[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a problem. I am 25 and owner of my own company. I lucked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 2342xz.jpg (29 KB, 338x371) Image search: [Google]
2342xz.jpg
29 KB, 338x371
I have a problem.
I am 25 and owner of my own company. I lucked the fuck out and now barely work (20 hour/week) for a ~200 000/year salary.
I save almost all of it, so I don't go around flaunting this. A lot of it goes into reinvesting, or as a future-venture-fund.
I do however own a Tesla.

My problem is this:
Whenever I am on a date, the topic will always at some point turn into jobs.
I don't want it to influence any decision they make about staying together, but I've had bad experience with "Oh yeah I own a company and got a six-figure salary at my current age."
It's always either a sudden change to being creepily nice, or them starting to downright dislike me.

I also really enjoy owning a Tesla, but it seems to only guarantee the topic of money early on. I've contemplated getting rid of it.

Gay, btw.

What should I do?
>>
It wouldn't have worked out with those people anyway
Just keep trying
>>
Keep the tesla.
When asked tell them what your job is (not that you own a business or anything, just say you manage an office or whatever)
Don't tell them your salary
>>
>>16794735
this. you come off arrogant with "Oh yeah I own a company and got a six-figure salary at my current age."

just make it seem like a regular office job
>>
>>16794735
This totes
>>
>>16794731
I hope so, but first impressions count.

>>16794735
>>16794743
>>16794753
I get I can easily say I work in an office.
It wasnt a total transcript of what I've said either, mind you.
What should I do if they ask about salary? I've mostly said "Oh, just average.", but some people are persistent and want a number.
This is probably to make sure I'm not just some slacker with a shit job.
>>
>>16794778
I dunno, usually after you deflect the question twice it becomes awkward to pursue it further. You already say average, if they push further just say "enough to buy things I want" and if they still insist on a number say something like "Is this really that important to you?"
I think any normal person would back off at that point. If they don't, probably not worth your time.
>>
What kind of company OP?

Also if you want a Tesla keep the Tesla. Be real.
>>
>>16794778

>What should I do if they ask about salary? I've mostly said "Oh, just average.", but some people are persistent and want a number.

That's pretty unusual. If someone asked me that on a date, I probably wouldn't want another date. It's literally none of their business unless you're seriously talking about getting married, getting a house together, raising kids, etc.
>>
>>16794753
Yup.
>>
>>16794726
What's the point of success if you can't share it. If it was me in either position I'd not feel any different. Either you click or not
>>
File: robin-william-lonelyness.png (355 KB, 480x477) Image search: [Google]
robin-william-lonelyness.png
355 KB, 480x477
>>16794726
You're going to have to aim for higher social circles if you want someone who isn't intimidated by you.
>>
>>16794726
I am in sort of the same boat.

I have wealthy as fuck parents, and work in my dads company. When people ask me what I do, I just give them a job discription and avoid flopping anything out that suggest I work for my father. If someone asks how much I earn, I either respond with 'enough' or 'money', and change the topic to something else. I live humble, and don't look wealthy. So get rid of your fucking Tesla, becuase it screams: 'I can shit gold nuggets'
>>
>>16794726
What kind of business do you own anon? Maybe have a different car for dates and only pull out the Tesla when you commit to a relationship. Since you seem to be environmentally conscious, a hybrid?
>>
If it were me I'd say it was a gift from an uncle or some such
Or that you are making payments
you can reveal it to be a white lie later if they last and when you explain your logic I'm sure it'll be no big deal
>>
>>16794778
>but some people are persistent and want a number.
I've had that happen before (mid to low income here)
When I get pushed I laugh and ask if they are serious. I havent had anyone ballsy enough to say yes, but if they say yes I'll ask why they care so much.
Regardless of the reason I wouldnt pursue that relationship
>>
>>16794726
Don't slum. People who aren't at OPs level will be gunning for his money, but DO NOT be idiotic and ditch the money.

Find OTHER accomplished people, scrape off the losers, and hang with success.

Learn to project humility, but you don't have to humor people. You made money, if they aren't successful they can find love at truckstop glory holes.

Kudos to OP for doing well, and have no shame!
>>
>>16794778
Fuck anyone who asks for a specific number. There's a word for these kinds of people and it is gold digger. They're in it for the money and nothing else.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.