[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stand my ground and hold my opinions in a world where
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: bubble wrap.jpg (36 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
bubble wrap.jpg
36 KB, 500x374
How do I stand my ground and hold my opinions in a world where everyone will always disagree with me for 50% of my opinions?
>>
>>16794713
If everyone in the entire world disagrees with you then your opinion is clearly wrong.

If it isn't everyone in the entire world, hunt out like minded people and avoid having in depth conversation with those you realise will be ruffled by your views.

Avoid the conflict is the civilised thing to do.
>>
>>16794721
No, only 50% of the time.

I believe that women, brown people and the transsexuals are human beings who deserve the same respect and same aknowledgement to the same efforts as everyone else.

50% of the people disagree with me, because they feel they should be treated more negatively.

The other 50% of the people I meet disagree with me, because they feel like they should be given positive extra treatment.

I have no like-minded people.
>>
>>16794713
I am a pretty opinionated person

1) Know when to keep your mouth shut

2) Embrace (civilized) conflict through debates as it will either
A)Strengthen your views
B)Influence/change your views making you better at X field

3) Don't take it personally. If you can't handle people disagreeing with you you should keep your opinion to yourself

>>16794721
>>16794721
>If everyone in the entire world disagrees with you then your opinion is clearly wrong.
Stupid advice - many times in history has the majority been wrong in retrospect
>>
>>16794713
act like those people on /r9k/
don't give a shit about people who disagree with you
>>
>>16794775
Today I received anon hate on tumblr for stating that if a person gets a literal panic attack from a normal nonviolent school activity, they should be receiving more intense psychiatric treatments.
>>
>>16794787
Apply this idea to emotional hypo-sensitivity

>In medicine, the hygiene hypothesis is a hypothesis that states that a lack of early childhood exposure to infectious agents, symbiotic microorganisms (such as the gut flora or probiotics), and parasites increases susceptibility to allergic diseases by suppressing the natural development of the immune system.

I'm a firm believer that coddling hurts people in the long run. That doesn't mean to be an asshole who can't figure out when a good time to say something is
>>
>>16794713
Just be you.

Do not allow negativity in any form to dissuade you and you will do well.
>>
>>16794787
>tumblr

theres your problem.
>>
Well if a sensitive princess like yourself gets her panties tumbled over such a small thing then I can suggest not going on the Internet ever.

Also people that cite unresearched and untrue statistics are cunts.
>>
>>16794801
I still don't think "dress up as the opposite sex" -days at school cause violent emotional distress to anyone whose mental illnesses aren't too severe to prevent applying to normal school in the first place.

>>16794839
>>16794858
Where should I go then?
>>
>>16794775
Yes but also in history there has never been a recorded majority one being correct.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.