[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My wife went and had our living room painted bright red after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 256x256
My wife went and had our living room painted bright red after I asked her not to. I'm on the razors edge of flipping out because I'm pissed off. I specifically told her that we needed to make decisions like that together, and sitting in a blood colored room is not enjoyable for me. I want to handle this like an adult, but I'm not sure what the best way is to stay cool since we've already discussed it so much.
>>
>>16793061
Punch that bitch in the face.
>>
>>16793071
Trying to avoid that. Can't exactly hit my wife for disobeying me in 2016.
>>
>>16793077
Dump her.

If you're married and living together, then yeah, decisions like that SHOULD be made together.
If she can't handle that, she probably shouldn't be married.

Divorce.

You can't punish your spouse, even if they act like that, because y'know, they're your spouse. At the same time, a lack of negative reinforcement will lead to her thinkin' that either this is totally acceptable behaviour, or that she can get away with it. It'll not only continue, but escalate.

What happens SHE decides to have kids. SHE decides to name them. SHE decides this, that and another thing.

That aint marriage, that's a slave and a master.
>>
>>16793095
We have a kid and one on the way. I would feel stupid saying I divorced her over a room color. On the other hand, you're right that I can't just let it go like a cuck. I'm in a tough place because I want to handle this like a mature man, but rational conversation has obviously already failed.
>>
>>16793061
>he fell for the marriage meme

serve you right for being an idiot
>>
>>16793061
Did you ask her why she did it?
>>
>>16793189
She really loves the color and has wanted a red living room since she was a girl.
>>
>>16793138
How prego is she ?
How old are you?
How about you just go ahead and paint it whatever color you want ?
>handle it like a mature man
Then why is this a massivr issue?
Because she didnt listen or because its red ... had it been any other color would it have mattered to you ?
>>
Dump a bucket of red paint on her when she's sleeping.
>>
>>16793212
But why did she do it knowing you didn't want that? Did she think you weren't serious? Did she not care about how you felt? Is it hormones? Was she punishing you for something?
>>
>>16793179
>marriage is a meme
Since when?
>>
>>16793240
That's as deep as I can get her to go about it. Guessing she just didn't care enough to compromise, felt super strongly about it.
>>
>>16793061
Stop being a cry baby bitch. It's not all about you. She wanted the red room and it makes her happy. Man up and let her have it for fucks sake instead of having a sissy fit in metaphorical corner that is /adv/
>>
>>16793342
This. It's better to let her have what she wants, or else she'll end up going all over the house in every room possible. Better one than all
>>
>>16793342
>>16793351
This is terrible advice
>>
>>16793071
>>16793071
>>16793071
>>16793071
>>16793071
solid advice here 5/7
>>
>>16793234
she's 113 months prego

i'm 68
>>
>>16793061
OP, I seriously hope you're not actually listening to any of these idiots.

First off, yeah, you should be making decisons like that together. You are completely right, and she is completely wrong. HOWEVER, this isn't such a big fucking deal that you should be considering anything drastic, like violence (only a coward does that) or divorce, or anything close to that.
First off, you need to CALMLY talk to her and tell her, without yelling, but firmly, how upset you are that she did that when you asked her not to. Tell her that doing that was like blatantly giving you the big fucking finger. Tell her you want the room repainted, asap, in a color that you BOTH like. If she fights you on it some more, don't engage her in a fight, but DEMONSTRATE why her actions were selfish by painting your bedroom or kitchen, or entryway, or whatever room you think will do,whatever color she hates most. (that's a little dramatic, but it gets more of a point across than yelling and screaming ).
>>
>>16793420
Also, I just read your response about how she has wanted that since she was a girl.
Well, that's nice and all, but if you absolutely hate it, then it still won't do.
Tell her that you understand why she wanted it, but you feel ill every time you walk in there, you hate it so much. Again, ask her to compromise on a color you both like.
Also, when you paint over it (and I'm sure you will), be sure to use a white base to cover up the red, because red paint will bleed through like a bitch.
>>
She should have definitely given up her dream because OP finds it unenjoyable.

Please divorce over what color a room was painted. That would be amazing.
>>
>>16793257
>Guessing she just didn't care enough to compromise
Was there a compromise that you talked about? Something where both parties concede a bit?
It seems sort of hard to find the mid ground of "This is my dream room" and "I hate this room"
>>
>>16793071
>>16793077
Pee in her cereal then. Make her ingest your pee.
>>
Why the fuck do you care what color a room is? Are you gay?
>>
once you pee in her cereal and she eats it, tell her that the walls would look better even if they were pee colored
>>
or, you could smear your poop all over the freshly painted walls to teach her a lesson
>>
do a combination of poop and pee on the walls, then tell her that it's her fault for getting them painted the wrong color. then smack her in the face over and over with your dick until she apologizes.
>>
Hire somebody to have it repainted white.
When she tries to yell at you, say you felt "Very strongly about it being white"
>>
>>16793236
This but argue about it first
>>
>>16793061
Get her a nice spa day or something for Valentine's Day.

Paint the room a normal color while she's out.
>>
pee on her face while she's asleep. but first, get a urinary tract infection so you pee blood
>>
>>16793757

This Anon knows how it works.
She makes decisions without you, so you should too.
Maybe she´ll see how fucked up this is while being married.
>>
take a sledgehammer to the walls, then poop and pee on her side of the bed
>>
hire a lawyer, and file a lawsuit against her for disobeying your instructions
>>
>>16793077
Pretend that it's 1956 then. Punch her as hard as you can in the face, and call her a bitch.
>>
>>16793061
Kill her, it will be harder for police to find any blood in a blood red room.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.