[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you have conversations with people?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Totally_embarassed.gif (1023 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Totally_embarassed.gif
1023 KB, 500x281
Call me a retard or an autist or whatever. But I have a really tough time having conversations with people. I can do humor very well, but my conversations never have any depth or length. I don't think I have ever "connected" with a person (or whatever that means).

It, however, seems like conversation and socializing (especially with strangers/new people) comes naturally to most...It's frustrating. I have never had hour long conversations or stayed up all night on the phone talking to a friend. 99% of my conversations last less than two minutes, then the person walks away or leaves.

So /adv/

>How do you talk to people in a casual social environment?
>Are there any strategies or general approaches that most people use?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
>>
File: cute.gif (2 MB, 257x210) Image search: [Google]
cute.gif
2 MB, 257x210
B-bump?
>>
If you want to talk to people, you need shit to talk about. Politics, music, other normie shit.
>>
>>16796582
Deep, real talks require interest and for you and ideally your partner to be interesting and interested in you.

You can force deep talks, you'll sound like a philosophy teacher.

It flows. Yes, it's gay but its true. Deep convos flow because you are sincerely trying to understand that person's view and what not.
>>
Hi!
So... There's this book from Dale Carnegie that's about making friends and dealing with people. Read it!

I'll give you some advice here anyway:
People like to talk about themselves, their lives... The best way to make a conversation long is to make the person talk about what she/he likes.
"How do I do that?" You say. "Well" i answer "you need to be INTERESTED in what they have to say. If you are, you will ask them about it, or make comment about it, and that makes the person more likely to keep talking."

You can make questions about their childhood, or general sucess times they had. A good thing to avoid too much questions is to make them without using an '?'.
Again you ask me "How???"... Simple, use assumption. Per say: The person says he just graduated, you say "You look like the law student type of person" instead of "which subject did you study?".
Nothing wrong with questions, but it becomes an interview if used too much, not confortable at all.
Learn to listen, and you'll have bigger conversations and eventually you'll get questions for you, and you'll tell them about your life. Hope it helps, bro!

Don't forget the book! It's awesome.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.