[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Paying for holiday with gf and family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: 13295286309572.jpg (940 KB, 2576x1920) Image search: [Google]
13295286309572.jpg
940 KB, 2576x1920
So for a while now gf and her family have invited on holiday with them, and offered to pay for my hotel and I'd cover flights which is fair enough seeming as I'd be bunking with their daughter in more than one way. Her brother recently decided he can make it on this holiday and her parents decided to cover his whole holiday (It's a complicated situation where her parents get money every 5 or 6 months and her brother is in fulltime work). So now I have no idea how much I'm having to pay towards this holiday. It's €1300 per person and I could barely afford the flights with budgeting myself very carefully until July. I know I just need to wait until they say how much I owe but now my gf (who doesn't work either) has offered to pay out of her limited savings to cover what half of the total bill as my birthday present. I'd rather she spent much less on something small and sentimental that I can keep rather than bankrupting herself to bring me on holiday with them. What do I say to her? As much as I'd love to go, I honestly expected a lot less to pay and I don't want to rinse out my gf's bank account to go. help
>>
>>16796702
I'd just tell her that while you'd love to go on holiday with them, right now it doesn't make financial sense.

If you guys are very serious, you could even tell her you want to start spending more wisely in anticipation of having a family one day.
>>
>>16796769
Yeah I want to go less and less with how much money this is going to cost. We're both students and I'm a little immature so no family for a while and even if I said that I don't think she'd buy it. but I might try and say that I don't think I can afford it right now, to her it will just come off as I don't want to come since she if offering to relieve the financial strain from me.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.