[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Decisions, Decisions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: IMAG0282.jpg (1 MB, 1520x2688) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0282.jpg
1 MB, 1520x2688
Well it's a long story but I'll try to get the jiffy out in a short version.

So, about a year ago I moved from my home town, left everything behind: friends, family, apt and all my stuff.. I brought only a single bag of clothes pretty much.

Anyways I moved because I got this awesome fuckin' job here, I worked there for 8 months on a "tryout contract" with 3 others. When it came time to upgrade the contract into the regular " full time position", unfortunately I wasn't picked :/.

So I found a different job.
It sucks! (long story) but it pays very well. Well enough to get life back in progress, get my own place here, start to re-buy some of my stuff (the list can be made long).

But as I said I really fuckin' hate my current place of employment.
As this is going down my old awesome employer has offered me to come back on another tryout contract.
The thing about the tryout contract is that it doesn't pay much at all so if I go back my plans of getting a place of my own and investing in some stuff will get pushed back for another year atleast, and if I don't get the contract upgrade I'm out of work!

>I moved here for that job, I still want that full-time contract with that employer, but I'm sick of just having a bedroom and minimal stuff, like my days are just work>YouTube>work>YouTube>over and over.

What do I do here?
>>
How old are you?
>>
>>16798264
I'm 26
>>
>>16798266

If I was you, I would stay with the current job and just work my butt off.

Will there be promotions for you within that 8 months with your current job?

You're risking losing a better paying job with the chance of getting a job you like to do although pays less.

What don't you like about your current job? Boss? Co-workers? The job itself?
>>
>>16798275
Well, it's pure chaos.
Boss is one of those always keeping tabs on you.
We have 0 support personel so we're expected to do everything from ordering parts to weld, electrics, pneumatics, paper work... Everything!
We're way to few technicians (4, should be atleast double) and we're expected to keep all the machinery running like it should, 24/7=I rarely get to take my breaks when I should or even at all sometimes.
We don't have any type of technical boss either wich is wierd, my boss is also bossing over production and don't know shit on how the machines work.
There's also "the pyramid of priority" they're always talking about.. "Safety>Quality>Production" has no point cause as soon as a machine breaks down those priorities go's to hell in a hogcart: production is all that matters.
>>
.....How much experience do you currently have?
>>
>>16798427
As a technician about 6 years
>>
>>16798478
Like just now... My boss sends me a task to do some plumbing??

I am a machine engineer!
Why do the technicians here do everything?
Ventilation and plumbing, neither is fixing broken locks or hang up signs... I swear that sometimes they make tasks up just to keep us busy.
Everywhere else you have: machine techs (me) and supporting staff: plumbers, ventilation people, janitors take care of stuff like broken doors but here... 4 guys does everything!
And there is no end of problems that needs fixing.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.