[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MSc with a 2:2 Degree (UK)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2
File: yqjrx9w.png (843 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
yqjrx9w.png
843 KB, 1080x1920
I studied in the UK from a non EU country. Due to the high international fees, I couldn't afford to accept my first choice (22k/year), and studied Maths at a second-tier, but otherwise top 10, Uni. I was demoralised to the ground, and had to work full time to even have as chance at affording the 16k/year fees, for a Uni I did not want to attend (but had to remain being a full-time student to have a chance at obtaining a citizenship).

I was slowly sinking deeper and deeper in my own shit, and went full /r9k/ in third year. 3000hours in video games, attended maybe 20% of my lectures and flat out bunked my exams. Full escapism-mode. I spent maybe 100h in total studying for my degree... and now... I want to study properly and get my shit together.

I am applying for MSc courses, and trying to cover up my stains on my CV. Can you give me some feed-back on my application?

Pros:
>BSc Maths
>Teaching Qualification expected by Aug.
>2 years "Muh Maths Lecturer" experience (leadership/management/people's skills).
>"Had to work full time and tutor to survive my studies!"
>Expecting high GMAT score.
>Flawless high-school level grades + lots of Maths competition awards.

Cons:
>2:2 (56% mostly due to shit 3rd year)
>2 modules with the word "Fail" on my transcript.
>Course ended in 2014, I graduated in 2015 (mitigating circumstances first sit).
>No internships.

Thins I don't mention:
>I drowned in my own shit playing Dota 2.
>Muh depression.
>My teaching qualification is PCE, and not PGCE because I wasn't a graduate when I entered.

I'm 23 y/o Teacher, and desperately want to do a MSc at some European University. My GMAT score will be my ticket out because "Smart but lazy" is the only meme I have left. I have a few safety net offers, but I really want to go to a prestigious institution and commit to studying.

Anyway, you work in admissions, a guy like me (Maths teacher with a 2:2 BSc) applies to your Institution's MSc Maths/Stats/Finance course. What goes though your head?
>>
File: pickup_artist.png (113 KB, 540x931) Image search: [Google]
pickup_artist.png
113 KB, 540x931
I'm going insane waiting for replies...

Do I even stand a chance?
Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.