you uncomfortable, and/or likes the attention. All of which are major red flags.
>>
>>16799091
I'm sorry, are you an alien? Have you ever met or been intimate with a woman?

"Talking" will accomplish exactly nothing. Temporary peace at best. If the woman is not a retard she will agree with you, and seemingly realise the error of her ways, but her actions will either remain the same or go back to it in due time.
>>
Women (some, at least) only do this when they don't fear you dumping their asses for being childish.

It sucks to have to base a relationship on fear like that, but the alternative is her being a complete hypocritical asshole.
>>
>>16799108
>If the woman is not a retard she will agree with you, and seemingly realise the error of her ways, but her actions will either remain the same or go back to it in due time.

And these are the best case scenarios. Worst case she'll keep on doing her thing, hide it from you, and top it off with a decrease in respect due to the display of insecurity and weakness through "talking".

captcha: quincy dr
>>
>>16799108
Read my name.
>>
>>16799124
Ah. Get off the thread, you have nothing of value to add.
>>
>>16799121
>>16799108
>>16799086

Jesus guys, what kind of females do you deal with that do this shit.
>>
>>16799132
Yeah, being in a successful relationship which only got this way through talking about shit means I have nothing to add.
I don't get you guys, I legitimately want to help and all you want to do is shitpost it seems.

OP, talk to her like a fucking man and tell her to cut the shit. If she puts up a fight or doesn't stop dump her. It's the best advice I can give.
>>
She doesn't trust you and respect you. This relationship is doomed. You need to make her respect you. Just ignore her threats and tell her her fears are irrational. Be consistent and take the lead. If she doesn't trust you and respect you, a relationship will never work.
>>
>>16799134
all of them?

I know you do the same thing. Nobody here is claiming it's "intentional" or even that women are capable of self-awareness. It's just a fact of life.

>oh baby no you don't do that you're special
>>
>>16799140
You may be the .01% of women capable of rational thought and self control but most of them are just emotion guided robots. Count yourself lucky.
>>
>>16799147
I'm not claiming to be perfect. I've done shit but the difference is my boyfriend didn't cry to 4chan. He told me to fucking stop or he was out.
Obviously I chose the former.

That's all my bf has ever had to do. "hey, babe, that makes me uncomfortable". That's it. I stop doing whatever it is and then we talk about why I did it and why it made him uncomfortable.
It's not rocket science. Like I said, if your girl puts up a fight she's not worth it.
>>
>>16799157
>Jesus guys, what kind of females do you deal with that do this shit.
>oh I guess I do it too

rofl, right. like there's no recidivism in your relationship? Women are incapable of it. The only way to control a woman is in fact, to make her fear getting dumped. What a shitty thing to base a relationship on, thanks women.
>>
>>16799157
>That's it. I stop doing whatever it is and then we talk about why I did it and why it made him uncomfortable.

well I'm glad you accede to every demand your boyfriend makes on you without question then
>>
>>16799179
You're misunderstanding. Everyone of both genders mess up in a relationship sometimes. I was talking about how everyone was saying that it's impossible to talk to women.

Mostly - "Worst case she'll keep on doing her thing, hide it from you, and top it off with a decrease in respect due to the display of insecurity and weakness through "talking"

That's just fucking... disgusting for anyone to do.
>>
>>16799190
You don't get it. He didn't talk to you. He threatened to dump you and your gave in. That's the only way to talk to women sadly.
>>
>>16798632
It's not a double standard, my boyfriend did that when we started dating. It's insecurity and you'll need to get her to deal with her own insecurities and reassure her that there isn't anything going on, if she refuses to trust you it might be best to end it.
>>
>>16799183
I don't have a shitty boyfriend who abuses that and who respects me. If he did, I wouldn't be in a relationship with him.

For instance, he doesn't like that I go on 4chan. Obviously I'm still on it. We talked about it and we realized that while he doesn't actually like it, I'm not going to stop doing something I do in my free time because he's only mildly off-put by it.
I'm talking about serious things like talking to an ex, etc.
>>
>>16799198
No, there have been other things that bother him but he didn't threaten to break up with me over. There have been things that I continue to do, like go on 4chan.

Anything serious that continually hurts the other person or makes them question your loyalty should be stopped immediately.

I feel like everything I say gets twisted. Sorry if I'm coming across a certain type of way. And I'm not trying to say that my way is definitely the right way. It's just what works for my relationship.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.