[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
False sexual harrassment claims
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1253079575736.jpg (67 KB, 821x652) Image search: [Google]
1253079575736.jpg
67 KB, 821x652
So /adv/, here's a thread for those of us in the working world.

There is this lazy bitch at my job who regularly takes 30 minute breaks ( we are only supposed to get a 10 ) . To make a long story short I called her out on it and now her breaks are being monitored by upper management.

For the past 2 weeks, she has been extremely butthurt and passive aggressive towards me for calling her out for being a lazy shit. I now come into work today and find out she has made a sexually harassment complaint against me that is pretty much 100% bullshit. Fortunately for me they haven't taken sides and I still have my job, but seriously this is fucked.

So now I come with a few basic questions:

1. I live in a right to work state. If they decide to fire me I am well aware there isn't much I can do, BUT how hard would it be for me to file a defamation charge against lazy bitch?

2. Part of it right now is just dealing with the anger. I knew she didn't like me and I was JUST thinking yesterday about how fucking annoying it would be if she decided to seek petty revenge by making false accusations. I'm just pissed at how disgustingly predictable her actions are. Like I am not even fucking surprised.

3. Seriously, what do?
>>
>>16797535
>defamation charge
luckily, the parameters for a company firing you to cover their ass and getting a criminal charge are vastly different. if you can get a competent lawyer on retainer, you should be able to levy either a criminal or civil suit against her. if you get sue-happy, you could try to take your company on, but that's an uphill battle
>anger
as satisfying as it would be to retaliate against her, it would be the final nail in your coffin: regardless of your innocence. limit your time around her and don't speak about the claim to anyone except the following: the investigative personnel (i.e. managers, 3rd party affiliates), your lawyer, anyone you can speak to in confidence who won't spread it around.
>what do
get a legal consult and keep your mouth shut. worst case: you're fired and this bitch keeps getting her breaks monitored. best case: this all blows over with no reprimand
>>
>>16797578
I'm probably too poor to afford a decent lawyer.
>>
Well what was the details of the harrassment complaint?
>>
>>16797535
that is what you get for giving children too much power in society now they are taking advantage of us.women are untouchable because chivalry still exits and they are protected by so many laws.
>>
>>16797600
Random vague bullshit that is nearly impossible to disprove. I'm "Following her around", "staring at her boobs in a derogatory way". "Trying to grab her ass" ( Note she didn't say I actually did, just that I am "trying" to ). And other various similar bullshit.
>>
>>16797588
you better hope your employer is a misogynist then
>>
Pro tip: Don't worry about what other people do at work unless it directly impacts your production like if you're working in a group or on a project together. If that was the case in your situation. It's still best not to mess with it, because as you can see this is what happens when stir up shit. Even if you were in the right, it doesn't mean the right thing is going to happen.

>source
>I've been working for almost 15 years
>bullshit jobs and professional jobs
>peon work and management
>>
>>16797636
>unless it directly impacts your production like if you're working in a group or on a project together.

OP here.

I know what you are saying about not stirring shit, but unfortunately this is exactly the case. She works with me a two others during the evenings to ensure a certain project needs to be done on time, and her long ass breaks have been resulting in me having to do both my work and her work in order to not be late.
>>
>>16797646
I know it sucks and it's not fair, and some may say you shouldn't pick up the slack for other people because it makes you a pushover or a bitch. But trust me, no matter where you work you're always going to deal with some lazy person like this, and it's best to just not worry about it and do your job and some if you have to. You'll eventually get your dues but if you get laid off or have to quit you never will. Unless you work for some shit company that doesn't care about it's employees, in which case you should find a better job, but the right people will notice the work you put in if you work for a good company.

If your company decides to really pursue this they'll most likely ask you to resign first and save face, on your part and theirs, and if you refuse then they'll continue with whatever charges she claims. It'll be wise to just quit if given the option.
>>
going to need to bait her into saying something in writing, but not say much in writing yourself.
>>
You can possibly talk to HR just to make sure that they know that this complaint only happened because of your complaint. In either case, your only real choices is to figure out how to get her fired or start looking for a new job because she or anyone else on her side will be attacking you now.
>>
Its such bullshit that women have the upper hand in this.
>>
Go to your manager and lay out the situation. Tell him or her you aren't comfortable working alone with her as you're afraid of retaliation in the form of false harassment charges.

If you can't be reassigned, ask that she not be assigned to work with you without another party present.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.