[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
once you're homeless, is all hope lost? I will be homeless
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
once you're homeless, is all hope lost? I will be homeless very soon and with all these politicians wanting to cut welfare and shit I'm wondering if I should just kill myself. I'm a 19 year old male btw can't go to uni because of grades in high school.
>>
Apply for every job you can. Try and stay with friends if you can, for as long as you can.
Once you become homeless, use the showers at a beach or the sink in a public toilet to keep clean.

Many restaurants and fast food places will discard food thats perfectly fine. Some churches will even donate food to you if you search hard enough. Keep applying for jobs.

If you can manage to find a job, try and save as much as you can for as long as you can, you might be homeless, but buying that chocolate or whatever to feel better is just impeding progress.

Once you have a bit saved up, find a house as far away from the city as you can - they tend to be the cheapest. give them at least 3 months rent in advance and you'll be accepted almost immediately.

Keep applying for more jobs, the more pay and hours, the better.

Keep working and surviving. Cut every corner. The longer you can survive, the better it will get as long as you work for it. Eventually you might actually be breaking even.
>>
Get a gym membership some is free in some countys. Get free shwoers and get fit.

Use public library to get wifi and look for jobs.

Get a cheap gas station phone as you wait for job calls.
>>
>>16794534
So you don't think all hope is lost?
>>
>>16794542
No way. Shit will get harder for a while. But eventually it can get better.
>>
>>16794527
You aint Hugh Glass my nigga of course you can survive in the modern wasteland
>>
I was homeless before. I got out of it okay.
You can too!
>>
>>16794534
/Thread, solid advice...good work anon.

>>16794542
A little more advice is that if you have money buy camping gear, for a fail safe. Sleeping rough in a city is dangerous and dirty, with solid understanding how to take care of yourself camping in the woods is the best option.

Ive done it before when homeless, for a month and half with wages I had saved. Eventually I got a place to crash..job, them my own place
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.