[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First date ideas?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n2ciag2PbX1qj4315o1_500.gif (444 KB, 500x213) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n2ciag2PbX1qj4315o1_500.gif
444 KB, 500x213
I've been out of the loop for quite some time and there's this girl.

We'll be going out this Saturday afternoon until evening and I don't have any plans yet. We live in a big city that's heavily congested with traffic and we live quite far.

Will a simple dinner be enough? Is it better to be near her place though I am not familiar around her place?

What do?
>>
Any help?

I'm thinking of picking her up near her place and driving to a dining place where I now and go for a walk around there after dinner. Then ice cream. I'm just going to take it casual so that we can talk and get to know each other.
>>
>>16797551
Afternoon until evening...maybe go walk in a park, ice skating (may/may not be an option depending on climate where you are), just **do** something with her to give her a fun memory to associate with you. Then I would go get drinks before dinner, have dinner, maybe ice cream or another drink at a different place (quiet lounge/bar where you can talk maybe?) afterward.
Search for cool restaurant somewhat close to where she lives (~15 minute radius from her home). Don't pick her up and then drive 45 minutes in a car to go get dinner. Keep the night moving along.
Also if you plan on doing ice cream, don't take her to a dinner place where the servings are very large--maybe a tapas place instead. You both might fill up on food and not be interested in dessert.
>>
Miniature golf
>>
>>16797611
>ice skating (may/may not be an option depending on climate where you are)

I live in a tropical country so it's not an option aside from the malls that have ice skating rink. But yeah maybe that's an option in the next dates.

>just **do** something with her to give her a fun memory to associate with you

That's what I'm thinking as well. I'm thinking of activities such as going to a museum or even a park but its far out from her home. With that...
>Don't pick her up and then drive 45 minutes in a car to go get dinner.

Man that's my problem. With the traffic in this city especially during weekends, it will probably take us at least an hour in the car after I pick her up in order to go to a place that can give her a "fun memory".

I'm confused man. If only she lives near me...
>>
>>16797631
All good. We can work with it.
If it's that congested of a city, you might end up just doing an activity+dinner close-by, instead of the whole thing I described. Parks are cool, go walk around one of those and focus on just being in the moment and getting to know her. The dinner doesn't have to be a jaw-dropping experience. My wife just likes when I pick interesting places: sushi, farm-to-table, outdoor dining, places that are known for their awesome cocktails, etc.
Maybe if there is a new restaurant somewhere over closer to her place that she hasn't had a chance to go to, take her there.
>>
>>16797653
>Maybe if there is a new restaurant somewhere over closer to her place that she hasn't had a chance to go to, take her there.

Well yeah I decided to take her to a somewhat close art gallery. She said she would love to go to one. Then we'll have dinner nearby and probably talk to each other along the way. The only problem is there are no more places to go after dinner that kind of looks like a park or a place to hang-out. A coffee shop would be nice but yeah it is always full.
>>
>Will a simple dinner be enough?
don't dinner!! just have drinks, and decide then and there whether you may have dinner.
dinner sucks cause there's no touching, you're stuck and talking is awkward with food in your mouth. it can be fine, but don't plan that beforehand. Since she lives further away you may want to have some food, but don't hang your date up around it, like keep some good places in mind and be like "hey are you getting hungry? i know this nice place a few blocs from here...."
like don't send the message that you were certain you'd like her cause you are a beta who'd settle for every womyn, you're just getting to know her and if you're still enjoying eachother when it's dinner time you "just happen" to know a nice place.

>Is it better to be near her place though I am not familiar around her place?
neutral terrain (no-ones home or hangout), though it's generally best if you take her to some places you know.

>Afternoon until evening...maybe go walk in a park, ice skating (may/may not be an option depending on climate where you are), just **do** something with her to give her a fun memory to associate with you.
walk trough city/park and a drink allways works for me
>>
Perhaps a carpentry class?
>>
>>16798162
Stop
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.