[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Met a Japanese guy, who is married to a Dutch woman. In a smalltalk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /adv/ - Advice

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: ELY3fVCn_400x400.png (4 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
ELY3fVCn_400x400.png
4 KB, 380x380
Met a Japanese guy, who is married to a Dutch woman. In a smalltalk he said that he has left Japan because he is afraid that his children would be victims of discrimination.

Is Japan really so racist?
>>
/int/ user here. Yes, they are.
>>
>>16792886
Wherever you go, you're bound to be shit upon. That's how the social world works. What matters is how you react to it; you can avoid the shit, you can agree with the shit, or you can embrace the shit and turn it from a weakness into a strength. People probably have a harder time with the latter, considering people don't like their arms covered in doodoo.
>>
>>16792886
Oh they are SUPER fucking racist. They've lived on an island for thousands of years before really interacting with the outside world, and that isolationist/xenophobic attitude is still there and thriving.
>>
>>16792901
I second this and amplify it. Japan has literally zero immigration and along with Korea and China are amongst the most racially intolerant people on earth. They are happy to watch and pass judgement on the rest of the world so long as whatever shit's going down stays well away from the homeland.

They welcome visitors, love white westerners, but you're a visitor nonetheless.
>>
>>16792894
fellow /int/ user and can confirm this
>>
There are two social groups in Japan: The Japanese, and the untouchables.
>>
>>16792923
I would say India is historically the morst racist country/people.
They all look the same skin to me, sand niggers but their caste system was brutal.
>>
>>16792886
Currently living in Japan.
Children that are half-Japanese catch a lot of shit, but to leave the country due to that might give an exaggerated impression. I know several Japan-born half-Japanese people. They do experience problems, but they are able to live in Japan and enjoy it.

I don't know that I'd say Japan is more racist than other places. I'm an American minority myself, and from my understanding of my friends here...I mean, they get asked where they are from and can get hassled by police and shit like that, but nobody is getting murdered by cops or anything.
>>
Well, I lived in Japan for a year (Tokyo) I never actually felt discriminated. Sure, some people stared at me sometimes, but it wasn't a discriminatory look, I felt it more like curiosity. Everyone I met was nice to me. Sometimes I even felt like some kind of celebrity because when people looked at me, it was like me being fucking Jesus walking among men. Some girls said I was incredibly attractive (Even though I consider myself average). Now, the only problem is that I lived in Tokyo, so I have no idea how other parts of Japan react to foreigners...
>>
In essence, yes. Japanese-born ethnic Koreans can't vote -- you need to have a certain amount of racial purity for that.

I'm not kidding.
>>
>>16792886
I'm half vietnamese and english. went to japan several years ago on a trip. a train station master got really irritated I couldn't speak japanese well in a small town. Probably thought I was half japanese. But for mixed people they kind of are in awe of you most of the time. But they can be quite racist... or let's say are either quite ignorant of other cultures or prejudiced. A small percentage in a spiteful way but the majority just due to unfamiliarity.
>>
>>16792894
>>16792938
also from /int/
disregard these OP
they're Korean nationalists
>>
as a culture they are actively in the modern era resisting any attempts to penetrate their homogeny.

the younger ages such as 20 and under that still have ideas about individualism are more receptive to talks about foreign influences, but that quickly fades when they goto college or meld into the workforce where individualism is basically an insult to everything else if allowed to rise any higher than your immediate space.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.