[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've been texting a friend about my depressive episode,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: letitgo.jpg (95 KB, 700x379) Image search: [Google]
letitgo.jpg
95 KB, 700x379
I've been texting a friend about my depressive episode, and they've been kind of flippant about it. I realize now, I'm obviously not making myself clear about just how serious the situation here. How do I tell them that my complaints aren't just the everyday bitching they've appeared to be?
>>
May be better off seeking the help of someone more willing to hear you out.
>>
>>16795906
Let me say it for him: Shut up. You've made it through all your episodes before, and you'll make it through this one too. You're clearly talking about this for attention, just like your creating this thread for attention.

His validation won't fix anything. What exactly do you expect him to do? What is his empathy going to do for you? What are you doing that is of any benefit to anything except your fragile ego? Talk to a psychiatrist if you need help, pusihng it on your friends is just mean-spirited.
>>
what exactly are you asking of them? Don't start shifting blame onto your friends for your own depression; people have their own emotional lives to worry about and can't usually shoulder the weight of someone else's problems (especially since they have little they can do to improve it). As a depressive myself, let me tell you - don't drive your friends away by asking too much.

Why don't you tell anon what's been bothering you?
>>
>>16795906
Essentially, what's a polite way to say "Why the fuck aren't you returning my texts?? I'm hurting so bad right now!"
>>
>>16795930
okay, here

>hey I'm sorry for bugging you about my shit, really I just wanna talk. How are you doing, what's been up with you lately? Miss you bro.

and then don't whine about your shit for once

also: go outside and get some exercise
>>
>>16795906
Do you feel this depression regardless of circumstances or do you feel this way because something bad happened to you?
>>
>>16795906
Regular people aren't equipped to handle this sort of thing. You need to speak to a professional.

There is no reason for you to keep reading any more posts in this thread.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.