[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, everyone. I'm pretty overwhelmed in a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1
File: IMG-20160211-WA0002.jpg (53 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160211-WA0002.jpg
53 KB, 700x700
Hello, everyone.
I'm pretty overwhelmed in a relationship with this girl.
>being together for near 1 year
>realize we're quite different
>I'm a serious man, a little of a bitter person
>she's a bit childish and full of joy
>our life's goals seems to be incompatible without any of us sacrificing
>there're much things I'd like to change in her but I don't like being that oppressive. I just want to feel happy

She loves me, I love her too, but I don't think I want her to be my girlfriend anymore. In fact, I'm thinking I'm the kind of person who would be happier alone, whithout these kind of responsabilities.

I don't know how to break this.
Am I being too stupid o is this a real problem?

Thank you.
>>
>>16795709

>am i being too stupid or is this a real problem.

neither. its not a real problem (for you at least, its a real problem for the rest of the dating world imo) and you are actually being really smart.

most of us jump into the first relationship we can manage to find without worrying about how compatible we are. attraction is attraction and once we stick with someone we feel like we have to stick with someone until they do something bad. like its not fair for us to have doubts or lose interest. its crazy.

relationships end. its pretty much the only universal thing about them. and romantic ones are the most fragile of all.

so break up with her. you wont look back and think 'wow shes the one who got away'. not with any seriousness at least. instead you'll be able to look back at what a nice relationship you had and how you were smart enough to end it on a high note, as opposed to waiting until you wanted to fucking murder each other.

as for being happier alone, you think that now but likely wont in the future. probably. I thought the same thing as you during my last relationship, and 3 years later im still single and loving it, so maybe you are like me.

but most people yoyo. and thats okay to. sometimes you want to be in a relationship. some times you want to be alone. the key to balancing this is only being in a relationship when someone particular makes you want that. not just longing for an imaginary someone to fill an imaginary void.
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.