[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I only get nervous/anxious around a group of friends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: talking shit.jpg (71 KB, 650x401) Image search: [Google]
talking shit.jpg
71 KB, 650x401
I don't have problem talking one on one, I don't have problems talking with a group of people that I don't know, but when it come to my "friends" I don't feel well around them, I feel anxious after we hang out I don't feel happy but just that bad feeling of anxiety. Does that mean I don't see them as my friends? Should I talk with them or seek counselling?
>>
You feel nervous when you're with the group? Or after?...

In the first case, you should seek counselling. It could be social anxiety, although I'm saying with little to no information on it.

In the second case, it could be you don't see them as close friends, yes. But it could also be that you are now alone, and their company gave you safety, and now its gone...

Either case, you can experiment with it. Hang out with other people, how do you feel?...

Counselling is not a bad idea, either way, but I say that to everyone! Shit done wonders to me.
>>
>>16796943
I don't feel really nervous when I'm with them, just a bit, but after is like that feeling when the drug is starting to kick in and you are all like "well, shit", I'm now feeling like shit, for hangin out with my friends.

I don't have another group of friends to put this matter in perspective, but as I said, any other group of colleagues I feel okay.

I might have a psychological impression of my friends that I have gone beyond some limits for them and that they don't seem to be the ones that would do the same thing for me. Maybe I'm afraid to admit that I have shitty friends, and I don't want to be alone.
>>
>>16796985
You could be right, yes. But just because they haven't done wonder for you doesn't mean they won't, or they don't want to.

But I don't want to send you down that road. You should be responsible for your own well-being. You shouldn't expect people to throw themselves at danger for you, you should be grateful to those who do.

Maybe you are expecting too much from them or from yourself.
>>
>>16796943
>>16796985
I might sound like a little bitch, but I don't see them appreciating my friendship, not that I am a super duper friend, but I was there for them when the others weren't and I think that this is a pretty much big deal, but maybe I'm wrong, I'm overestimating my friendship, maybe I am the shitty friend.
>>
>>16797001
>Maybe you are expecting too much from them or from yourself.
Yeah... I am that kind of retard. I am like friendship all the way, or total indifference. I have one friend, though, that share this same line of thought with me, he cares about me and he is very respectful, but he isn't from that same group.
And I don't particularly miss most of them when I'm apart from them, I miss to spend time with them, but the pros and cons are not favourable for them. I don't know if I should cut ties, or just avoid group meetings, and just meet with one or two
>>
I think you should find the "FUCK IT" buttom on your life keyboard...
What I mean is they are your circle... why deny yourself the experience? You know it's not that deep of a friendship, yes, but it's something. Enough to make you try to 'fix it', so it has importance to you.

The way you are talking makes me inclined to the 'seek counselling' option. It seems that this problem hasn't got it's roots on your friends.
It might only be the tip of the iceberg.
>>
>>16797034
I also think that the problem isn't on them, but in how I see friendship and how they see friendship. And our ways don't match, we aren't compatibles as friends, well I'm not compatible with them since all the rest get along quite well, I feel like I'm left out.
>>
>>16797082
See? You know that it goes beyond them.
You seem melancholic bro... You are touching a deep feeling within you. The 'left out' feeling.

You are not left out, at least from what you told me, they aren't your BROTHERS IN BLOOD, but they are your friends. Being left out is more like being ignored.

Anyway, I guess counselling would do you wonders too. Try not to dwell on those left out thoughts, although we all feel it eventually, you might end up attracting it to you.
>>
>>16797108
You are right, thanks for helping me!
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.