[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have aspergers syndrome and lately I've met a girl who,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: lead_large.jpg (21 KB, 675x422) Image search: [Google]
lead_large.jpg
21 KB, 675x422
I have aspergers syndrome and lately I've met a girl who, while normal, may actually like me. I have a really hard time knowing how to respond to things or hold normal conversation.

Anyways, I texted her today asking if she'd like to go to this park nearby we've talked about but she said she "i wish! I have work all day tomorrow " with a crying emoji at the end.

What's a normal lighthearted playful but kind response to this. Normally I would respond "okay" but I've been told it's robotic.
>>
That sucks let me know when you got some time.
>>
>>16795240
This sounds normal. Thank you.
>>
>>16795236
"are you on the pill? just wondering if I need to bring condoms"
>>
>>16795241
OP, I don't want to crush your dreams here, but think about this: lets say you end up getting with this girl. You won't have people helping you all the time. We can't always be here to be the Cyrano for your Christian.

It might likely end up that there will end up being hurt feelings all around if she becomes dissatisfied.

Maybe it would be better to find a girl that will accept you, aspergers and all?
>>
>>16795248
I have thought of this.

She does know that I have social issues though I have never mentioned specifically aspergers. She's spent considerable amounts of time with me (approximately 15 hours a week for over three months now) because of classes and a shared hobby. She knows what I am like but I am trying to learn better social skills to talk with her more normally.

My counselor has said that interactions like this can be a good way to learn what is acceptable so I am just seeing what other "normal" people would say to someone through text.
>>
>>16795268
Fair enough. Good luck man, I hope it all works out!
>>
>>16795248
way to go shitting on the kids dreams you cretin
>>
>>16795291
Thank you
>>
you wanna conquer her heart? as soon as the topic is work tell her you're a carpenter.
women love a strong, hard working man and thats what a carpenter is.
>>
>>16795308
I may be a fucked up autist but even I now not to tell people I'm a carpenter just to impress them
>>
>>16795303
I'm not trying to, I'm just trying to give him another angle to look at it from.
>>16795308
OP don't listen to this retard. Don't lie.
>>
>>16795268
You are right. Right now is pretty important because you don't want her to feel that you're disinterested. Once you both feel more comfortable with each other, you don't have to worry about not saying the right thing at the right time.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.