[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>16794472 I made this thread last night, but didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1
File: example.jpg (225 KB, 1216x806) Image search: [Google]
example.jpg
225 KB, 1216x806
>>16794472
I made this thread last night, but didn't get much of an answer. Thanks to the one guy that did, but wanted to know of a more permanent no-degree job.

What do people who are in their mid to late 20s do for work? What do you guys do? What do you guys do for living a large city?

A little back story about me is that I'm releasing from the army soon, and I want to live in the city for a year or so before settling for a permanent career in policing. But before that happens I want to experience some freedom before being settled into another lifestyle. I've lived in the city for the majority of my life, but that was when I was in school(up to highschool) long ago before being stuck in a small town mostly filled with military. What I'm really trying to get out of this is meeting different personalities and exposing myself to new living environments. I want to grow as a person. The army was great, but the environment doesn't promote diversity, and I expect much the same with policing. I'm not trying to do this to become a better cop, or put myself further in a career. I just want to enlighten myself with the rest of the world.
Anyone?
>>
>>16795752
Now that you're out of the Army, try a freelance career as a great way of making your money while being your own boss, and meeting a lot of interesting folk. If you develop basic skills in a trade like carpentry, you'll end up being invited into the homes of people from all works of life as a respected craftsman. Everyone from prince to pauper needs a carpenter from time to time, so you'll end up experiencing the whole spectrum of city residents.
>>
>>16795762
Nononono, don't spread that carpentry stuff here mate, I'm looking for a white-collar/pink-collar work that doesn't necessarily have to profitable. I want to expand my experiences with something different. Plus carpentry in my city is heavily unionized, and competitive, requiring years of experience before being taken into a union. On top of that I had a friend ditch the idea all together because his union couldn't find him work-work going to senior members.
I was thinking being a bank clerk, but open to other suggestions.
Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.