[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1454280702534.jpg (73 KB, 736x698) Image search: [Google]
1454280702534.jpg
73 KB, 736x698
How do you personally go about hitting the reset button in your life?

This includes the more grand life-changes and also just getting yourself together and back to being "you"

I just feel so...at odds with myself
Maybe it's too much 4chan on the brain but I just don't feel right
I need to refresh, recharge and renew

So far I'm thinking about moving everything I don't absolutely need out of my apartment, maybe trying some new things

What do you do?
>>
You need to get out of the basement, off the internet, and into a new career in a field that's less stressful and more rewarding, such as carpentry. Learn to work with wood, and you'll find your life improves drastically.
>>
>>16795856

the best way to start over for me has always been to simply start over. i grew up military, so im used to moving. whether its to a new state, new town, or new apartment, the change helps.

if thats not happening i tend to kinda purge my old life. sell or get rid of everything i can, re organize the major furniture, etc. big on dropping people out of my life when i ruined everything or simply cant continue with them too.
>>
>>16795860
yeah I'm used to moving around to and I plan to move by May 1
But there's plenty of work that I need to get done before then and I just feel stuck right now, hard to get myself motivated and moving around
>>
I'm not sure if there's a real "how" to the way I did it, but I just tossed everything around age 20 and tried again. That includes literally getting rid of material possessions as well as ignoring my certainties and convictions. If it worked for other people, I gave it a shot myself. I let reflection rather than dogma guide me. I had no choice when facing fear to push through it, to tell myself that tossing everything means tossing my mental barriers as well.

I'm still me. A lot of my values and tastes ended up roughly in the same place. But I also found that I was horribly misguided about a lot of things. I could never have been as happy as I am now had I continued down that path. All of this is easy to describe but I can't tell you "how." There's no magic to making a decision like this. You just do it big style.
>>
>>16795933
Doing it big style

Thats what Im talking about man

Throwing away those mental barriers. Ive kind of caught myself in a cyclical problem with that that. There's no other way than just doing it but I wake up apathetic and lazy everyday
If someone or something isn't pushing me from the outside I just falter and end up procrastinating futher
>>
Anyone ever use meditation to help these kinds of things?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.