[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you do when you're in the second semester of your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
What do you do when you're in the second semester of your freshman year, your professors consistently tell you that you write at a graduate level but you keep doing poorly in classes that rely on memorization rather than concepts? Am I just not meant for college?
>>
You're meant to get close with a few classmates who help keep you afloat in exchange for the positive effect that exposure to you has on their classwork.
>>
Adopt an Asian father, he will give you the drive to study more and get better grades.
>>
>>16797177
Really? I'm autistic so what do I do to get along better with people?
>>
>>16797183
I study all that I can. I just can't memorize well-- I'm very good at memorizing words though and abstracting them in a way that makes my writing very good. Like... history is a nightmare. Biology is a nightmare. It all just goes in one ear and out the other. I just don't understand why I can't grasp these things while I'm apparently producing writing at a graduate level even if I've only been in college for several months. I've always had this problem though, but college is much more demanding so it is catching up. The only reason why I'm so good in all of my English classes is because I can memorize all of the theories in a very conceptual manner, then I read the story and run with it and make it as abstract as I want it so long as it follows a logical structure, which it does. My professors say they learn from me (???).
>>
>>16797223
Like... I can connect so many otherwise unrelated artifacts and then relay it through writing. It would only follow that I'd be able to conceptualize academic subjects in the same way but... It's almost like I can't grasp anything I didn't create myself. It's just very exhausting and I honestly feel I would fare much better in a project-based learning environment. I just don't understand why others are able to excel in this environment while I'm lagging.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.